KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
My car that toyota bought back wouldnt have power until i put it in gear and drive off. I was sitting in my car in park for well past 10 mins and still wouldn't rev. The dealer tech had it idle for 2 hours lol and still couldnt rev. There was even apx 2 sec acceleration delay upon putting the car into drive. Some here have stated that while driving and coming to a stop light they had some sort of acceleration delay also but mine didnt have that issue. As for the manual saying its 30 secs thats a lie at least for my car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I like how you completely disregard the other issue where it wont rev for hours. Guess its in the manual.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I like how you go straight to name calling lol. Your fingers must be strong. Oh and yes its a beast and i can rev all day long :)

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Key point. You have to put it in gear and drive off.
Screenshot_20210710-061937_Samsung Internet.jpg
Out of curiosity have you ever had the no rev issue happen in park when all fluids are hot, and then just put it into drive without hitting the accelerator pedel or removing your foot from the brake pedal for 1 minute or 30 seconds and put it back into park and see if it still does it?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Out of curiosity have you ever had the no rev issue happen in park when all fluids are hot, and then just put it into drive without hitting the accelerator pedel or removing your foot from the brake pedal for 1 minute or 30 seconds and put it back into park and see if it still does it?
No never done that. Whenever it does it, I just drive away and it's fine.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In this thread:

And then:

But it gets better:

:rolleyes:
Ah yes, underlining a few words out of a paragraph to take things out of context. Always a great argument. Or, highlighting things that were said months apart. Again, out of context.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Also if you have ever been in a redeye widebody you would know it has good handling for what it is. Ive never bashed the supra because i loved that car but each car has its pros and cons.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love how you keep saying its a BMW thing. I feel we keep going around and around. I dont know of any BMW that idles for long periods of time with no power do you? Obviously you dont.
Because you're just supposed to pop it in gear, and go, not sit there and try to rev it. It's not letting you for a reason.
Also if you have ever been in a redeye widebody you would know it has good handling for what it is. Ive never bashed the supra because i loved that car but each car has its pros and cons.
I have. The supercharger whine is great. Lots of fun in a straight line.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Ah yes, underlining a few words out of a paragraph to take things out of context. Always a great argument. Or, highlighting things that were said months apart. Again, out of context.
If I took something out of context, it was unintentional.

Summarizing, folks in this thread said their cars wouldn't rev multiple minutes after starting. You said they should read the manual because the manual stated that full power might not be available for the first 30 seconds after starting the engine. What context is missing?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Mods time for ??:lock:

Lets move on…plenty of other topics to discuss.

-RJM

Reactions: zrk

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If I took something out of context, it was unintentional.

Summarizing, folks in this thread said their cars wouldn't rev multiple minutes after starting. You said they should read the manual because the manual stated that full power might not be available for the first 30 seconds after starting the engine. What context is missing?
It said full DRIVE power might not be available for 30 seconds after starting the engine. In order to get full DRIVE power, it has to DRIVE. See where this is going??
Sponsored