Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
I'm not sure if they specified the Z4's horsepower rating but if this is the euro-spec, it could be doing a 7:55 with the restricted 340 HP configuration (vice the 382 HP configuration).

For added reference points on modern ring times, the 300+ HP Honda Civic Type R can lap the ring in 7:43.
It's not Euro spec, just look at the steering wheel placement
Sponsored

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
0-100kmph or 0-62mph numbers are superficial in most cases as they are for marketing. Most are under perfect road conditions and optimized weight.... No fuel or minimum fuel in the tank.

Real life numbers anything under 5 seconds is great. Anything under 6 is terrific.... Again this is assuming the price point is non Porsche or M series numbers... If so... Then those numbers are expected and should be minimum.

Weight is critical.... I would assume that if the Toyota is lighter than the Z4... Then it can be under 5 seconds. But Toyota rarely uses hyped numbers.

In any case I would still prefer a 5.5 second 0 to 100kmph Supra but MANUAL ... Than a Automatic sub 5 second pedal basher... DCT is still meh compared to stick in my books since I love being engaged fully when driving around curvy roads.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I never said that was production spec, A70 said that was the prototype testing early on. I'll be a firm believer until I hear otherwise. If you have any valuable information that you'd like to share then please be my guest. I get it, in the end, this is all hearsay but I'll believe credible sources on this forum until I'm proven wrong.
Z4.

And 40hp does not equal .7 - .9 seconds faster 0-60.

Nothing to debate here.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
BMW USA says 0-60 in under 4.4 seconds. I don’t see the Supra being under 4, which is ok, that it still very impressive. What is not impressive is 25 years after the mkiv to only make such little improvement. Let’s see if Toyota has a surprise for us.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
As an avid `ring fan and benchracer, my comments:

Don`t compare Sport Auto Nurburgring laptimes to "manufacturer" laptimes, owners laptimes, Wikipedia laptimes and even other mags laptimes. Sport Auto is considered the standard because: They run the full course Nordschleife (not just a segment of the track as most others do, usually called "bridge to gantry" laptimes) and the cars they test are always bone stock (manufacturers cheat more often than you think - tires, weight, boost, alignment, etc).

Having said that, an Euro-spec Z4 (down 40hp+ from the rest of the world version) putting down 7:55 is pretty impressive. These are other results from SportAuto to compare, no bullshit here:

Porsche Cayman S (718) 7:46
Audi TT-RS 7:48
Lotus Exige S (V6) 7:53
BMW Z4 M40i 7:55
Ford Focus RS 8:06
Mini John Cooper Works 8:28

Last gen Z4 would fall off-the-chart slow with the same power. They made huge progress on the chassis. Still, the car is understeering visibly in some segments. The Supra, with a more aggresive suspension setup and lower weight will probably land on par with the Cayman S laptime, which seems to be the benchmark Toyota has had since day 1. It will not be close to a 911S, that is clear by now.
You are so damn right man! Really good to read in contrast to all that lap-time shit.

ginsuown

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Nissan 350z, 2007 Honda Civic
Z4.

And 40hp does not equal .7 - .9 seconds faster 0-60.

Nothing to debate here.
FACT: A70 said the 2950lbs mule with 350hp does 3.8s.

FACT: car has more power now than when he was more directly involved with the project, AKA current testing mule has >350hp.

FACT: very recently engineers say the weight is around 1400kg, ~3080lbs.

Only thing to debate is if the production car will retain those specs. There exists a car with the capabilities mentioned above, but the debate is about what will still change before production.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
FACT: A70 said the 2950lbs mule with 350hp does 3.8s.

FACT: car has more power now than when he was more directly involved with the project, AKA current testing mule has >350hp.

FACT: very recently engineers say the weight is around 1400kg, ~3080lbs.

Only thing to debate is if the production car will retain those specs. There exists a car with the capabilities mentioned above, but the debate is about what will still change before production.
None of that is fact except that he said those things. Toyota never said any of that so it’s only rumors. Another thing to point out is that the rumor puts the 4 cylinder at 1,400kg, not the i6. If you figure in the actual production model will come at around 3,300kg+ that will bring the supra into the low 4’s 0-60. Use your head a little.