2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

PrincipleZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 white MT
Dealership in the south burbs of Chicago are getting a CU Later Gray A91 in October that isn't claimed. But there will definitely be a markup. (They had a $5k markup on a 3.0 premium, guessing it'll be closer to $10k markup on the A91-CF edition.)
Called them and it's over 20k lol
Sponsored

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Not a manual, but Szott M59 in Michigan has a 2022 phantom grey + red interior auto that is available for MSRP. I don't think its listed on their website, but ask for Lenny if ur interested!

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Reading this thread, I'm wondering how many of you yahoos work for Toyota and hyping this shit up? "get it while you can, before it goes to $20k markup. $10k markup is a steal" type of talk

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Reading this thread, I'm wondering how many of you yahoos work for Toyota and hyping this shit up? "get it while you can, before it goes to $20k markup. $10k markup is a steal" type of talk
We should really try as a car community to boycott these ridiculous ADMs.

The harsh reality is that dealerships know someone out there with more money than common sense will pay it.

-RJM

Mhj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rav4

The harsh reality is that dealerships know someone out there with more money than common sense will pay it.

-RJM
I agree. I blame the consumers willing to pay these insane prices over the dealers charging them. Stop paying and they'll stop asking.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I agree. I blame the consumers willing to pay these insane prices over the dealers charging them. Stop paying and they'll stop asking.
Unfortunately the forces that drive those prices upward are what's called supply and demand. Basically Toyota has all the data and have us by the balls

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R

-RJM
Oh get over it people. Itā€™s got nothing to do with common sense, if someone has the ability to pay more for what they want, more power to them. If that makes it harder for the next guy to get what he wants, well then that guy just needs work harder, or find another way. Itā€™s supply and demand. Donā€™t hate on someone cuz they can afford to do things others canā€™t. Live and let live sheesh.

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TOYOTA
i hope market normalizes and all these cool guys that paid 10, 20k mark ups just get HOSED while ppl buy new for below msrp

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Oh get over it people. Itā€™s got nothing to do with common sense, if someone has the ability to pay more for what they want, more power to them. If that makes it harder for the next guy to get what he wants, well then that guy just needs work harder, or find another way. Itā€™s supply and demand. Donā€™t hate on someone cuz they can afford to do things others canā€™t. Live and let live sheesh.
Beyond the supply - demand lecture- its also the dealers screwing their base customers and the makers inability or desire to control pricing of what they build. Add idiotic press hype about manuals and you get Tulip Bulb idiocy over a mass produced car. This is entertaining to see auto narcissists compete for something as if itā€™s a Bugatti lol.
I donā€™t sense hate at all. I sense disappointment in one who can pay the listed price. Again the core customer that appears to not matter currently, and suffers the idiocy of the Corporate press releases who say that they do matter.
Over paying is not a way to stay financially sound either. Smart money never does. Itā€™s not hate but laughter at the idiots who do lol! As if this one manual car is so world changing LOL. Thanks for Econ 101 Basics refresh LOL - Feel better???

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Sounds awesome. Can't wait till they start doing that with water, electrcity, food and rent, etc. šŸ™„

Mhj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rav4
I'm not sure why that's so controversial. Yes there's a limited supply but no it doesn't justify 30k over msrp. If someone can afford it, that's great but they shouldn't have to pay this ridiculous amount. If they do, it's only reinforcing this price gouging behavior. The fact that Toyota is letting them get away with it is very disappointing. I'm now considering changing brands all together because of this nonsense.

Not that it's important, but yes I can afford any of these prices they are asking but I will absolutely not, on principle, let these dealers screw me over.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I'm not sure why that's so controversial. Yes there's a limited supply but no it doesn't justify 30k over msrp. If someone can afford it, that's great but they shouldn't have to pay this ridiculous amount. If they do, it's only reinforcing this price gouging behavior. The fact that Toyota is letting them get away with it is very disappointing. I'm now considering changing brands all together because of this nonsense.

Not that it's important, but yes I can afford any of these prices they are asking but I will absolutely not, on principle, let these dealers screw me over.
Exactly, I can afford the $10K, $20K, $30 mark ups. But that doesnā€™t mean I will pay it.

Iā€™ve purchased several new cars and never paid MSRP, its always been less. My 2021 tunable 6-port had an MSRP of $57k, I only paid $49K for it.

Yes I know it was a different market then. The point is to be more savy with our hard earned money.

-RJM

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
Sounds awesome. Can't wait till they start doing that with water, electrcity, food and rent, etc. šŸ™„
ā€œBetter to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm itā€ Lincoln
Sponsored