Wouldnt Rev after starting

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah I realised twin scroll shouldn't have lag but its an odd one.
Unusual to use the word sluggish on an A91.
Could be electrical, odd to say the least.
There is none there. Definitely not sluggish. If it was sluggish it wouldn't be faster than a 2020 lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be doing a tune to my car within a few months. I would have done it sooner but want to make sure the ECU is fine.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I tested it this morning. The car has a cold start engine protection. It has a delayed rev so you don't over rev it while it's cold. When the car is hot you can rev it all you want.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Well I tested it this morning. The car has a cold start engine protection. It has a delayed rev so you don't over rev it while it's cold. When the car is hot you can rev it all you want.
So your car wont rev over 1k or 1.5k rpms on idle cold starts? If thats the case its not normal trust me. My car sat for 10 mins at idle and all warmed up and still no power. When I called BMW they said there bmws won't let you rev for the first 30 secs but this is tuned by toyota so thats not a feature here.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that these cars should have a delayed rev on cold start to protect the engine but they dont. You should be able to rev right when you turn the car on. In my case once i drove off the power would engage but when i would cold start is when the car had no power. Then it progressed to all starts regardless if the car was warm or not.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So your car wont rev over 1k or 1.5k rpms on idle cold starts? If thats the case its not normal trust me. My car sat for 10 mins at idle and all warmed up and still no power. When I called BMW they said there bmws won't let you rev for the first 30 secs but this is tuned by toyota so thats not a feature here.
when you say no power, are you trying to say it won’t let you rev past a certain rpm or when you push the pedal, nothing revs up?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
when you say no power, are you trying to say it won’t let you rev past a certain rpm or when you push the pedal, nothing revs up?
Basically yes. If you go back in this thread page 1 shows a video of it doing it after 4 houra sitting and on page 2 of the this thread it happens in the morning on a cold start and dies after. Check the videos out.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
One thing I don’t understand is why anybody would want to get in their car first thing in the morning when the engine is cold and start revving it up to redline like a ricer. :/

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well mine does have that feature so I don't know what to tell you lol.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Well mine does have that feature so I don't know what to tell you lol.
What im telling you is other 2020s and 21s dont have that so you either might have a faulty ecu or everyone else is faulty. Either way you should look into it. Im just here to help so take that however you want.
Also toyota and Bmw said its not normal for the supras. Just saying

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
What do you mean by delayed rev?
That doesn't sound normal ; would get your ecu checked out like @KillxPoint said.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What do you mean by delayed rev?
That doesn't sound normal ; would get your ecu checked out like @KillxPoint said.
Meaning you have to give it more pedal before the revs rise. It's normal. It's a BMW thing. Nothing to worry about.
Sponsored