2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Fair enough. Still sleazy to me though :). I replied that I am in touch with dozens of dealers across the country (which I am) and if she gets an allocation for any 6MT I am interested. My only criteria is no yellow. (Sorry yellow owners, the color is stunning but not for me.) I also really want driver assist but it looks to me like all the 6MTs have it. Her response back was "Sounds good, thanks".
I'm in the exact opposite position from you, my preference is ONLY for yellow MT 3.0 Prem with driver assist and no other port addons. I'm basically looking for an unpopular color of a popular transmission of apparently an even more popular car in a region where this color is looked down on. I've also been told by a few dealers that the region I am in is "not preferential" for Supras... meaning, the coasts and other regions will get far more allocations sooner than the backwoods flyover region I'm in.

I figure I'll get my allocation somewhere between never and spring next year. I've seen a few MT yellows elsewhere in the country, but I'm waiting to pay no markup at the dealer who has my deposit, and I'm not keen on buying out of state and having the transport costs as well.
Sponsored

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
I'm in the exact opposite position from you, my preference is ONLY for yellow MT 3.0 Prem with driver assist and no other port addons. I'm basically looking for an unpopular color of a popular transmission of apparently an even more popular car

I figure I'll get my allocation somewhere between never and spring next year.
i feel like most people I talk to want a yellow manual. it seems to be one of the most desirable combos lol

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
i feel like most people I talk to want a yellow manual. it seems to be one of the most desirable combos lol
I was speaking more about the color yellow in my region in general. I've had three local dealers all basically tell me "yellow is a hard sell here" and one dealer even tried to convince me to abandon yellow in favor of another color. All three dealers have called me offering various 2022's in every color of the rainbow except yellow but I'm waiting for a 23 manual.

One local dealer had a 22 yellow base on their lot for more than six months this year. It didn't help that they had it marked up into space and drug through the dock installed options catalog from front to back.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
I was speaking more about the color yellow in my region in general. I've had three local dealers all basically tell me "yellow is a hard sell here" and one dealer even tried to convince me to abandon yellow in favor of another color. All three dealers have called me offering various 2022's in every color of the rainbow except yellow but I'm waiting for a 23 manual.

One local dealer had a 22 yellow base on their lot for more than six months this year. It didn't help that they had it marked up into space and drug through the dock installed options catalog from front to back.
That's interesting since yellow will usually fly immediately unless there's a sizable markup on it like your mentioned with that one local dealer. But I am mostly seeing white/black/blue nearby whenever a dealer gets an allocation

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
That's interesting since yellow will usually fly immediately unless there's a sizable markup on it like your mentioned with that one local dealer. But I am mostly seeing white/black/blue nearby whenever a dealer gets an allocation
If you just sit and watch traffic something like 80% of the cars on the road here near me are either white, black, gray (or a various metallic shade), blue, or red. Every now and then you see a green car. But that four post bed of white / black / red / blue seems to be 99% of the cars in this town, which would lead me (and most likely the Toyota allocation system) to sell those colors first and foremost.

Which is a big reason I want the yellow. Not only do the lines on the Supra pop better with such a vibrant color, your car instantly stands out on a road filled with bland. If I'm going to buy a needle in a haystack, I want that needle to be as obvious as possible.

Plus I currently drive a silver car and I swear people look right through me on the road. I'd rather be a cop magnet than the invisible sports car constantly getting no blink merged into.

derocknc

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50, 2018 Audi A4
I totally get that sentiment. Both of my cars are gray and I definitely feel like Edward Norton before he meets Tyler Durden in fight club. Just a boring yuppy. On the other hand, and this is just my opinion, the MKV Supra design is so striking that it will turn heads no matter the color. So, even though I like the yellow, it draws even MORE attention, which is just not for me. I'm looking for a CU Later or Stratosphere Blue.

I also have not seen the yellow in person so that could make a difference. I'd love to see a nice green version of this car.

Reactions: JTN

Grubb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT (Jan/2023)
My color preference was easy. Told the dealer to call me with any MT and I would let him know. Ended up with a Absolute Zero which was one of my favorite colors.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I also have not seen the yellow in person so that could make a difference. I'd love to see a nice green version of this car.
I wasn't sold on yellow until I saw one in person. Folks always say the Supra "looks better in person" and I think that goes for the yellow as well. I've seen just about every color of Supra in person except the A91 light blue and the new A91-MT colors, and to me the yellow is the one to have.

But I have a thing for bright colors on certain cars. Not every car can pull off a hot color or one of the nuclear meltdown colors the old Dodge cars had back in the 70s.

If I had to choose a color the Supra is not available in that I'd like to see I'd also pick green, but I'd want something bright that pops and not a hunter or British racing green.

ptshotsun

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LS460, incoming 2023 3.0 MT supra
My color preference was easy. Told the dealer to call me with any MT and I would let him know. Ended up with a Absolute Zero which was one of my favorite colors.
Also love absolute zero, waiting for my allocation to pop in from FL.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I was thinking earlier that ordering a Strat Blue MT would be my best option, but the sit seems to indicate that color is already "out of stock"

According to the build configurator, Red and Yellow are the only colors available right now.

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander
I was thinking earlier that ordering a Strat Blue MT would be my best option, but the sit seems to indicate that color is already "out of stock"

According to the build configurator, Red and Yellow are the only colors available right now.
I don't think the configurator has any real info on what is available. Also, when I look at it, Red, White, Blue, Black, and Yellow are all listed.