Toyota Reveals SEMA Build GR Supra Sport Top

Should Toyota build a Sport Top Supra?

• Total voters

mtbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
So, I was able to find that Toyota had a one-off targa top made for car shows/conventions. Has anyone found out what company did the actual work and if they would be able to do this for a "street" model? That option has been one of my favorites since I started noticing cars in my teens and I would pay probably way too much money to have it done if it is functional and doesn't compromise structural integrity (I realize this would require strengthening the frame and probably adding pretty significant weight to the car) as I realistically will never put a bunch of extra power into my MKV and the biggest drawback to me is the lack of space in it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So, I was able to find that Toyota had a one-off targa top made for car shows/conventions
This is literally the title of this thread. ;) The Sema build is a targa.

Would they be able to? Yes. Will they, likely no.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
The sport top looks like sh*t. The Supra has a beautiful roofline, cutting it up ruined the look of the car. Same thing goes for the Alfa 4c. It looks better as a coupe over a targa top.

mtbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
This is literally the title of this thread. ;) The Sema build is a targa.

Would they be able to? Yes. Will they, likely no.
Yeah, I made a separate thread, but they merged it into this one for some reason. I was inquiring if anyone had wandered down that path toward trying to get theirs opened up aftermarket.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk