Wouldnt Rev after starting

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Speaking of which. Anyway to run a datalog or readout from the stock ecu? To see what’s going on when it happens?
Any OBD reader app should be able to do it. Torq, OBDlink, BimmerLink, many others that I can't recall now. Just select whatever channel you want... Don't know how many have recording, exporting.. obviously BM3, EcuTek, MHD also have these....

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Speaking of which. Anyway to run a datalog or readout from the stock ecu? To see what’s going on when it happens?
It would be nice to see a bunch of data logs to pinpoint these exact parameters that need to be met before allowing the car to be driven at 100%. There might be several stages to it for all we know.

From reading what some people are saying and watching the videos from a safety standpoint this needs to be looked into.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
got any photos? That’s awesome!
Sadly no. That was way before social media lol. My Type R was Championship White and it had the proper JDM Recaro interior. Loved that car. My CRX was red. Honda version of a Lotus Elise lol. Light and quick as hell.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sadly no. That was way before social media lol. My Type R was Championship White and it had the proper JDM Recaro interior. Loved that car. My CRX was red. Honda version of a Lotus Elise lol. Light and quick as hell.
I kinda miss those days. No forum wars and people talking shit to each other. lol

allenh427

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just some fun 'relatable' information.
I had a 370z before the supra. After it got to about 30,000 miles, maybe twice a week if I started up the car, it's start up in a type of limp mode and never fix itself until I would turn off the car for 5 seconds and start it back up. It wasn't a typical limp mode though- it would be able to tack up all of the way to redline but the car had insanely slow acceleration, as in my 8 hp honda grom would beat it in a race. I couldn't even make it up a slight grade on the highway without it losing speed trying to get to 70mph.

It wasn't a common issue but I found enough people on the forums saying they had the issue and to clean the throttle bodies. I dealt with the issue for about 6 months and then finally cleaned the throttle bodies and never had the issue again for the next 10,000 miles, to which I traded it in for the supra.

I'm not sure if the throttle bodies were getting stuck at startup, even though turning off the car and then back on would remedy the issue every time, or if some sensor was telling the computer to not open them up, but food for thought.

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
My Supra is only a few days old. After startup to take my dad for a ride, it felt sluggish so I put it in park to see if I could rev to 1500 rpms and it sounded like it was going to die. :( my dad said told you that you should have bought a vette.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
My Supra is only a few days old. After startup to take my dad for a ride, it felt sluggish so I put it in park to see if I could rev to 1500 rpms and it sounded like it was going to die. :( my dad said told you that you should have bought a vette.
Take video of the car doing any issues because you need proof. Toyota possibly needs to fix there tune on this car. My opinion.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
it wasn't the stop start function was it?

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
This is concerning especially for A91 owners.
My feel on this is its a sensor in the transmission registering erroneous data..

/me thinks Toyoda need to investigate this as a priority so yeah unfortunatley those new owners need to video it and send it in and have a case manager look into this.

It could be just a simple sensor not connected correctly and doubt its anything more than this.

Merry Xmas Supra owners from Oz.

????

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
This is concerning especially for A91 owners.
My feel on this is its a sensor in the transmission registering erroneous data..

/me thinks Toyoda need to investigate this as a priority so yeah unfortunatley those new owners need to video it and send it in and have a case manager look into this.

It could be just a simple sensor not connected correctly and doubt its anything more than this.

Merry Xmas Supra owners from Oz.

????
i don’t think the techs at Toyota are going to know what to do. :(
Sponsored