2019 Toyota Supra Prototype Reveals Production Intent Design/Parts

Who do you think is behind the wheel of the Supra?

• White guy

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Asian guy

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
honestly it looks very ugly in so many ways, my god, that design looks even worse than the mkIII, i do realize some people like the mkIII but seriously, what in the hell is this? watched a video of it speeding, it even sounds bad, it doesn't have the booty anymore, the taillights are fugly, oh and the headlights are an absolute joke (how tiny do you wanna make them ffs?), it doesn't look like you can customize its look whatsoever, if you did, it would feel like trying to change how a shelby mustang looks, which is not worth it, i'm not a fan of mustangs at all, but just saying how it will feel like, because this car looks and feels boring and and doesn't even have curves, this is exactly like what happened to the new honda NSX, nobody likes it at all, at all, at all, the new NSX looks like a modded accord, and this sad joke looking supra (and it hurts more to call this a supra) is just another let down, first the gt-r35, then the NSX, and now the supra, from legends to such depressing jokes, but the RX-7 looks the best of them all and pretty sure it will be the best one in performance as well, even though it kinda looks like a mercedes-benz sls, but it's way more relevant looking than the other 3 cars, gtr is alright but seriously what the hell with this supra? i can't get over on how BAD it looks, looks like it was made out of cardboard and it's just plain bad, i've been a mega fan of this car ever since 1997 when i played the ps1 gran turismo back when i was a kid, now i feel very disappointed of this new design, hopefully this trash changes because your older MKIV beats the hell out of your new one, from looks to performance, good god.
Cool story bro :hater:
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
honestly it looks very ugly in so many ways, my god, that design looks even worse than the mkIII, i do realize some people like the mkIII but seriously, what in the hell is this? watched a video of it speeding, it even sounds bad, it doesn't have the booty anymore, the taillights are fugly, oh and the headlights are an absolute joke (how tiny do you wanna make them ffs?), it doesn't look like you can customize its look whatsoever, if you did, it would feel like trying to change how a shelby mustang looks, which is not worth it, i'm not a fan of mustangs at all, but just saying how it will feel like, because this car looks and feels boring and and doesn't even have curves, this is exactly like what happened to the new honda NSX, nobody likes it at all, at all, at all, the new NSX looks like a modded accord, and this sad joke looking supra (and it hurts more to call this a supra) is just another let down, first the gt-r35, then the NSX, and now the supra, from legends to such depressing jokes, but the RX-7 looks the best of them all and pretty sure it will be the best one in performance as well, even though it kinda looks like a mercedes-benz sls, but it's way more relevant looking than the other 3 cars, gtr is alright but seriously what the hell with this supra? i can't get over on how BAD it looks, looks like it was made out of cardboard and it's just plain bad, i've been a mega fan of this car ever since 1997 when i played the ps1 gran turismo back when i was a kid, now i feel very disappointed of this new design, hopefully this trash changes because your older MKIV beats the hell out of your new one, from looks to performance, good god.
It's like a stream of consciousness directly from his mind. Simply amazing.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
:hide:

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Firstly, nobody knows 100% if this Toyota is going to be called a Supra (Chances are likely it will, but we don't really know)
Secondly, Design of any vehicle is purely personal. So if you dont like it, fair enough. No one can force you to like it.
Thirdly, its covered in quite a few fake fucking panels, including unfinished design of headlights & tail lights. So don't come on here and just start rippin on it hard saying how much you fucking hate it. We have no idea what its true lines are going to be - Everything is purely 'speculation' right now.
And Last, I love Supra's just as much as the next person, I've owned one myself. But I think you need to realise what year we're living in and get with the times. Too many people are caught up in the past and comparing every single tiny detail from this car (FT-1 Mule) to the MKIV Supra.
Personally I think this one will hold its own extremely well against the previous Supra. But again... we'll see. Only time will tell, once the car is out and available for review.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 toyota supra manual NA-T
Firstly, nobody knows 100% if this Toyota is going to be called a Supra (Chances are likely it will, but we don't really know)
Secondly, Design of any vehicle is purely personal. So if you dont like it, fair enough. No one can force you to like it.
Thirdly, its covered in quite a few fake fucking panels, including unfinished design of headlights & tail lights. So don't come on here and just start rippin on it hard saying how much you fucking hate it. We have no idea what its true lines are going to be - Everything is purely 'speculation' right now.
And Last, I love Supra's just as much as the next person, I've owned one myself. But I think you need to realise what year we're living in and get with the times. Too many people are caught up in the past and comparing every single tiny detail from this car (FT-1 Mule) to the MKIV Supra.
Personally I think this one will hold its own extremely well against the previous Supra. But again... we'll see. Only time will tell, once the car is out and available for review.

personal taste, i get that, but when it comes to designing a car that should be the successor of the supra and be called as one as well, the design shouldn't look like the sport version of the camry, i do realize it's a matter of taste i mean some people dream about owning a llada, but this thing is most likely to be called a supra, it's a prototype but it's so fucking shitty for a prototype too, like what? unfinished head and taillights? i wouldn't even speculate with this really shitty design i mean i do hope it turns out against my current expectations but this piece of crap is just way too disappointing to give me good hopes for the MKV, it's just that shitty dude, the FT-1 has a good design, the only thing is needs is MKIV head and taillights, and thats only when it comes to looks but performance? i highly doubt teaming up with BMW will result in something good, and what are you talking about? the MKIV design is flawless, even ferrari took that design, the MKIV literally just needs a better interior, and more smoothly curved exterior and small things like LED taillights, thats pretty much it, it just needs to get updated, you can't beat that design because they created a way too good design, unless they come up with something futuristic, i mean take a look at the MKIII and the MKIV, the difference is unreal, and thats what the current supra needs if a newer one is coming on its way, something way too amazing to make people almost never look at the MKIV again, the MKV should make people think only a retard will take a MKIV. to that point dude.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
personal taste, i get that, but when it comes to designing a car that should be the successor of the supra and be called as one as well, the design shouldn't look like the sport version of the camry, i do realize it's a matter of taste i mean some people dream about owning a llada, but this thing is most likely to be called a supra, it's a prototype but it's so fucking shitty for a prototype too, like what? unfinished head and taillights? i wouldn't even speculate with this really shitty design i mean i do hope it turns out against my current expectations but this piece of crap is just way too disappointing to give me good hopes for the MKV, it's just that shitty dude, the FT-1 has a good design, the only thing is needs is MKIV head and taillights, and thats only when it comes to looks but performance? i highly doubt teaming up with BMW will result in something good, and what are you talking about? the MKIV design is flawless, even ferrari took that design, the MKIV literally just needs a better interior, and more smoothly curved exterior and small things like LED taillights, thats pretty much it, it just needs to get updated, you can't beat that design because they created a way too good design, unless they come up with something futuristic, i mean take a look at the MKIII and the MKIV, the difference is unreal, and thats what the current supra needs if a newer one is coming on its way, something way too amazing to make people almost never look at the MKIV again, the MKV should make people think only a retard will take a MKIV. to that point dude.
You do realize it isn't uncommon for prototypes to have unfinished head and taillights... :doh:

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 toyota supra manual NA-T
You do realize it isn't uncommon for prototypes to have unfinished head and taillights... :doh:

i know that dude, but that supra prototype will obviously fail even on its final form, it's just obvious, i'm not upset about the head and taillights alone, it's the entire design it doesn't have that feeling of being a shocking design, i mean if you saw how toyota advertised the MKIV, they actually talked trash to their older supra which is the MKIII and people were absolutely amazed by that entirely new design with its magical curves and pure perfection, this one though looks like it's using a camry chassis, the lights of this lfa prototype gives you an idea of how it will turn out to be, but this supra MKV doesn't have booty, doesn't have that wide body, and just doesn't look promising whatsoever, i mean for the first time i believe there is something uglier than the mitsubishi colt. i just never expected it to look that small and plain, hopefully it won't last long in production and we get to see the MKVI, because this MKV feels like we got back to the 80s with the MKII and MKIII.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
i know that dude, but that supra prototype will obviously fail even on its final form, it's just obvious, i'm not upset about the head and taillights alone, it's the entire design it doesn't have that feeling of being a shocking design, i mean if you saw how toyota advertised the MKIV, they actually talked trash to their older supra which is the MKIII and people were absolutely amazed by that entirely new design with its magical curves and pure perfection, this one though looks like it's using a camry chassis, the lights of this lfa prototype gives you an idea of how it will turn out to be, but this supra MKV doesn't have booty, doesn't have that wide body, and just doesn't look promising whatsoever, i mean for the first time i believe there is something uglier than the mitsubishi colt. i just never expected it to look that small and plain, hopefully it won't last long in production and we get to see the MKVI, because this MKV feels like we got back to the 80s with the MKII and MKIII.
Dude, you either have x ray vision to see through the camo panels or a crystal ball that lets you see into the future. If it is latter please PM me next weeks lottery numbers. K, thanks

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just curious to know what brought you here? A forum made specifically for a car you already dislike so much? Just wanted to vent?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
It looks plain because they drill panels into the car to disguise the real design.

Also just a quick reminder of what the almighty MK4 looked like under camo.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Let me see if I'm getting this right.

1. You are unhappy with the prototype because it doesn't have shocking designs? Um maybe because most of the car is covered in camo and faux paneling.

2. The shape of the head and taillights are very similar to the concept, so I'm not really sure where you are going with this one.

3. It doesn't have the wide body look? Again faux paneling. This is how the rear looks with the camo humps removed, and a comparison with the concept.

4. Its small and plain!
Plain- Again, camo with faux paneling.
Small- Do you even own a MKIV? If so, I'm sure you realize that it isn't a huge car to start with. Its roughly the same size as the prototype.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
4. Its small and plain!
Plain- Again, camo with faux paneling.
Small- Do you even own a MKIV? If so, I'm sure you realize that it isn't a huge car to start with. Its roughly the same size as the prototype.
agree with your points but until we get wheelbase & length info, laying two pics on top of each other is hardly evidence of being the same size...similar proportions could be argued (which in this case are quite different) but not size.
Sponsored

Last edited: