2020 vs 2021 Supra: Which Makes More Power TUNED?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
a better flowing head has more potential. Which one has a better flowing head….that’s the one that has better tuning potential. It’s not rocket science.
Sponsored

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Not back to back, so it's useless. "Similar" conditions can mean a million things. If it's not the same, it's not comparable.

It's 100% comparable. The delta between the two runs is 5° and 15% humidity. That's as close as 'back to back' or 1:1 as you can reasonably get and the applied Correction Factor, by design, equalizes the minute variance. You can easily have a greater ambient condition swing over the course of a few hours.

As for the differences, it's engine dynamics 101. Higher static compression and higher exhaust velocity will make a bit more power at this level.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
No, the whole reason for lower compression is to allow for shitty gas.. tune both cars on 93 pump or better, the A90 will always make more power.

People who are serious about making power aren't running 10:1 compression.
The S58 would like to have a word with you, it has (9.3:1). But yes, I mean I agree with you completely, the 2020 B58 it's a weird one with great benefits, really great throttle response, almost no lag and performs nicely with high octane fuel.

As for the S58, I think it was purposely designed to deliver at the top end, at the expense of higher turbo threshold and way more lag, hell I think even the cams are designed for that, the thing keeps pulling harder at 7000 rpm.
Sponsored