2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

derocknc

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50, 2018 Audi A4
Toyota North Charlotte wanted $25k markup on that A91. I talked to them a few weeks ago and it was available then but I told them they were insane with that markup.
This is the car I was posting about that wanted to fully sell me the car before it got here. Maybe the guy didn't understand my question correctly about MSRP but I asked him "why is the MSRP crossed off on the website?" and he said "that's just like that because we often have lower than MSRP". I never went through paperwork because I felt like their buying process was a little weird/something I haven't heard of so I'm not sure if this was a junior salesperson that was unaware that the car shouldn't be sold at MSRP.

That's good to know, though. No way in hell I'd pay close to that.
Sponsored

ThxAlotObama

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Allocated A91-MT Burnout
Spoke to my dealer today (Town and Country Toyota S. Blvd) and car is now showing 8 days out... with +1-2 days for dealer clean up.

BottomGear

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, C43, A4, Jeep TJ
Does anybody else's status show "railhead arrival complete" or "under open campaign"? Have been waiting on word that my A91-MT has arrived at port, but my dealer does not seem to know and is saying they are only showing those statuses.

derocknc

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50, 2018 Audi A4
Spoke to my dealer today (Town and Country Toyota S. Blvd) and car is now showing 8 days out... with +1-2 days for dealer clean up.
You mind saying how much you paid over MSRP? I'm in Charlotte as well. I'd be okay with paying some of the BS dealer addons for a few extra K but not much more.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
This is the car I was posting about that wanted to fully sell me the car before it got here. Maybe the guy didn't understand my question correctly about MSRP but I asked him "why is the MSRP crossed off on the website?" and he said "that's just like that because we often have lower than MSRP". I never went through paperwork because I felt like their buying process was a little weird/something I haven't heard of so I'm not sure if this was a junior salesperson that was unaware that the car shouldn't be sold at MSRP.

That's good to know, though. No way in hell I'd pay close to that.
These guys are shady. They don't like to tell you the actual price until very late in the process (back in finance room). I had to squeeze it out of the guy. He even admitted he wasn't supposed to tell me the markup. I won't ever be doing business with them.

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
Does anybody else's status show "railhead arrival complete" or "under open campaign"? Have been waiting on word that my A91-MT has arrived at port, but my dealer does not seem to know and is saying they are only showing those statuses.
There most likely a QC hold on it for several reasons. One of the dealers that has an allocation has an A91-MT on QC hold for missing parts.

Ask them for a screenshot of the pipeline activity. This is what mine currently looks like. Currently have two allocations and will see whichever one arrives first. The one at port is on a QC hold and another isn't held, but also hasn't arrived at port yet.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.04.52 PM.png

BottomGear

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, C43, A4, Jeep TJ
There most likely a QC hold on it for several reasons. One of the dealers that has an allocation has an A91-MT on QC hold for missing parts.

Ask them for a screenshot of the pipeline activity. This is what mine currently looks like. Currently have two allocations and will see whichever one arrives first. The one at port is on a QC hold and another isn't held, but also hasn't arrived at port yet.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.04.52 PM.png
Sadly I'm in Texas and they don't use the Toyota Project ETA tracking system that the west coast gets (I see you are in CA), so they don't get the clean tracking details above. It's a hot mess over here. My dealer didn't even know if it got to port yet, but it is at "railhead arrival complete" which means it has to be in the US waiting for a truck (from what I can tell based on Toyota's tracking system).

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
Sadly I'm in Texas and they don't use the Toyota Project ETA tracking system that the west coast gets (I see you are in CA), so they don't get the clean tracking details above. It's a hot mess over here. My dealer didn't even know if it got to port yet, but it is at "railhead arrival complete" which means it has to be in the US waiting for a truck (from what I can tell based on Toyota's tracking system).
Oh wow, I would've thought ever dealer used it - that sucks. Well FWIW, it truly might be a QC Hold at the port. A lot of Supras are getting QC held.

ThxAlotObama

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Allocated A91-MT Burnout
You mind saying how much you paid over MSRP? I'm in Charlotte as well. I'd be okay with paying some of the BS dealer addons for a few extra K but not much more.
I don't mind nor care. $2500 over... total out the door is $70,006 There's a few options added over the base MSRP of $62,5xx. Things like window tint, PPF, and some extra warranty crap that I'm sure I'll void.

They did originally want $77K but I told them they are never gonna get that and come back with a better number, I'm ready to buy it now. But after readying what some have paid... I feel good about it and that is what really matters.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Same. I think they generally come out around the 1st and 15th.

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later
ETA 6-8 weeks, got a call from my dealer yesterday. It's on the vessel and they will call me back with a VIN # soon. Copper Gray A91-MT :) 3500 mark up.

Drew25

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
ETA 6-8 weeks, got a call from my dealer yesterday. It's on the vessel and they will call me back with a VIN # soon. Copper Gray A91-MT :) 3500 mark up.
lol i believe its CU latter gray but whatever you feel like i guess.
Whats your location if you don’t mind me asking. Im hoping to get mine soon too

Last edited:

Prado150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GX460, Tundra…. A91-MT
lol i believe its CU latter gray but whatever you feel like i guess.
FYI "Cu" is the abbreviation for Copper on the periodic table which I believe why some are referring to it as Copper Gray.
Sponsored