ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Sorry for your experience. Another reason why I never drive my car around. lol.

Do yourself a favor and get a Sienna. I speed around in that thing all the time and cops treat me like I'm invisible.

evNftA.jpg

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Hey OP, your signature says that you're catless so I'm a bit confused by your post.

On a side note, I was in San Diego last week and I can't get over how nice that area is! I hit up Karl Strauss & Alesmith and I can't wait to go back and try some other places.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This is absurd. W the state of our country, murderers, child molesters, etc. and they are worried about burbles. Nonsense

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is absurd. W the state of our country, murderers, child molesters, etc. and they are worried about burbles. Nonsense
Right. How can the single USA detective and law agency handle both at the same time!? Insane.

In any case, break the law, get a ticket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I get 'no front plate' and 'excessive noise' tickets a couple of times a month, at least. I just pay the hundred bucks or whatever it is a couple of times a month and move on. It's all part of pay-to-play.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Yeah i'm catless, but i'm still on the rather quiet side. Parked next to a full bone stock Supra, our cold starts are almost the same, just more raspier from my end. Burbles are always left on soft with 1 second durations. Even then, the car isn't overly loud compared to the other Supras i hang out with. My car is only loud on WOT. ? how am i going WOT on a dip.. plus a downpipe swap for our cars is like 20 minutes so i'm not worried if he escalated it. I just don't understand how he went about the traffic stop, no other procedures were taken upon the stop, no decibels, no hood popping, no nothing. He just lied straight to my face and told me to have a nice day. Lol. I'm scheduling with the State ref to get inspected because i wanna have the paperwork with me so next time the cop wants to fuck around, he's gonna just be wasting his time.
So you swap it back to stock and they drop the charges?

Seems too easy Senpai!

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Right. How can the single USA detective and law agency handle both at the same time!? Insane.

In any case, break the law, get a ticket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I get 'no front plate' and 'excessive noise' tickets a couple of times a month, at least. I just pay the hundred bucks or whatever it is a couple of times a month and move on. It's all part of pay-to-play.
Breh, you pay a couple hundred a month to not have a front plate? At that point, I'd just slap the plate on man... why you giving your state that much free money? :p

Also, SD has some strict wild officers sometimes. I was lucky when I lived there during college they never gave me a ticket for running around streets in 1st gear on my then 09' GSXR-750 with a Jardine Exhaust.

Basically, sounded almost straight pipe. :p

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP lives in California, knows CA law has cracked down on modified exhaust. Modified stock exhaust by taking the cat off, no one is a fool here we all know what catless stock exhaust sounds like in sport mode. And blames the "pig". This generation and the "its everyone's fault but my own" Really wish the cop had you pop your hood see your catless pipe and cited you for that, talk about fines. those can range up to $20k if they want to be a ass. Fact is YOU modified your exhaust, you got popped for it. I run catless and ive been pulled over when i lived in Cali for no plate, tint and loud exhaust. i fix it, get it signed off on and go about my day. not cry about it and blame it on them doing their job... YOU "broke the law" YOU got caught.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
OP lives in California, knows CA law has cracked down on modified exhaust. Modified stock exhaust by taking the cat off, no one is a fool here we all know what catless stock exhaust sounds like in sport mode. And blames the "pig". This generation and the "its everyone's fault but my own" Really wish the cop had you pop your hood see your catless pipe and cited you for that, talk about fines. those can range up to $20k if they want to be a ass. Fact is YOU modified your exhaust, you got popped for it. I run catless and ive been pulled over when i lived in Cali for no plate, tint and loud exhaust. i fix it, get it signed off on and go about my day. not cry about it and blame it on them doing their job... YOU "broke the law" YOU got caught.
Yeah it strict here but them are the laws. Whether they are BS or not we gotta play by them.

I think some people wanna play the it's unfair game (not talking about OP) when they get caught and others do not.

Reminds me of the TJ Hunt Supra vids where he gets pulled over. He is all like the "cop is a nice guy and doing his job" one minute, then the next he is complaining he got a ticket.

Most cops here won't waste their time. Just depends if you get unlucky one day unless you're really trying to stand out.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
lol, you have a catless downpipe, that's not "stock exhaust" my dude. I have an aftermarket catted downpipe and the exhaust is significantly louder than when it was stock, catless would be even louder than that.

You put an illegal part on your car and got caught, that's all there is to it.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Yeah that catless downpipe coming out of the shadows definitely hurts the credibility. It will change exhaust sound for sure so you don’t really have much of a case. I’d just pay the small ticket and get ready to pay it again, that’s part of having the car unfortunately

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Yeah i'm catless, but i'm still on the rather quiet side. Parked next to a full bone stock Supra, our cold starts are almost the same, just more raspier from my end. Burbles are always left on soft with 1 second durations. Even then, the car isn't overly loud compared to the other Supras i hang out with. My car is only loud on WOT. ? how am i going WOT on a dip.. plus a downpipe swap for our cars is like 20 minutes so i'm not worried if he escalated it. I just don't understand how he went about the traffic stop, no other procedures were taken upon the stop, no decibels, no hood popping, no nothing. He just lied straight to my face and told me to have a nice day. Lol. I'm scheduling with the State ref to get inspected because i wanna have the paperwork with me so next time the cop wants to fuck around, he's gonna just be wasting his time.

So he actually wrote you a fairly accurate citation and you are pissed about it? your OP made it out like your car was 100% stock and its not.

you should be happy he didnt look under your hood or car and find no cat, if that was the case youd have a hefty fine for modifying or tampering with emmision devices no matter what. all you have to do is remove tune and put your stock DP on and you are free an clear after you see the REF. He did you a favor by not looking into it further.
Sponsored

Last edited: