2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eltoshan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991.1 C2S
Formula 1 uses "plain rotors" too. Just like most true race cars. DonĀ“t get too held up on the bling of drilled rotors.
Additionally, they are cheaper to replace, which is a big plus for people that will actually track this car.

F1 brakes:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-20-at-9.40.34-AM-868x593.jpg

Since youĀ“re a BMW M4 owner, youĀ“ll be glad to know the race version of your car (M4 GT4) uses plain rotors, with 4 slots, not the drilled rotors the street car has.

2018-bmw-m4-gt4.jpg
Difference being that F1 cars and the M4 GT4 are full on race cars with dedicated brake ducts. Without those brake ducts you need every bit of brake cooling at this weight level. I doubt the new Supra and the Z4 will have those brake ducts as production cars

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Difference being that F1 cars and the M4 GT4 are full on race cars with dedicated brake ducts. Without those brake ducts you need every bit of brake cooling at this weight level. I doubt the new Supra and the Z4 will have those brake ducts as production cars

You got owned by marketing. Rotors surface type (smooth, drilled, slotted) is the least important thing.

http://bimmertips.com/drilled-slotted-scalloped-floating-ceramic-brake-rotors-explained/

Anyway, it is a tuner's car, most parts will be swapped. Nice the have the car good enough from factory, but cheap enough to be modified right after delivery. Toyota is really good at that balance.

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao wut

I know you don't like the fake vents but even if it did have real vents the horsepower number wouldn't go up lol.
Hehe.. I was trying to convey that.. race inspired cosmetic enhancements (RICE) such as fake vents can also mean such measures were taken else where to give the potential buyer a false hope of performance.

Keep cost down.. as long as it looks cool and has a cool name ā€˜Supraā€™.. everyone will buy it expectation that Toyota seems to have with this car.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I got to admit, itā€™s a good looking bimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.