2020 Supra Firesale?

ayau

First Name
ayau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 fitty
Cars are just another widget. The dealers finance the cars just like the buyers. The longer they sit for, the more interest they’re paying and the more willing they’ll negotiate with you on the price. In addition to kickback they receive from Toyota, that will also incentivize the dealer to work with you on the price.

2020 models won’t be heavily discounted until the 2021 models or when they know they’re going to get a surplus of Supras sitting on the lot. They obviously prefer to sell Camrys and RAV4s since the audience of those are much larger. Supras are very hard to sell and appeals to a very small market that it’s not even worth the sales rep to even try.
Sponsored

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Houston. I was told they’re not moving any anywhere in Houston because the preference there is heavily for American muscle.
I haven’t had much luck with Texas dealerships. Especially the DFW dealerships. Most the better pricing I’ve found are in your fly over states.

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Houston. I was told they’re not moving any anywhere in Houston because the preference there is heavily for American muscle.
Mind sending me a copy of the buyers agreement, blocking out your personal information? I could really use it to help me get that price.

I'm in Oklahoma, but recently moved from Texas. Usually in Texas, they wrap the sales tax into the purchase and the otd price. And Texas sales tax is like 6.25% on new car purchases. If you got a premium for $45k otd, that's like $43k before TT&L. The cheapest premium is msrp $55k. You got $12k off, or about 22%.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Mind sending me a copy of the buyers agreement, blocking out your personal information? I could really use it to help me get that price.

I'm in Oklahoma, but recently moved from Texas. Usually in Texas, they wrap the sales tax into the purchase and the otd price. And Texas sales tax is like 6.25% on new car purchases. If you got a premium for $45k otd, that's like $43k before TT&L. The cheapest premium is msrp $55k. You got $12k off, or about 22%.
Yeah that is really low perhaps maybe that’s including the trade in or down payment which shouldn’t count though.

Coldskeet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gen 3 Raptor / A91 Ref. Blue Supra
I dont think he got a premium for 45k no way. Im in Houston id love to hear where this was bought

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I dont think he got a premium for 45k no way. Im in Houston id love to hear where this was bought
Joe Myers. I presented them with quotes from 2 other dealers and from Porsche of West Houston (only to let them that I would buy a Cayman). They seemed to not want me to buy a base Porsche.:rofl:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Joe Myers. I presented them with quotes from 2 other dealers and from Porsche of West Houston (only to let them that I would buy a Cayman). They seemed to not want me to buy a base Porsche.:rofl:
Bust out the bill of sale bro. :popcorn:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
If you got a brand new Prem for 45 OTD, that means before taxes/fees, you were like around $41-$42k. I call BS.... You can't even get a brand new base model for that price.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I should mention 2 important things about my wife: 1) she’s a lawyer with Toyota Motor North America (thus I/we got a better than usual discount), and 2) she won’t let me post anything, and it behooves me to do what she says;)

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I should mention 2 important things about my wife: 1) she’s a lawyer with Toyota Motor North America (thus I/we got a better than usual discount), and 2) she won’t let me post anything, and it behooves me to do what she says;)
lmao

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
If that is the case, you may want to have your Toyota lawyer wife follow up on the Toyota battery the Toyota dealership is deep dicking you on.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
If that is the case, you may want to have your Toyota lawyer wife follow up on the Toyota battery the Toyota dealership is deep dicking you on.
She does trademark law. And, yeah, I tried, but she wouldn’t intervene. But I straightened out the battery issue I think. I got a refund for the first battery:headbang:

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Your story is a bit confusing/conflicting, but I'm not going to pry. Probably should had led with you get a TMC discount. Simple and doesn't compromise anything.
Sponsored

Last edited: