2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander
Got in line for a 23 manual in Zero... still hunting for a burnout a91.

When using the locator, I noticed Toyota is no longer has any Absolute Zero and Nocturnal builds for 2023!
bw2023soldout.jpg
See my earlier post, there was one available a few days ago.
Sponsored

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Got in line for a 23 manual in Zero... still hunting for a burnout a91.

When using the locator, I noticed Toyota is no longer has any Absolute Zero and Nocturnal builds for 2023!
bw2023soldout.jpg
That would be a shame if they stop make of the nocturnal, guess I will have to wait for 2024 or someone to trade one in.

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander
Wrong, just wrong, when I called them out for telling me they could order me one:

1668447001697.png

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Wrong, just wrong, when I called them out for telling me they could order me one:

1668447001697.png
I think car salespeople, like a LOT of salespeople, are too used to their potential customers being rubes or uninformed. They expect them to basically be marks to be taken, rather than customers to be satisfied... and that breeds a degree of contempt in some salespeople. They feel they can say anything or make up stuff on the spot to give them the appearance of being knowledgeable or capable.

I've always sort of treated car salesmen as more or less con artists until I feel they've demonstrated enough knowledge of their product and their system (corroborated by research I've done beforehand) to be trusted. While I've been shopping around for my Supra I've been in contact with almost a dozen dealers in my immediate area, and I was kind of shocked how overtly shifty and duplicitous many of them came off.

Which is why when I found the dealer I'm working with, and they seemed positively relaxed and affirmative of what my research was telling me, I've stuck with them... and sure enough they've come through and got my allocation on the terms I wanted. To go all spy movie, they knew that I knew that they knew that I knew how things "worked", and they are open and honest with me and put everything in writing and have been updating me at all the steps along the way. This is the first time in a while I feel like a car dealer is actually "facilitating" me getting a car instead of it being a state of me vs. them.

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander
I think car salespeople, like a LOT of salespeople, are too used to their potential customers being rubes or uninformed. They expect them to basically be marks to be taken, rather than customers to be satisfied... and that breeds a degree of contempt in some salespeople. They feel they can say anything or make up stuff on the spot to give them the appearance of being knowledgeable or capable.

I've always sort of treated car salesmen as more or less con artists until I feel they've demonstrated enough knowledge of their product and their system (corroborated by research I've done beforehand) to be trusted. While I've been shopping around for my Supra I've been in contact with almost a dozen dealers in my immediate area, and I was kind of shocked how overtly shifty and duplicitous many of them came off.

Which is why when I found the dealer I'm working with, and they seemed positively relaxed and affirmative of what my research was telling me, I've stuck with them... and sure enough they've come through and got my allocation on the terms I wanted. To go all spy movie, they knew that I knew that they knew that I knew how things "worked", and they are open and honest with me and put everything in writing and have been updating me at all the steps along the way. This is the first time in a while I feel like a car dealer is actually "facilitating" me getting a car instead of it being a state of me vs. them.
Totally agree! So - will your dealer sell out of state, I will call them :)

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Totally agree! So - will your dealer sell out of state, I will call them :)
They might -now-, but up until very recently they had a notice on their website saying something to the effect of "local sales only".

I should also probably mention that the dealer I'm working with primarily sells trucks. They are a "country" dealer who is located in a very rural area, and the vast majority of their business is Tacomas, Tundras, etc. My salesperson has told me on several occasions this will be this dealership's "first Supra" and part of me is a little trepidatious about that mostly because I'm unsure if they have adequate Supra certified folks on staff or not. They've told me they have two techs who went to the Supra training, but I can't shake the feeling that when my car finally shows up next year they're probably going to be opening tools they've never used before and flipping through a service guide they've never opened since their "training".

Edit: I do know another nitro yellow manual is supposed to be showing up at another local dealer around the same time, but from what I saw it was dragged through the port options and the dealer who is supposed to be getting it was one of the ADM dealers here.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
What's funny is if I use True Car or Cars.com to search for 2023 Supras near me, they both come up nada. But if you go to Toyota's website and search for 2023's available near me it shows over a dozen headed in, what dealers they are going to, and where in the delivery process they are. My allocation is even shown there as well.

If Toyota's website is to be believed, then Saint Louis area dealers are slated to get 11 Supras... 5 of which are A91-MT's.

cbring

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91 Cu Later
Are these the only ones left that haven't pre-sold or sold out of the 500? It's hard to believe all 500 sold already...
I check about twice a week.. just for kicks. At one point, within the last ten days, there were about 14-15 mostly burnouts. Now it's like 7 remaining.. some of those might already be sold

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93.5 MKIV Supra TT 6spd, 23 A91-MT CUL
I check about twice a week.. just for kicks. At one point, within the last ten days, there were about 14-15 mostly burnouts. Now it's like 7 remaining.. some of those might already be sold
Before I secured one (A91-MT CU) just recently I was checking every day, lol. Now it seems to be slim pickings on the west coast. They are either sold or pre-sold.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Finally got word on my allocation for a non-A91 MT Supra. I switched my Auto allocation to a manual as soon as they were available.

Longo Toyota in El Monte, CA
Premium 3.0 MT in Absolute Zero
$58,050 for MSRP + driver assist package + dealer fees

Build date: 10/4
Estimated to arrive 11/29
Estimated processing 12/13

Christmas gift to myself I guess haha

when did you place your deposit? they're not taking any last i checked 2 weeks ago
Sponsored