The Supra vs Z4!

Which one are you interested in purchasing?

• Total voters

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
It's supposed to be a cruiser. Poor Z5. It wasn't meant for the track.
If you want affordable speed that still hits the Supra hard, say M2 or SS 1LE.
Anybody think the Supra might get a targa?
Sponsored

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
We are already nearing the launch of the production version of the all-new BMW Z4 and the eagerly anticipated return of the legendary Toyota Supra. Design wise, Toyota and BMW have gone their own direction. In terms of engineering, this is where most of the shared components are visible. We have yet to hear confirmation from Toyota what modifications it did to their new baby. Interior design materials, buttons, knobs, shifters, are borrowed from BMW; but they had it the Japanese way, still applied their own philosophy. I believe what Toyota has modified can hardly be seen, but can just be felt when when already driving the car itself. Toyota’s contribution and effort to the Supra is not about what can be seen; but rather about performance, handling, and feel. When it comes to BMW’s new roadster, it is 100% German, as compared to Toyota’s coupé which is a mix breed of Japanese and German.

https://www.motor1.com/news/238855/2019-toyota-supra-interior-spied/

https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-supra-v-bmw-z4-whats-different-111512/

Last edited:

mnpunk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2014 FRS, 2014 GTR, 02 M3
Read more, type less.

This thread can wait until we have factual information to compare between both cars.

You're young. Read through the wealth of knowledge. Ask questions from the people that know more. You are straight up spamming at this point. Just because you watch Top Gear and read Jalopnik and use words like carbon fiber does not make you an expert.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
We already have a Z4 vs Supra thread, and the Z4 will be on its 3rd gen, not 6th..

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
One online publicatioin (C&D?) mentioned there was only 6 common parts between the Z4 and A90 (engine, trans, mirrors, doorhandles +2 more)

Obviously they're 'grouped' into major components (generally speaking, an engine is more than one part :p)

Mr A70, et al, is this something you can add any more credence too?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
One online publicatioin (C&D?) mentioned there was only 6 common parts between the Z4 and A90 (engine, trans, mirrors, doorhandles +2 more)

Obviously they're 'grouped' into major components (generally speaking, an engine is more than one part :p)

Mr A70, et al, is this something you can add any more credence too?
They should’ve said.. all components minus the sheet metal.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
At this point,we know the Zed4 will be going for the 718 Boxster and that the Supra wants the Cayman, but which will have more luck?

toyota_gr_supra_97_04a503d404ff0368.jpg

(I really wanted to use this render again)
PicsArt_08-27-04.15.42.jpg

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
I think none! Porsche is Porsche. People spend 60k on 250hp Macans cos of the logo. A lot of people willing to buy a Porsche won't look at the Supra just cos of the badge.

I may be the opposite though. I had intended on purchasing a 981 Cayman S before the Supra got released. I've driven a few Porsche cars on track and they are amazing. But I'm willing to wait until I see a phantom matte gray in person before pulling the trigger.