2021 Value?

Huckleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4MC
I just placed an order on a Lotus Emira (actually just bought a spot in line), which is a "sort of order" I guess.

Since I live in the frozen tundra, my 2021 Supra 3.0 is going to be in the garage all winter and depreciating I guess??? Scratching my head about considering a sale yet this fall/winter, or wait until next spring which I think is emotionally a better car selling time of year, but will that be offset by the perceived loss in value as my car "ages" and 2022's hit the streets.

Any thoughts on best timing?
20210725_134612.jpg
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
jim-kramer.gif

OP
OP

Huckleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4MC
Yeah, I guess that is a no-brainer, but the other "hidden variable" is that the Lotus delivery is a tad up in the air so don't want to see next spring with no Lotus in sight and no Supra in the garage.

Hmmmm.....first world problems

So, maybe I'll try the selling option now - I see a "send me an offer" ad on the classifieds, but I don't like that approach. Think $56K is reasonable? Very stock car, 2500 ish miles, pristine. About $5k in mods (mostly wheels and tires) and a few carbon bits.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Yea you're 100% going to be without sports car for a while so you have to balance if the potential loss in depreciation is worth going without.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I guess that is a no-brainer, but the other "hidden variable" is that the Lotus delivery is a tad up in the air so don't want to see next spring with no Lotus in sight and no Supra in the garage.

So, maybe I'll try the selling option now - I see a "send me an offer" ad on the classifieds, but I don't like that approach. Think $56K is reasonable? Very stock car, 2500 ish miles, pristine. About $5k in mods (mostly wheels and tires) and a few carbon bits.
What state are you located in? If you do decide to sell I may be interested granted it's a 3.0 premium

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
sell it before the 400z hits the streets

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor

list it for $56k. I would also get offers from vroom, etc and see how close they are.

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
Im holding out till 4cyl AMG turbo comes out :)

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
list it for $56k. I would also get offers from vroom, etc and see how close they are.
I feel like vroom is honestly crap. They lowballed the fuck out of my 3.0 with an offer of 38k and I was just curious with no intention to sell.

OP
OP

Huckleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4MC
What state are you located in? If you do decide to sell I may be interested granted it's a 3.0 premium
Black Hills of SD

Yes, 3.0 premium, Apex wheels, Michelins (have originals as well), carbon mirrors, carbon hood vents, carbon dash bit on passenger side, amp and 12" sub, easily removed to stock if you're not into that sort of thing. No burnouts, never launched, no tracking or drag races. Just driven on winding BH twisties. Oil changed at 1000 miles, never low. Perfect car.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra