2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
To be honest, Toyota's launches of cars are never really well done in my opinion. Other brands share similar issues, but not all.

It's just a car. One day it will be out and all of this will mean very little.

It sounds good though.

Jeff
Sponsored

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Same camo, no new specs. As expected really.
This round was driven by Tada waving to the crowd, maybe with test driver Herwig Daenens at the wheels it shows some real speed.
Is the sound from the vids actually the Supra engine sound? It looks completely out of sync (and very loud) at some points, while quiet at others, maybe it gets overlapped with another car running in a different circuit?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Same camo, no new specs. As expected really.
This round was driven by Tada waving to the crowd, maybe with test driver Herwig Daenens at the wheels it shows some real speed.
Is the sound from the vids actually the Supra engine sound? It looks completely out of sync (and very loud) at some points, while quiet at others, maybe it gets overlapped with another car running in a different circuit?
Agreed, it doesn’t seem to be from the Supra. Some other car nearby.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
Some very nice photos on Instagram but no interior yet :( there's a pic of the HUD though

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Glad I didn't stay up for this one. Geneva part 2 all over again (as expected). It does sound pretty nice when it takes off but can't confirm if that's the Supra making that exhaust sound or another car running around in the background. In some parts it does sound really good and in others kinda quiet. Either way the LA auto show is what I'm waiting for to get something official...maybe

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder how much Herwig goes?
Maybe Tada is just doing the pres run, the every day driver who likes to have fun, and then the skilled guy ripping it.

How likely is a 46 second speed run?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
it was the new motor, but unfortunately you can hardly hear it...

that said, I'm not sure what folks were expecting. there will be a point where things are revealed and you can see more of the car, but that will occur later on; it's still too far away from launch.

try to relax a bit and understand that a reveal like this isn't really for those avidly following this cars every move. it's more an attempt to get other people, either not aware or that haven't been actively following the car, to get in on the fun.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
That wasn't it, that was a car in the background :'(
100% correct that sound WAS NOT the MKV! When he passes the wall you can barely hear it...

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^ so the nice loud exhaust notes heard in the video are not from the Supra :(

It is frustrating especially for all of us on this site that have been following this car for some time. But I do understand these things are done to bring hype back to the Supra name plate. Especially since those that maybe did see or hear about the FT-1 years ago probably forgot about it since nothing was officially confirmed by Toyota until recently. But still Supra fans have been waiting for this car for a long time so you can see how the teasing can get frustrating :bat:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Nah, I was wrong. The microphone is not linked to the video_ so you get audio from a different point from where the video is recorded.

It is the A90... Definitely has a decent I6 howl.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
it was the new motor, but unfortunately you can hardly hear it...

that said, I'm not sure what folks were expecting. there will be a point where things are revealed and you can see more of the car, but that will occur later on; it's still too far away from launch.

try to relax a bit and understand that a reveal like this isn't really for those avidly following this cars every move. it's more an attempt to get other people, either not aware or that haven't been actively following the car, to get in on the fun.
Agreed. I wasn't expecting more than what got so far. Some of the pictures show what I personally couldn't see thus far. The only icing on the cake would be some interior shots. Even got to see the VIN number even though it's not relevant :)

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had a guy message me on instagram with heaps of detailed photos and info posted by a user - which is very consistent with what's been put here (iron block, low weight etc)

275 rear tyres too!!! I'll post asap.
Information stolen by car journalists snooping about in 3...2....1....

Status
Not open for further replies.