A90shop Delta Wing

Issan_Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2018 Ducati PanigaleV4S
Hello guys and gals, I don’t post much and here are a few pictures of the the new carbon “Delta” wing from A90Shop.
Fitment and quality is excellent and I highly recommend you have it professionally installed unless you are comfortable with drilling the hatch.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It looks -really- good. My only real hangup... it's barely cheaper than the Verus wing, which I know will fit absolutely perfectly and is proven. That 5/600 dollar difference doesn't seem worth the crap shoot of a new CF part that might not fit well.

Yes, I know this is a voltex knock-off, not a Verus knock-off, but.. Just look at the quality of the standoffs of this new delta wing vs. Verus'

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I know this is a voltex knock-off, not a Verus knock-off, but.. Just look at the quality of the standoffs of this new delta wing vs. Verus'
I think pricing is fair, but I’m not a huge fan of knockoff parts/replicas.

Authentic, tunnel-tested Verus wing >>> Knockoff Voltex wing

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Issan_Supra

Issan_Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It looks -really- good. My only real hangup... it's barely cheaper than the Verus wing, which I know will fit absolutely perfectly and is proven. That 5/600 dollar difference doesn't seem worth the crap shoot of a new CF part that might not fit well.

Yes, I know this is a voltex knock-off, not a Verus knock-off, but.. Just look at the quality of the standoffs of this new delta wing vs. Verus'
I get your point, but it's biased because you a judging two different products to a single standard, I would find validity in your opinion if you owned an actual Voltex wing and the Delta wing from A90Shop. Then you could accurately highlight the merits of each wing and deem if the Delta wing is of any value for the price point.

Also, one of the local MK5 guys has the Verus Engineering wing and I do not understand what you are referring to when it comes to quality. Both wings are made extremely well with their distinctive materials, both affix properly to the hatch, and both wings properly line up with the mounting points.

I tip my hat to Verus Engineering for their research and design as I have the rear diffuser and turbo heat shield. I'm not tracking my car at VIR and don't see the need to have every piece of Aero be designed for the track. I paid for the Delta Wing with my own coin and would not make a positive post about the product if it did not meet my expectations.

Cheers-

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get your point, but it's biased because you a judging two different products to a single standard, I would find validity in your opinion if you owned an actual Voltex wing and the Delta wing from A90Shop. Then you could accurately highlight the merits of each wing and deem if the Delta wing is of any value for the price point.

Also, one of the local MK5 guys has the Verus Engineering wing and I do not understand what you are referring to when it comes to quality. Both wings are made extremely well with their distinctive materials, both affix properly to the hatch, and both wings properly line up with the mounting points.

I tip my hat to Verus Engineering for their research and design as I have the rear diffuser and turbo heat shield. I'm not tracking my car at VIR and don't see the need to have every piece of Aero be designed for the track. I paid for the Delta Wing with my own coin and would not make a positive post about the product if it did not meet my expectations.

Cheers-
I wouldn't call that a bias, but sure. I also wasn't saying anything negative about your wing, just saying that typically 'old over-engineered <thing>' > 'new under-engineered <thing>', purely from an engineering perspective.

I'm an engineer, so I care very much about that kind of thing.

OP
OP
Issan_Supra

Issan_Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldn't call that a bias, but sure. I also wasn't saying anything negative about your wing, just saying that typically 'old over-engineered <thing>' > 'new under-engineered <thing>', purely from an engineering perspective.

I'm an engineer, so I care very much about that kind of thing.
I appreciate the feedback, my objective was highlighting how someone can form an opinion without experience or testing of the said product. I would love to test this "replica wing" in a wind tunnel to verify the merits of the design and verify if the structural parts can withstand the the forces exerted upon on it. Am I willing to sit on the wing to prove a point? No. But it is an alternative for those that want a wing for style points that is not of a Street Hunter design or anything else that is not considered proper aero.

Cheers

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

I’ve seen this wing in person and I’ve seen the Verus. In terms of quality they are the same and installing are in the same exact spot. Anyone calling this a knock off is just ignorant or being paid by a competitor company.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve seen this wing in person and I’ve seen the Verus. In terms of quality they are the same and installing are in the same exact spot. Anyone calling this a knock off is just ignorant or being paid by a competitor company.
I mean, it's 100% a knockoff. Not of Verus, but Voltex. I, too, have seen the Verus and Voltex wings in person. They're insanely high quality. I'm not saying this one isn't.

Perhaps you're not familiar with what 'knock-off' means. It's definitely a replica of an expensive/designer wing. That's what a knock-off means. Knock-off isn't a derogatory term, it's just a fact. This is a replica of a Voltex wing.

I'm definitely ignorant. I know nothing about anything, but I'm not getting paid by the Verus guys to shit on a product that doesn't compare to theirs. I'd love to be a shill, but I'm still paying for all this shit out of pocket, unfortunately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I mean, it's 100% a knockoff. Not of Verus, but Voltex. I, too, have seen the Verus and Voltex wings in person. They're insanely high quality. I'm not saying this one isn't.

Perhaps you're not familiar with what 'knock-off' means. It's definitely a replica of an expensive/designer wing. That's what a knock-off means. Knock-off isn't a derogatory term, it's just a fact. This is a replica of a Voltex wing.

I'm definitely ignorant. I know nothing about anything, but I'm not getting paid by the Verus guys to shit on a product that doesn't compare to theirs. I'd love to be a shill, but I'm still paying for all this shit out of pocket, unfortunately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you just sound like a douche
Sponsored