2019 Toyota Supra Prototype Reveals Production Intent Design/Parts

Who do you think is behind the wheel of the Supra?

• White guy

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Asian guy

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
agree with your points but until we get wheelbase & length info, laying two pics on top of each other is hardly evidence of being the same size...similar proportions could be argued but not size.
I agree we won't know for sure until we have an official press release. As far as the overlap goes I used the 17 inch wheels as a guide when doing the comparison.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I agree we won't know for sure until we have an official press release. As far as the overlap goes I used the 17 inch wheels as a guide when doing the comparison.
right, but if you're going by that then any slight deviance we see with the overlap will be much more dramatic in normal scaling. with your pic it appears the mk4 has a noticeably longer wheelbase as the center cap of the front wheel is clearly further ahead which would make sense considering it is now a 2 seater..

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
right, but if you're going by that then any slight deviance we see with the overlap will be much more dramatic in normal scaling. with your pic it appears the mk4 has noticeably longer wheelbase as the center cap of the front wheel is clearly further ahead which would make sense considering it is now a 2 seater..
Of course it isn't prefect or fool poof; its just to give people a general idea. Yes the old model has a longer wheelbase at 100.4 inch. I suspect the prototype will have a wheelbase closer to the Z4 (E89: 98.3 inch & E85: 98.2 inch).

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
i know that dude, but that supra prototype will obviously fail even on its final form, it's just obvious, i'm not upset about the head and taillights alone, it's the entire design it doesn't have that feeling of being a shocking design, i mean if you saw how toyota advertised the MKIV, they actually talked trash to their older supra which is the MKIII and people were absolutely amazed by that entirely new design with its magical curves and pure perfection, this one though looks like it's using a camry chassis, the lights of this lfa prototype gives you an idea of how it will turn out to be, but this supra MKV doesn't have booty, doesn't have that wide body, and just doesn't look promising whatsoever, i mean for the first time i believe there is something uglier than the mitsubishi colt. i just never expected it to look that small and plain, hopefully it won't last long in production and we get to see the MKVI, because this MKV feels like we got back to the 80s with the MKII and MKIII.
I just have a question.Do you know what engine the car is going to have? because, you seem to be the only one on here who knows exactly what this car is going to look like. So, am thinking you might be able to tell us what the engine specs would be too. I would appreciate that.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 toyota supra manual NA-T
I'm just curious to know what brought you here? A forum made specifically for a car you already dislike so much? Just wanted to vent?
a car i dislike? how did you conclude that even though i said i was obsessed with this car since the late 90s? that broke the rules and conditions of stupidity and brought it to a whole other level... after all i said, you concluded that i hate the supra, good fucking game lol...

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It looks plain because they drill panels into the car to disguise the real design.

Also just a quick reminder of what the almighty MK4 looked like under camo.

supra design here looked promising, the point is the MKV proto looks like it's using a camry chassis, why are you running in circles and not get the point of what i'm saying, the proto MKIV looks really close to the production one, pretty much everything the same, it's just as if you rendered an unfinished painting, but you can tell how it's gonna turn out to be, the same shit is here, the MKV will look like shit, it's pretty much a shitty version of the FT-1, just smaller with shitty headlights and less width, it's the MKIII of 2018-2019.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
supra design here looked promising, the point is the MKV proto looks like it's using a camry chassis, why are you running in circles and not get the point of what i'm saying, the proto MKIV looks really close to the production one, pretty much everything the same, it's just as if you rendered an unfinished painting, but you can tell how it's gonna turn out to be, the same shit is here, the MKV will look like shit, it's pretty much a shitty version of the FT-1, just smaller with shitty headlights and less width, it's the MKIII of 2018-2019.
You aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shield are you? It looks plain, boring, bloated, and unfinished. Which is the point of putting camo over a prototype. Yes a two door sports car looks like a midsize sedan, ok. You are retarded for complaining about how a prototype looks with its camo. How dare Toyota try and make a prototype not look like a finished showroom product. They have some nerves let me tell you. If you want to complain about how it looks than wait for the official unveiling to take place. Less wide? People have already tried to explain to you once the odd hump camo panels are removed the rear is plenty wide. The designers have said since day one that a production version would be 10% smaller, and the concept was only made larger for stage present. So I'm not sure why you are shocked? Everyone here has already tore apart your so called "points". Do yourself and all of us a favor and just stop posting until Tokyo.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
a car i dislike? how did you conclude that even though i said i was obsessed with this car since the late 90s? that broke the rules and conditions of stupidity and brought it to a whole other level... after all i said, you concluded that i hate the supra, good fucking game lol...
How dense can you be? Anyone with common sense knows he is referring to the car that is currently testing, and obviously not past Supras. And you still haven't answered my questions about next weeks lottery numbers.

8fc3162d32c7e051f086e0b5b18c443365deb6892f3fe5bc6f2677bba3447afd.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shield are you? It looks plain, boring, bloated, and unfinished. Which is the point of putting camo over a prototype. Yes a two door sports car looks like a midsize sedan, ok. You are retarded for complaining about how a prototype looks with its camo. How dare Toyota try and make a prototype not look like a finished showroom product. They have some nerves let me tell you. If you want to complain about how it looks than wait for the official unveiling to take place. Less wide? People have already tried to explain to you once the odd hump camo panels are removed the rear is plenty wide. The designers have said since day one that a production version would be 10% smaller, and the concept was only made larger for stage present. So I'm not sure why you are shocked? Everyone here has already tore apart your so called "points". Do yourself and all of us a favor and just stop posting until Tokyo.

are you mad? the MKIV proto doesn't look as shitty as the MKV one, which should give you an idea of how terrible the design is, and i'm not complaining about the camo itself you shallow dumbass, i am talking about how shitty it will look even after they show the production version, get your head out of your ass and understand the points, and if you really think getting mad and bashing other people for having a different opinion and views is tearing their points down, you sir need to see somebody, because you can't be more self centered which i found it to be quite funny from people in this thread alright, you can't have your own opinion and if you did you're retarded lawl, this car will fail and you guys will be compassionate about it, and you're still stupid enough to think i'm only complaining about the wide body and those stupid things, i'm saying this whole design is a disaster, even with a wider body it will look ugly, take a look at an evo yes it does have a lot of power and capabilities, but when it comes to exterior, it's really nothing special at all, it's not a car i care about anyway and i only care about supra, which is why i can't get over this shit design, and i already said the MKV should look like something out of this world just like how the MKIV did when it first came out, take a look at the MKIII and the MKIV, yup, you can't, because MKIII was a total fail, but the MKIV was other worldly, and the MKV should have been the same thing, get that in your stupid limited imagining brain of yours.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How dense can you be? Anyone with common sense knows he is referring to the car that is currently testing, and obviously not past Supras. And you still haven't answered my questions about next weeks lottery numbers.

then he is as stupid as you are to say that because my point still stands, if i hate the supra why would i care about it? i never liked subies or any other car at all, and all i care about is this car, which means i criticize it because i care about it and that means i don't want the MKV to look like shit, brains. are you trying to be funny now?, it's not even remotely funny, maybe if you said that to a 12 year old he'd laugh, but dammit you're lame and depressing lol, it's actually very very mind numbingly boring and depressingly frustrating. My god. Die dude.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
then he is as stupid as you are to say that because my point still stands, if i hate the supra why would i care about it? i never liked subies or any other car at all, and all i care about is this car, which means i criticize it because i care about it and that means i don't want the MKV to look like shit, brains. are you trying to be funny now?, it's not even remotely funny, maybe if you said that to a 12 year old he'd laugh, but dammit you're lame and depressing lol, it's actually very very mind numbingly boring and depressingly frustrating. My god. Die dude.
You've "never liked any other car at all" so you're not a car guy, you just somehow decided it would be cool to have an MKIV? Sounds like you just need to stick with that and forget about the MKV.

masahiro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MR2
honestly it looks very ugly in so many ways, my god, that design looks even worse than the mkIII, i do realize some people like the mkIII but seriously, what in the hell is this? watched a video of it speeding, it even sounds bad, it doesn't have the booty anymore, the taillights are fugly, oh and the headlights are an absolute joke (how tiny do you wanna make them ffs?), it doesn't look like you can customize its look whatsoever, if you did, it would feel like trying to change how a shelby mustang looks, which is not worth it, i'm not a fan of mustangs at all, but just saying how it will feel like, because this car looks and feels boring and and doesn't even have curves, this is exactly like what happened to the new honda NSX, nobody likes it at all, at all, at all, the new NSX looks like a modded accord, and this sad joke looking supra (and it hurts more to call this a supra) is just another let down, first the gt-r35, then the NSX, and now the supra, from legends to such depressing jokes, but the RX-7 looks the best of them all and pretty sure it will be the best one in performance as well, even though it kinda looks like a mercedes-benz sls, but it's way more relevant looking than the other 3 cars, gtr is alright but seriously what the hell with this supra? i can't get over on how BAD it looks, looks like it was made out of cardboard and it's just plain bad, i've been a mega fan of this car ever since 1997 when i played the ps1 gran turismo back when i was a kid, now i feel very disappointed of this new design, hopefully this trash changes because your older MKIV beats the hell out of your new one, from looks to performance, good god.
Im gonna call you out here. It seems like a common trend that a lot of MKIV owners (not all though) instantly trash on a the MKV without any kind of objective evidence. There has been no real technical details released nor has the true body style even been shown. These MKIV owners are in reality threatened by how much better the new car will be (and it should be since theres 20 yrs in tech advancement). So basically its just a bunch of insecure owners really worried about the current car they have. This mindset appears a lot with previous gen owners whenever any new model comes out (STIs, GTRs, Camaros).

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 Miata
honestly it looks very ugly in so many ways, my god, that design looks even worse than the mkIII, i do realize some people like the mkIII but seriously, what in the hell is this? watched a video of it speeding, it even sounds bad, it doesn't have the booty anymore, the taillights are fugly, oh and the headlights are an absolute joke (how tiny do you wanna make them ffs?), it doesn't look like you can customize its look whatsoever, if you did, it would feel like trying to change how ~Snip~
personal taste, i get that, but when it comes to designing a car that should be the successor of the supra and be called as one as well, the design shouldn't look like the sport version of the camry, i do realize it's a matter of taste i mean some people dream about owning a llada, but this thing is most likely to be called a supra, it's a prototype but it's so fucking shitty for a prototype too, like what? unfinished head and taillights? i wouldn't even speculate with this really shitty design i mean i do hope it turns out against my current expectations but this piece of crap is just way too disappointing to give me good hopes for the MKV, it's just that shitty dude ~Snip~
i know that dude, but that supra prototype will obviously fail even on its final form, it's just obvious, i'm not upset about the head and taillights alone, it's the entire design it doesn't have that feeling of being a shocking design, i mean if you saw how toyota advertised the MKIV, they actually talked trash to their older supra which is the MKIII and people were absolutely amazed by that entirely new design with its magical curves and pure perfection ~Snip~
are you mad? the MKIV proto doesn't look as shitty as the MKV one, which should give you an idea of how terrible the design is, and i'm not complaining about the camo itself you shallow dumbass, i am talking about how shitty it will look even after they show the production version, get your head out of your ass and understand the points, and if you really think getting mad and bashing other people for having a different opinion and views is tearing their points down, ~Snip~
Holy run-on sentences, Batman! Oh and congrats, you somehow managed to make HKz look like a gental, and level-headed lad in comparison.
Sponsored