2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Lando got penalty. that why they don't hate him. if it was Hamilton, definitely!
We like Lando, because he's a likeable guy, and a great driver to watch. Hamilton is a diva that complains to his team why his teammate is racing him, that's why we dislike him.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
That rule is very flawed though, basically saying if there’s a car beside you give up your place. They need to let them actually do some wheel to wheel racing
Been watching F1 since I was 10 years old and I still don't fully understand when you have to leave room and when you're entitled to the whole track. I thought having former racers participate in the penalty decision-making was supposed to cut down on this silliness. :dunno: Lando-Checo, Checo-LeClerc I, and Checo-LeClerc II, to me, each of those was: "That's racing".:dunno:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been watching F1 since I was 10 years old and I still don't fully understand when you have to leave room and when you're entitled to the whole track. I thought having former racers participate in the penalty decision-making was supposed to cut down on this silliness. :dunno: Lando-Checo, Checo-LeClerc I, and Checo-LeClerc II, to me, each of those was: "That's racing".:dunno:
The rule is, if the front wing of the following car is next to your rear wheels, or closer, you have to leave a car's width of space.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
for 2nd races in a row, standing hasn't changed so nothing to report at the moment. I wonder if season will end as is..
The RB was very well suited to the RedBullRing, but in the race before in France, Mercedes had the quicker car. Silverstone coming up could be very close again.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Mercedes also apparently has some upgrades planned for the car before silverstone so it should be interesting

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes also apparently has some upgrades planned for the car before silverstone so it should be interesting
Yup. Wolff made a comment that both Mercs will blow away the competition with a 30 second lead lol. So we'll see. But I'm sure it'll be closer racing than last 2 weeks.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Race Week!

Silver Stone it is! With Sprint Race?!

here's some what ambiguous prediction for this week.

- before the sprint race, what's your prediction on sprint race on Saturday? Will it be good? bad? ugly?
- after the race, was it as you expected?

for me, sprint race worked for F2 but for F1, faster car will get more points for the weekend. So I don't expect much... - perhaps this way, I won't be disappointed. ;)

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Race Week!

- before the sprint race, what's your prediction on sprint race on Saturday? Will it be good? bad? ugly?

for me, sprint race worked for F2 but for F1, faster car will get more points for the weekend. So I don't expect much... - perhaps this way, I won't be disappointed. ;)
It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Race Week!

Max will win the Saturday sprint race, with Lewis and Vallteri somewhere between 2nd and 4th positions, Checo in the mix for a podium, and Lando and McLaren best of the rest. Sunday will probably look about the same. The question to me: how far behind will Mazespin finish behind Mick? 10 seconds? 20 seconds?

I think it will be OK but probably less exciting than the Sunday race since you won't have pit stop strategy to influence things. Yes, there is some strategy around tire choice but I suspect most teams will coalesce around the same tire, perhaps the C2?

I actually don't think we will see more aggression from drivers because it's "just" a sprint race. If there is a gap, these drivers are going to go for it but I don't think we are going see some next level of moves that just were being held back before.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
In case you want to know more about sprint race..

One thing I didn't accounted for was Parc Ferme. I think this may play big part since team only has about an hour to adjust for satuday and sunday. if you get it wrong in that 1 hour, you may have ruined entire weekend.. :popcorn:

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I find it hard to be excited about the qualy results today. They are basically meaningless.

I'm happy for George qualifying P8, but not as happy as I would have been had this actually been qualifying for the race.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
i really don’t understand why they’re pushing for more sprint qualifying, is the traditional way really that bad. Like this seems like a step in the wrong direction

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
What I would like to see is a single qualifying session instead of 3, just determine the pecking order from there, similar to the free practice rankings.

I don't want any strategies to be involved in Qualifying.
Just let the drivers put out their fastest lap.

Free choice of starting tire on race day.

I would even be down for 3 qualifying sessions with the same rules as above, but have teams pick which session they want to be a part of. Then there is a strategy of which session will have the best track temp/weather vs fewest cars for traffic.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I am excited to see George laying awesome time!

This one, in my opinion, is about rating. who watches P1, P2, or P3 unless one is crazy fan of F1? that reduces rating revenue to 2 broadcasting sessions that makes $. with this format, people may watch more F1 on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. perhaps people may even watch P2 on Saturday morning. Will it be more exciting? Well... that's the reason for this week's prediction challenge.

Parc Ferme is in play now with limited exceptions. this will impact both races if team didn't get it right this morning..

So far, hard to tell if this will be exciting... up to now was just like typical saturday...
Sponsored