KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
You filled the entire tank with 91 after your first got it right? trying to remember the story
The dealer filled with reg 87 fuel and when i found out during the purchase i told them it should have been 91 fuel. 91 is the best CA has to offer. Instead of getting all the fuel out they bought a octane booster bottle and said it would bring the octane up to 91 so i didn't have to worry. It took me about 1 week to drive that fuel out of the car and replace with a full tank of 91. All these problems were happening even after the change in fuel.
Sponsored

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Cars are smart enough to adjust for the lower octane. It would rob performance but not go into limp/dead mode like that.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Ok guys, got the car back and so far nothing wrong. I will find out in the morning after a true cold start if the problem is still there. Only weird thing is thay that the 3 times i started the car the AC turned on and i cant remember if it just remembers the last setting. But i turned it pff three times so hopefully it remembers that and stops turning on everytime i start the car.

Just to let you guys know if you haven't been following the thread they changed out the computer.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Update:

Ok guys, got the car back and so far nothing wrong. I will find out in the morning after a true cold start if the problem is still there. Only weird thing is thay that the 3 times i started the car the AC turned on and i cant remember if it just remembers the last setting. But i turned it pff three times so hopefully it remembers that and stops turning on everytime i start the car.

Just to let you guys know if you haven't been following the thread they changed out the computer.

By any chance, do you know what version of ECU they switched to? pre 7/2020? post 7/2020?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean the build date on the ECU? I had a tuner scan my ecu and he pulled the version from it and said it was locked. Unsure what version it was. But now i have a new ecu in there so i have to have it rechecked.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
No because the problem was happening before that also.

Jamorrg2

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition
I just experienced this issue yesterday with my 2021 Supra. Engine had been turned off for about 30 mins. Someone wanted to hear the exhaust sound so started her up and pressed accelerator in park and had huge lag going up the RPMs until it his around 4.5 or 5k then went normal. Happened in sport and normal mode. Hope I am not needing a whole new ECU.

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
https://youtu.be/-lEC3d26beI
Check on my youtube channel and tell me what you think. Also toyota has had my car since Wednesday almost a week and they are ordering me a new engine control module. Basically a ECU? Anyways they were told by BMW to order it so lets hope that helps.
I had this same issue only one day. It was right after I installed a blackvue & battery a few days after picking up the car. Bone stock 2021.
I wanted to see how well the blackvue picked up sound and when I revved it, not only did nothing happen, it immediately shut off. I did it again a second time, another shutdown. Third time I just let it idle for a minute and shut it off for the night.
The next morning and every start after that was fine. I personally did a 93 octane fuel fillup on a quarter tank of whatever was in there when I picked the car up, and it's only seen 93 since. I plugged in a MX+ and didn't get any ECU codes showing up. I haven't had any issues since and I've been toggling between sport and normal mode routinely around town with frequent stops and on long drives and rare stop signs.

Is there any chance you had it in sport mode? I noticed the exhaust valve won't open for the first 30 seconds or so (catalyst warmup?)
I'll try a cold start rev again in the morning.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I had this same issue only one day. It was right after I installed a blackvue & battery a few days after picking up the car. Bone stock 2021.
I wanted to see how well the blackvue picked up sound and when I revved it, not only did nothing happen, it immediately shut off. I did it again a second time, another shutdown. Third time I just let it idle for a minute and shut it off for the night.
The next morning and every start after that was fine. I personally did a 93 octane fuel fillup on a quarter tank of whatever was in there when I picked the car up, and it's only seen 93 since. I plugged in a MX+ and didn't get any ECU codes showing up. I haven't had any issues since and I've been toggling between sport and normal mode routinely around town with frequent stops and on long drives and rare stop signs.

Is there any chance you had it in sport mode? I noticed the exhaust valve won't open for the first 30 seconds or so (catalyst warmup?)
I'll try a cold start rev again in the morning.
Since they replaced the ECM its been fine. When i was having this problem it happened both in sport mode and normal mode. To understand what was happening with my car you would have to start from the beginning of my thread. Started happening only on cold starts then progressed to all starts.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Glad to see they got your issue resolved.... I might have missed it in the thread, but did they ever try re-flashing the ECU before they decide to replace it? Or did you demand a complete new ECU?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see they got your issue resolved.... I might have missed it in the thread, but did they ever try re-flashing the ECU before they decide to replace it? Or did you demand a complete new ECU?
They said they tried everything so the next thing bmw said was to replace tbe ecm.
Sponsored