1,200 miles and where you go for service

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Looks like you're local-ish to me. Which liquid moly did you go with? The 5w30? I'm traveling to TN to pick up my car so by the time I get it home, I'll likely do my first oil change and planning on switching to the liquid moly.
It really depends on how you drive. I'm not a track guy. I'm an atypical city/highway driver so I stuck with the 0w-20 that is recommended.
If you look on Amazon, you can find the oil and genuine Toyota filter at a reasonable cost.
Regards

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like you're local-ish to me. Which liquid moly did you go with? The 5w30? I'm traveling to TN to pick up my car so by the time I get it home, I'll likely do my first oil change and planning on switching to the liquid moly.
Hit me up sometime with a PM. I can't find anyone around here with a Zupra. 😔

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hit me up sometime with a PM. I can't find anyone around here with a Zupra. 😔
I will once I actually get mine haha Supposed to deliver to the dealer first few days of July. Have to take a road trip to TN to pick it up but turning it into a vacation and staying several nights at tail of the dragon to break it in right 😬

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
It really depends on how you drive. I'm not a track guy. I'm an atypical city/highway driver so I stuck with the 0w-20 that is recommended.
If you look on Amazon, you can find the oil and genuine Toyota filter at a reasonable cost.
Regards
I'll be an occasional autox and track, so likely bump it up to 5w30, especially with this FL heat. I'm fine running the 0w20 in my Tundra TRD Pro, but I think the Supra calls for something a little more hefty.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll be an occasional autox and track, so likely bump it up to 5w30, especially with this FL heat. I'm fine running the 0w20 in my Tundra TRD Pro, but I think the Supra calls for something a little more hefty.
I'd like to talk to you about the auto. I'm interested.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I would not take to Toyota dealer for any service, they don't have the knowledge or b58 engine.
Mine wanted my car for days to test and reset the battery.

I just use my garage and do my own work/maintenance. If anything I'd find a local shop that has experience with the car or at least the engine. And and...check their pics. One shop that was recommended looked like you get at least one free scratch per visit with all the cars in the tiny garage.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Mine wanted my car for days to test and reset the battery.

I just use my garage and do my own work/maintenance. If anything I'd find a local shop that has experience with the car or at least the engine. And and...check their pics. One shop that was recommended looked like you get at least one free scratch per visit with all the cars in the tiny garage.
It's interesting you say that because I just scheduled a basic oil change at two local Toyota dealerships and both said they would need the car the entire day....not sure why they need the car for so long for something so basic. Definitely leaning towards independent shop or BMW dealership for the future for maintenance outside of my capabilities.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
It's interesting you say that because I just scheduled a basic oil change at two local Toyota dealerships and both said they would need the car the entire day....not sure why they need the car for so long for something so basic. Definitely leaning towards independent shop or BMW dealership for the future for maintenance outside of my capabilities.
They need it the whole day so they have time to do the oil change and all get to “try out” the car.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
They need it the whole day so they have time to do the oil change and all get to “try out” the car.
I love the hidden camera videos people have on youtube of techs driving peoples cars...Good way to get a free service or something if you have proof some 18 or 19 year old lot tech/porter took your car out for a little joy ride.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I love the hidden camera videos people have on youtube of techs driving peoples cars...Good way to get a free service or something if you have proof some 18 or 19 year old lot tech/porter took your car out for a little joy ride.
If no camera take a picture of your mileage when you arrive at the service center. Just for some sort of backup.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep! I had a similar experience with my dealer for an alignment. They quoted me $600 and it will be 4 hrs labor. Really?????
Sponsored