2J Racing update (Owner Joe Ippolito)

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
i'm upset that, despite OP not wanting to share the shop name, we were all supporting him, answering his questions, researching for him.. and he didn't resolve this on his own, he allowed the shop to do it on their own terms. OP cheated himself. who knows if the shop will continue this practice, who knows if the next ignorant person will be scammed the same way. 2J Racing should've been punished. truly a shame.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

2J has zero incentive to change, and I guarantee he won't. Not until he ends up in prison or a hospital bed as a direct consequence of his behavior.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I still think a chargeback should be filed against this shop, and if it were me personally, I would have served them already, obviously attorney mindset, but this is prime civil litigation. They do not deserve a $1 of your hard earned money, I went through the whole invoice with charlie last week and a lot of the prices and parts installed are fishy, like someone mentioned the BMS intake, it is not 479 no matter what. OP you obviously do what you have to do, but I think you are owed back every penny you sent that scam artist.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

2J has zero incentive to change, and I guarantee he won't. Not until he ends up in prison or a hospital bed as a direct consequence of his behavior.
That would make absolutely no difference. A thief is a thief just like an asshole is an asshole. If the op feels good about the outcome thatā€™s all that matters. I agree about the chargeback but he outed the guy and his shop. People know now and if they do any research maybe this thread will pop up.
Matter of fact the op should update the title to include the shop or owners name. That way it will pop up in a Google search.

OP
OP

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
That would make absolutely no difference. A thief is a thief just like an asshole is an asshole. If the op feels good about the outcome thatā€™s all that matters. I agree about the chargeback but he outed the guy and his shop. People know now and if they do any research maybe this thread will pop up.
Matter of fact the op should update the title to include the shop or owners name. That way it will pop up in a Google search.
Will do!

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000

People like the OP don't do research. The only solution is for the scammer to never be successful and to give up. Next victim will come here and search the shop name after they see the bill and feel scammed. The cycle will continue.

That being said, OP, I have a really nice bridge to sell you. Interested?

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
People like the OP don't do research. The only solution is for the scammer to never be successful and to give up. Next victim will come here and search the shop name after they see the bill and feel scammed. The cycle will continue.

That being said, OP, I have a really nice bridge to sell you. Interested?
Your assumption is that other people are not going to do their homework until this guy scams them. I agree. Some people will do that. The op has no control over that nor does a charge back. You never know about some people. Some may walk away. Some might want their pound of flesh and get it. People have gotten whatā€™s coming to them before but we are not psychic. Iā€™m not. Are you? Just curious Iā€™m wanting to buy some lottery tickets.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your assumption is that other people are not going to do their homework until this guy scams them. I agree. Some people will do that. The op has no control over that nor does a charge back. You never know about some people. Some may walk away. Some might want their pound of flesh and get it. People have gotten whatā€™s coming to them before but we are not psychic. Iā€™m not. Are you? Just curious Iā€™m wanting to buy some lottery tickets.
There is absolutely no positive to just walking away. None. Unless the scammer receives zero dollars, it is a net benefit to the scammer. Getting scammed is a willful action. It takes two parties. Every person that allows themselves to get scammed and doesn't leave the scammer with a net zero benefit is actively encouraging it. OP can take a solid piece of the blame for the next victim. The only way to guarantee the scammer gets what is coming to them is for them to not get paid.

I am not exaggerating when I say that it takes a solid 5 minutes to submit a chargeback on a credit card with a virtually 100% success rate with evidence. 5 minutes, no downside. There is no excuse other than being a fool.

OP
OP

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
There is absolutely no positive to just walking away. None. Unless the scammer receives zero dollars, it is a net benefit to the scammer. Getting scammed is a willful action. It takes two parties. Every person that allows themselves to get scammed and doesn't leave the scammer with a net zero benefit is actively encouraging it. OP can take a solid piece of the blame for the next victim. The only way to guarantee the scammer gets what is coming to them is for them to not get paid.

I am not exaggerating when I say that it takes a solid 5 minutes to submit a chargeback on a credit card with a virtually 100% success rate with evidence. 5 minutes, no downside. There is no excuse other than being a fool.
Ok buddy calm down. I have had enough of this aggression on here. How about we take all the times you didn't make the right decision and then we berate you over it on a forum. How many times would that be? 10,20,30...ect.

I made the decision to handle it how I did. That is my choice and not yours. Ultimately I have this post indexed on the web and others can access it. Regardless if I lost a few 100 doesn't change the fact as to whether or not future 2j customers decide to do work with Joe. They can still refer to this post if they come across it and that is really all that matters. My money is not their money.

I understand that you are upset but this happened to me and not you. Man I am living this. Let me make my decisions in peace. There is more going on in the background than you have considered.

In any case I know that I may or may not quell your concerns and assertions but to me that doesn't really matter. I put the post out there and now there is solid documentation as to how this shop behaves when dealing with inexperienced customers. I also walked away more informed than I was before. To me that's a win because as I stated in my original post my intention was only to inform myself so that I could avoid this situation in the future.

If you have such strong feelings towards 2J then you are welcome to march on down there and give him an earful. I would actually enjoy that as I know that the better option is to maintain peace after engaging in a difficult situation.

I hope you have a great day and bright future.

Thank you,

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok buddy calm down. I have had enough of this aggression on here. How about we take all the times you didn't make the right decision and then we berate you over it on a forum. How many times would that be? 10,20,30...ect.

I made the decision to handle it how I did. That is my choice and not yours. Ultimately I have this post indexed on the web and others can access it. Regardless if I lost a few 100 doesn't change the fact as to whether or not future 2j customers decide to do work with Joe. They can still refer to this post if they come across it and that is really all that matters. My money is not their money.

I understand that you are upset but this happened to me and not you. Man I am living this. Let me make my decisions in peace. There is more going on in the background than you have considered.

In any case I know that I may or may not quell your concerns and assertions but to me that doesn't really matter. I put the post out there and now there is solid documentation as to how this shop behaves when dealing with inexperienced customers. I also walked away more informed than I was before. To me that's a win because as I stated in my original post my intention was only to inform myself so that I could avoid this situation in the future.

If you have such strong feelings towards 2J then you are welcome to march on down there and give him an earful. I would actually enjoy that as I know that the better option is to maintain peace after engaging in a difficult situation.

Thank you,
:popcorn:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just like the scammers list, I suppose this merits a Shops to Avoid sticky otherwise unless people specifically search for 2J, which is less than 3 letters and racing is such a generic name, this forum thread will never be found by any parties...

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thank you,

Impressive to read, despite no real reasoning for not doing a chargeback and getting your money back. By the time you finished the first paragraph you could have had a chargeback submitted. More pushback on a forum than to the guy that scammed you. Well done, that'll teach him.

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
Impressive to read, despite no real reasoning for not doing a chargeback and getting your money back. By the time you finished the first paragraph you could have had a chargeback submitted. More pushback on a forum than to the guy that scammed you. Well done, that'll teach him.
You're really worked up about something that doesn't affect you at all. I bet if you go take a walk outside you'd feel better.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're really worked up about something that doesn't affect you at all. I bet if you go take a walk outside you'd feel better.
Impressive to think that's getting worked up, really smart stuff.šŸ¤£ This is borderline entertaining to see people make excuses instead of taking appropriate action. It's a phenomenon I've started to notice more and more in life. People are spending more time and effort to defend their lack of action, than the solution/action would have ever required. The more you suggest the solution, the more they insist on remaining the victim. It probably comes out in face-to-face interactions as well, which is why OP got scammed.
Sponsored