2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
They got the order of the sessions wrong imo. Practice one, qualifying, practice two, sprint race.

Why not keep Friday as is, two practice sessions, then qualifying instead of practice three, sprint race where qualifying used to be, then race on Sunday.
Sponsored

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
They got the order of the sessions wrong imo. Practice one, qualifying, practice two, sprint race.

Why not keep Friday as is, two practice sessions, then qualifying instead of practice three, sprint race where qualifying used to be, then race on Sunday.
That would be better. I just don't think the sprint race is going to be as exciting as people think. Nobody in their right mind is going to jeopardize their Sunday for a slightly better grid spot (because the only people who will get points are the top finishers anyway).

Part of me thinks that the drivers know this, so that's why they were so excited to qualify where they did today. If the "sprint race" is going to be a fast parade style race, then the Friday qualifying will start to matter more.

I'm sure some cars will have a better race pace and make up a couple places, but for the most part Sunday's grid will likely be tomorrow's grid.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm gonna be honest here as someone who watches all of the sessions in the normal format, I find myself just leaving the live feed to do other stuff this weekend.

The new format is boring to me. There is more stuff, but each event means less. I think for the other sprint qualifying races this year, I'm just going to watch the sprint qualifying highlights later on Saturday and tune in for Sunday's race.

Free practice 2 is pointless for fans. The teams can't make any real changes to the car, so they are all just testing tires and making minor tweaks...boring.

We will see how entertaining the Sprint qualifying race is today, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I'm glad I was proven wrong here. Absolutely a great qualy race today.

Should swap the FP2/qualy 1 order, but otherwise that was good.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They need to tweak it a bit.

Friday: P1 and P2
Saturday: Qualifying and Sprint
Sunday: race

Sprint I'd do half race distance, 1 pit stop required, points for top 6 drivers, old point system.
10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Typical Hamilton. Can't do it fair, he'll just ram them off the track.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Typical Hamilton. Can't do it fair, he'll just ram them off the track.
The HATE is HUGE!!!!!

Watched several races of Shumacher back in the day, and thought I would never see such a driver again........until 44

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The HATE is HUGE!!!!!

Watched several races of Shumacher back in the day, and thought I would never see such a driver again........until 44
Yeah it's disgusting. And then he gets a "penalty" that doesn't affect them at all. Embarrassing for F1.

Reactions: max

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Yeah it's disgusting. And then he gets a "penalty" that doesn't affect them at all. Embarrassing for F1.
Did you really think they would not give him a chance at Silverstone??????;)

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just happy to see some red on the podium. I feel sorry for Charles, having to reset his engine map at 200 mph...fucking hell man.

Glad that Max seems to be okay after that crash.
Lewis should have gotten a larger penalty with how dangerous the stunt he pulled was.
Fitting that Tom Cruise was his guest at the race.