James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra
Hey guys

Long time listener first time caller, the info on this forum has been valuable

Not many GR Supras here in New Zealand, maybe ?40

Anyway, the fitment on these cars from whats happening in the US has been quite insane to watch

I got some Koya SF10 wheels in Audi R8 fitment with the following specs

Front 20x9 ET24, Tires are Pirelli P Zero 245/30 ZR20

Rear 20x11 ET26 305/30 ZR20, Tires are Pirelli P Zero

I live miles out from a shop and don't have any tools at home by myself. Car is stock standard (not lowered).

Does anyone know if this will cause any issues with rubbing? I have seen lots of guys running 305s and 11s on the back, but no one seems to talk about offset specs
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I don’t think the rears will fit but I hope I am wrong. I think you need something like an ET40 or so.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
The rear will be fine as far as rubbing is concerned in my opinion. Going from stock (40mm offset) to a 26mm offset is going to push the tire outward from stock much more than the extra inch wheel size you are gaining from wheel width over stock.

I don't know how much it will stick out, but currently I have stock wheels with a 10mm spacer which equates to a 30mm offset and there is still plenty of space. The most I've seen in person is about 15mm offset (ET25) and that was pretty damn flush on lowered coilovers. Granted, that was with stock wheels so there's most likely going to be some additional wheel sticking out if you go with 20x11, but not much.

As for the front wheels, you are fine with ET24. The stock wheels are 19x9 with a 32mm offset. Most non-stock wheels you will see on here have a fitment closer to 22mm-24mm offset.

I can't speak for how much risk there is for rubbing going up to 20" wheels, but I think there are quite a few people that have done that with no issues.

https://futureclassic.us/collections/toyota/products/future-classic-mkv-supra-5x112-wheel-spacer-kit

Take a look at the red car. That's a stock suspension/coilovers with increased offset of 12mm (ET20) in the front and 15mm (ET25) in the rear.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Hey guys

Long time listener first time caller, the info on this forum has been valuable

Not many GR Supras here in New Zealand, maybe ?40

Anyway, the fitment on these cars from whats happening in the US has been quite insane to watch

I got some Koya SF10 wheels in Audi R8 fitment with the following specs

Front 20x9 ET24, Tires are Pirelli P Zero 245/30 ZR20

Rear 20x11 ET26 305/30 ZR20, Tires are Pirelli P Zero

I live miles out from a shop and don't have any tools at home by myself. Car is stock standard (not lowered).

Does anyone know if this will cause any issues with rubbing? I have seen lots of guys running 305s and 11s on the back, but no one seems to talk about offset specs
Google Wheel offset calculator. I think it's the 1010tires one. You put the values in for the original set, and what the new ones will be, and it will give you exactly what your poke will be. I've been using it for selecting new wheels. I plan on ordering custom offsets.

OP
OP

carnetics

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra
Google Wheel offset calculator. I think it's the 1010tires one. You put the values in for the original set, and what the new ones will be, and it will give you exactly what your poke will be. I've been using it for selecting new wheels. I plan on ordering custom offsets.
Thanks I've used it and its 19mm extra poke. I've mocked it up with some cardboard, looks like it might just work...

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Thanks I've used it and its 19mm extra poke. I've mocked it up with some cardboard, looks like it might just work...
One thing I'm confused about is when the car gets lowered, do the wheels suck in a bit on the supra? I had a flush fitment on my 370z, and after I lowered it I needed a 15mm spacer to make it flush again. Something to ponder.

OP
OP

carnetics

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra
The rear will be fine as far as rubbing is concerned in my opinion. Going from stock (40mm offset) to a 26mm offset is going to push the tire outward from stock much more than the extra inch wheel size you are gaining from wheel width over stock.

I don't know how much it will stick out, but currently I have stock wheels with a 10mm spacer which equates to a 30mm offset and there is still plenty of space. The most I've seen in person is about 15mm offset (ET25) and that was pretty damn flush on lowered coilovers. Granted, that was with stock wheels so there's most likely going to be some additional wheel sticking out if you go with 20x11, but not much.

As for the front wheels, you are fine with ET24. The stock wheels are 19x9 with a 32mm offset. Most non-stock wheels you will see on here have a fitment closer to 22mm-24mm offset.

I can't speak for how much risk there is for rubbing going up to 20" wheels, but I think there are quite a few people that have done that with no issues.

https://futureclassic.us/collections/toyota/products/future-classic-mkv-supra-5x112-wheel-spacer-kit

Take a look at the red car. That's a stock suspension/coilovers with increased offset of 12mm (ET20) in the front and 15mm (ET25) in the rear.
Thank you, based on this its definitely going to work!

Lithic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1988
Has anyone mentioned you'll have zero grip regardless of setup if you run 20s lmao. If going fast is anywhere on your list of things to do with the Supra, don't go 20s, but if it's just a static show car then do what you want.

OP
OP

carnetics

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra
DSC01474.jpg
19x11 +37
305/30/19
Man I'm so puzzled. I got down to the wheel place and we test fitted the current ones I have purchased and the 305/30 tire was lightly contacting the inside wheel arches, and this was with 11 wide and +24. The wheels are 20 inch and the tire is a Pirelli PZero

Does anyone have a photo of how close the clearances are inside the wheel?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Man I'm so puzzled. I got down to the wheel place and we test fitted the current ones I have purchased and the 305/30 tire was lightly contacting the inside wheel arches, and this was with 11 wide and +24. The wheels are 20 inch and the tire is a Pirelli PZero

Does anyone have a photo of how close the clearances are inside the wheel?
+24mm means that your wheel sticks out 13mm more than the +37 offset so im not surprised.... i mentioned this in your other post that I run a 19x11 +38 305/30 and it pretty much flush.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Has anyone mentioned you'll have zero grip regardless of setup if you run 20s lmao. If going fast is anywhere on your list of things to do with the Supra, don't go 20s, but if it's just a static show car then do what you want.
What are you talking about? What does the size of the wheel have to do with contact patch dimensions?

-RJM

Lithic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1988
What are you talking about? What does the size of the wheel have to do with contact patch dimensions?

-RJM
I'm unsure if this is a troll question, but in case it's not, the general consensus amongst people with fast cars is more tire sidewall = more grip, especially in a straight line. But even autocrossers and circuit people drop from 19s to 18s. There's tons of science behind this. Suffice to say, assuming identical tire compounds, inflation pressure, rolling diameter, tire width, ambient/road temps, road surface, suspension set up, etc, an 18in setup is going to outgrip a 20in setup all day. Our A90s can make almost any street compound 19in tire set up break free from a dig, even low speed rolling launches can make traction control kick on, I can hardly imagine the ice skating nightmare going to 20s would be.
Sponsored