Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I like it. I already enjoyed the m340i so the nose change looks good

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I like the idea of the m340i. B58+ZF8+4 doors seems like a nice replacement if I wanted to trade my GTI+Supra into one car.

Iā€™m ok with the large curved screens (would get used to the climate control, Iā€™m sure) and no shift knob.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a good for ticking a lot of boxes in terms of practicality and performance.

My gripe is that Iā€™ve always felt like the mid tier 3 doesnā€™t have the enthusiast following until itā€™s a generation or two old. And even then, it lives in the shadow of the M3 instead of alongside it.

Making things worse, thereā€™s a certain crowd that likes to pick up mid (and base) 3s and plaster M things all over it. Iā€™m ok with the m340i badge, but now we have the OEM putting out M-only badges on the fenders of the mid tier 3.

I feel like I have to get an M3 if I want the enthusiast experience in a 3-series. Open to other opinions that will change my mind. Iā€™ve been trying to convince myself otherwise since before I bought the Supra.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I like the idea of the m340i. B58+ZF8+4 doors seems like a nice replacement if I wanted to trade my GTI+Supra into one car.

Iā€™m ok with the large curved screens (would get used to the climate control, Iā€™m sure) and no shift knob.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a good for ticking a lot of boxes in terms of practicality and performance.

My gripe is that Iā€™ve always felt like the mid tier 3 doesnā€™t have the enthusiast following until itā€™s a generation or two old. And even then, it lives in the shadow of the M3 instead of alongside it.

Making things worse, thereā€™s a certain crowd that likes to pick up mid (and base) 3s and plaster M things all over it. Iā€™m ok with the m340i badge, but now we have the OEM putting out M-only badges on the fenders of the mid tier 3.

I feel like I have to get an M3 if I want the enthusiast experience in a 3-series. Open to other opinions that will change my mind. Iā€™ve been trying to convince myself otherwise since before I bought the Supra.

There definitely are those that overplay the use of the M badge, but it's kind of like Audi S models compared to RS models. The M340i is stout and I'm curious about the edition of the 48V mild hybrid system along with the optional carbon fiber roof. I'm also fine with the large curved screen...I like technology.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
There definitely are those that overplay the use of the M badge, but it's kind of like Audi S models compared to RS models. The M340i is stout and I'm curious about the edition of the 48V mild hybrid system along with the optional carbon fiber roof. I'm also fine with the large curved screen...I like technology.
I think theyā€™ve had the mild hybrid addition for a couple of years now. Iā€™m curious how close it gets to M3 pricing the CF roof and other sporty options.

Iā€™m aware of how it compares to the Audi trim lineup, but even in Audiā€™s side recently, I feel like the the S models are more of a slightly upgraded base model vs. a more accessible top tier model. Look at the S3. The golf R gets the new diff in the RS3, but the S3 doesnā€™t. Why buy the S3 unless you just want to try and look the part?

Status
Not open for further replies.