2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Merc is a better team than RBR and they showed that today.
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
on a negative note, Mazepin need to improve his skill as back marker... He is worse than all of my HPDE 1 students.
I keep wanting to give him more chances but I donā€™t think he belongs on the grid. Whatever financial backing he is bringing, I am not sure he is a net positive for Haas.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I keep wanting to give him more chances but I donā€™t think he belongs on the grid. Whatever financial backing he is bringing, I am not sure he is a net positive for Haas.
He is when HAAS is trying to sell the team to his daddy?..

Steve

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Christian Horner pisses me off, and not because he gets to bang Ginger Spice.

its the bendy wing. Now that RBR finally has some engineers with a little medulla oblongata to them, he is fine with....ahem....creative interpretations of the rules. Everyone knows the rear wing has to be rigid. This is the guy who lead the complaints about ferrari fueling, the mercedes toe adjust steering system, etc; and now he wants to act all indigent that people dont like his clearly illegal rear wing.

be curious to see if its still on after the fia issued the ā€œrule clarificationā€

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Christian Horner pisses me off, and not because he gets to bang Ginger Spice.

its the bendy wing. Now that RBR finally has some engineers with a little medulla oblongata to them, he is fine with....ahem....creative interpretations of the rules. Everyone knows the rear wing has to be rigid. This is the guy who lead the complaints about ferrari fueling, the mercedes toe adjust steering system, etc; and now he wants to act all indigent that people dont like his clearly illegal rear wing.

be curious to see if its still on after the fia issued the ā€œrule clarificationā€
Mercedes does the same thing. DAS was illegal to the letter of the law too. Red Bull is getting too close so Mercedes has the FIA make the Red Bull illegal, so they get another easy title. Just like how the FIA changed the tires a couple years ago because Mercedes had a hard time with them.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Mercedes does the same thing. DAS was illegal to the letter of the law too. Red Bull is getting too close so Mercedes has the FIA make the Red Bull illegal, so they get another easy title. Just like how the FIA changed the tires a couple years ago because Mercedes had a hard time with them.
mercedes won the championship....why did they need the tires changed? That doesnt make sense.

das wasnt ruled illegal in 2020 despite the protest and they were allowed to finish the season with it -and without rule clarification. It was then banned explicitly the following season...:meaning they needed a new rule because no existing one was broken. thats not the same thing as gaining speed from a wing that flexes when it isnt supposed to, and why fia issued a rule clarification and said they will consider additional testing if they see evidence of flex. Thats why ill be curious to see if the bendy wing stays in place after the ā€œclarificationā€. What Horner did is effectively the aerodynamic version of what Ferrari did with fueling. He knows he used the letter of the law to undermine the spirit of the law, and as a guy who dies on every single fucking hill he can find over issues like that makes him look like a whiner.

dont get me wrong, im a McLaren guy, but Totoā€™s leadership is inspiring and the Mercedes team highly effective. Theyre stacked with championships for a reason and RBR is hiring as many of them as possible for a reason.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
You know Danny thinks Mercedes is the Empire and Lewis is Darth Vader lol:p

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mercedes won the championship....why did they need the tires changed? That doesnt make sense.

das wasnt ruled illegal in 2020 despite the protest and they were allowed to finish the season with it -and without rule clarification. It was then banned explicitly the following season...:meaning they needed a new rule because no existing one was broken. thats not the same thing as gaining speed from a wing that flexes when it isnt supposed to, and why fia issued a rule clarification and said they will consider additional testing if they see evidence of flex. Thats why ill be curious to see if the bendy wing stays in place after the ā€œclarificationā€. What Horner did is effectively the aerodynamic version of what Ferrari did with fueling. He knows he used the letter of the law to undermine the spirit of the law, and as a guy who dies on every single fucking hill he can find over issues like that makes him look like a whiner.

dont get me wrong, im a McLaren guy, but Totoā€™s leadership is inspiring and the Mercedes team highly effective. Theyre stacked with championships for a reason and RBR is hiring as many of them as possible for a reason.
A couple seasons ago, I forgot which one, the Mercedes was really hard on it's tires. And Mercedes suffered the most. Miraculously they were changed mid season, and Mercedes ran away with the season. Same thing will happen now with the "bendy" wing. Mercedes is getting threatened, so the FIA will step in and make sure that threat gets lessened.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
A couple seasons ago, I forgot which one, the Mercedes was really hard on it's tires. And Mercedes suffered the most. Miraculously they were changed mid season, and Mercedes ran away with the season. Same thing will happen now with the "bendy" wing. Mercedes is getting threatened, so the FIA will step in and make sure that threat gets lessened.
so mercedes has fia paid off to ensure their win, is what youre saying? Cā€™mon man!

The tire change had nothing to do with mercedes. Pirelli made changes between 2018 and 2019 seasons, as is not unusual, and the mid 2019 season protest for change was over using the same tire to start as was used in qualifying, mod season votes have to be unanimous to take effect, and it wasnt unanimous.

the other voted contest was about the thin gauge tire, and Ferrari and RBR lead the protest claiming mercedes had an unfair advantage. A vote was also held on that issue, and it wasnt supported in the vote. Mercedes, mclaren, williams, and racing point all voted against rbr and ferrari. The issue was the new tires were difficult to get up to temp....mercedes didnt have an issue because they got really really good at making a whole lot of down force -and doing it consistently- to keep pressure on the tires. The teams complained to pirelli during 2018 They were chewing up the tires too easily, but then developed cars with less downforce to suit the 2018 tire...and then didnt adjust when they realized pirelli actually responded to the feedback. Again, the change wasnt mid season it was interseason, and then the midseason protest was voted down by the teams and the 2019 tire stayed the 2019 tire. Ferrari fell of pace -not because of tires- but because they got caught feeding additional fuel above limits...when this was removed, they no longer had the power they did previously.

of course, if youve got something that points to something different, im all ears!

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so mercedes has fia paid off to ensure their win, is what youre saying? Cā€™mon man!

The tire change had nothing to do with mercedes. Pirelli made changes between 2018 and 2019 seasons, as is not unusual, and the mid 2019 season protest for change was over using the same tire to start as was used in qualifying, mod season votes have to be unanimous to take effect, and it wasnt unanimous.

the other voted contest was about the thin gauge tire, and Ferrari and RBR lead the protest claiming mercedes had an unfair advantage. A vote was also held on that issue, and it wasnt supported in the vote. Mercedes, mclaren, williams, and racing point all voted against rbr and ferrari. The issue was the new tires were difficult to get up to temp....mercedes didnt have an issue because they got really really good at making a whole lot of down force -and doing it consistently- to keep pressure on the tires. The teams complained to pirelli during 2018 They were chewing up the tires too easily, but then developed cars with less downforce to suit the 2018 tire...and then didnt adjust when they realized pirelli actually responded to the feedback. Again, the change wasnt mid season it was interseason, and then the midseason protest was voted down by the teams and the 2019 tire stayed the 2019 tire. Ferrari fell of pace -not because of tires- but because they got caught feeding additional fuel above limits...when this was removed, they no longer had the power they did previously.

of course, if youve got something that points to something different, im all ears!
Here you go, mid season changes to benefit Mercedes.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/05/10/vettel-pirelli-tyre-change-due-to-mercedes-and-red-bull/

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
uh...im going to need a little more than one washed up driver from one team complaining on pure speculation that a tire change happened to suit the two teams that were kicking his ass.

thanks for the link though. I wasnt aware of a 2018 change of any kind tbh. Kind of ironic though, he bitched about the tires then, and then voted to go back to them in 2019...when he was getting his ass kicked again. Lol

this link came from an embed in your article:

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/07/incredible-f1-lap-times-prompt-pirelli-change-tread-depths/
Sponsored