Octane

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Talked to 2 different dealers on the phone today, neither have heard anything about the red interior, nor have a firm date when the 22's will be available. Even emailed Toyota of America when I was bored, got a reply saying "We have no information on the upcoming 2022 Toyota Supra"

Is this common practice for Toyotas? When I bought my M4 a few years back, the dealers were on top of everything. They had build sheets with all the options, months before the car hit the lots for the first time.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Talked to 2 different dealers on the phone today, neither have heard anything about the red interior, nor have a firm date when the 22's will be available. Even emailed Toyota of America when I was bored, got a reply saying "We have no information on the upcoming 2022 Toyota Supra"

Is this common practice for Toyotas? When I bought my M4 a few years back, the dealers were on top of everything. They had build sheets with all the options, months before the car hit the lots for the first time.
"idk kid, but I nice a great Corolla in stock. Good milage, cold AC, what else could you ask for."

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
"idk kid, but I nice a great Corolla in stock. Good milage, cold AC, what else could you ask for."
That’s honestly how it is lol. “We don’t have a Supra in stock, but we did just get this Toyota Camry TRD edition. It’s extremely sporty”

-_-

Reactions: zrk

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
That’s honestly how it is lol. “We don’t have a Supra in stock, but we did just get this Toyota Camry TRD edition. It’s extremely sporty”

-_-
They sure are slow. I signed up for updates for the GR86 and have gotten exactly 1. Rumor is it won’t be available until the end of the year. The 2022 Supra was supposed to be available this summer. With the ongoing chip shortage, it may be a while. I have a feeling if I want one I may have to settle for whatever color is available at the time.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Appears you can only opt for the red leather interior with the Phantom exterior color?!? Perhaps that’s a CA 3.0 cars only? ?
~ still defaults to the Phantom exterior color when opting for the red leather as you continue your build.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not in my experience, but the guy I've bought my current Toyota vehicles from at the local dealership hustles. He's great. Can't say I've ever reached out to Toyota corporate with questions like this, though.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

-_-
Honestly, though, don't shit on the Camry. The TRD spec is kinda dope if I was in the market for a family car. If I didn't have the Model 3 and the Subie.. That'd be the family car.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
~ still defaults to the Phantom exterior color when opting for the red leather as you continue your build.
If you have to pay US $1495 for the Phantom, why is it only available on the 3.0 Premium? So it can be exclusive?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
If you have to pay US $1495 for the Phantom, why is it only available on the 3.0 Premium? So it can be exclusive?
Probably so. Building a sense of exclusivity is often a marketing fundamental and the lure for conspicuous consumption.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0

-_-
Then optioned out to be as much as a Supra basically lol. Ok guys, makes sense! They had a TRD at the dealer where I got mine and it was like over 50k, LOL!

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
If you live in the US, I wouldn't use the Canadian website as a reference. For 2021 there were several differences between Canadian and US trims/packages and standard equipment.

glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase

I agree. BMW dealers seemingly are used to people inquiring unreleased product; where Japanese and Korean brands act like I’m weird for discussing anything not already available to buy.