2021 Toyota Supra meets the BMW M2 CS: the Mk4's real successor | Jason Cammisa on the Icons Ep. 01

th365thli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but people seem to overlook the cost difference. When I was shopping most new M2 CS's were a good $30K more than the Supra and even more than a pretty well loaded C8 Corvette. Didn't make any sense to me from a price standpoint and really not a good comparison. Your looking at a used M2 (non CS) at that point compared to a pretty loaded 3.0 Supra new.
Exactly. In the same reddit thread someone mentioned the cost difference he replied "Well you can get a used m2c....." and at that point I completely disregarded his opinion because if we're just arbitrarily moving goal posts then whatever.
Sponsored

th365thli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ram 1500
How is your Ram 1500 holding up?
*knock on wood* Great. Bought it used with 30k miles and I have 66k on it now. So far no issues besides minor infotainment glitches once in a blue moon.

I lurk on here because I'm trying to score an A90 January of next year.......hope to be able to join the ranks soon.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
This happens when you have a killer team with great quality on the production side, you can say whatever you want and it will sound truthful and convincing, even when he is full of BS.

Again, he should've tested at least a 500 whp MKV vs the modified MKIV. And the M2 ? hell no, I think the M4 is the best match, starting by the fact that the MKIV wasn't a sports car, it's a heavy GT car.

Anyway, great production, clueless host.

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but people seem to overlook the cost difference. When I was shopping most new M2 CS's were a good $30K more than the Supra and even more than a pretty well loaded C8 Corvette. Didn't make any sense to me from a price standpoint and really not a good comparison. Your looking at a used M2 (non CS) at that point compared to a pretty loaded 3.0 Supra new.
I think you hit on the real problem with his comparison. If price isn't a consideration, why stop at the M2? There are two seats cars out there that cost well over a half million and can 0-60 in sub 3 seconds. But who cares? How would the Supra compete if someone knowledgable were allowed $30K to modify it? Again, who cares? The Supra trounces a lot cars costing a lot more and leaves it's price-peers in the dust. If there is an exception to that, there is the fodder for a video. Otherwise, it leaves me with the sudden urge to stand up and say, "Objection - irrelevant."

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Who cares about some clapped out toyota. The family tree is obvious, it would have been better to compare these two instead.
C44E9860-D5E6-4A0A-B588-DFCC139FADE9.jpeg
A4BB7540-6400-43E9-B28A-76BBA0E59E74.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk