KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
So just started my car to show off to my brother the exhaust sound but while in park it wouldnt rev. I tried sport and nothing. My car is completely stock. After puting the car in drive it took a few seconds before it actually Accelerated. It had no power. Anyone ever experience this before?

Note: ive dont this before to show off the exhaust and this never happened.
Sponsored

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So just started my car to show off to my brother the exhaust sound but while in park it wouldnt rev. I tried sport and nothing. My car is completely stock. After puting the car in drive it took a few seconds before it actually Accelerated. It had no power. Anyone ever experience this before?

Note: ive dont this before to show off the exhaust and this never happened.
Yesterday mine did took like 2s before accelerating after putting it in D. Did not try to rev it before that, I was just leaving home. Felt like the traction control would not allow power, was really weird. 21 bone stock

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Was it on original tank of fuel? I know with my car the dealer put 87 instead of 91. When i found out thet put a octane booster in there. I think my bad fuel caused that problem. Hasnt done it since.

Reactions: mrd

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Was it on original tank of fuel? I know with my car the dealer put 87 instead of 91. When i found out thet put a octane booster in there. I think my bad fuel caused that problem. Hasnt done it since.
No i have 3000 miles on the car

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
So im at apx 500 miles on car and tried to show off exhaust again and once again no power. Ill be taking it into the dealer tomorrow.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
I recently picked up my 2021 Supra and noticed that it also won't rev while in park on certain occasions.

I assumed it was a safety feature to protect the engine or turbos if you try to rev after a cold start or semi-cold start which seems to be when this occurs for me. Now your post makes me wonder if something is wrong with my vehicle.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I hope we get more people to chime in on this. I want to tune the car but if this is happening I should wait. Unless a tune can fix this.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Update. Called BMW because toyota doesn't really know anything about these engines and talked to a service advisor. He told me this is normal for bmws and M series also. Upon startup it limits the rpms for the first 30 secs or longer. Note he also said it might not happen all the time but that all depends on the temp outside ect... i will still bring this to toyota and see what they say though.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Well i just started my car this morning and waited like 3 mins and still no power. So i will be dropping it off at toyota. Once the car has been driven this doesnt seem to happen.

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
After letting it sit and turning it on and waiting the 30 sec or so they recommended, does it rev in neutral?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
After letting it sit and turning it on and waiting the 30 sec or so they recommended, does it rev in neutral?
Nope. Still in car no rev power. Been in car on for over 5 mins.