A91-MT ordering

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Hey all - has anyone heard anything about allocations for the A91-MT? I’ve spoken to a number of dealers and basically been told they can’t really take deposits because they don’t know if they’ll have an allocation. Curious if anyone else had been told different.
Sponsored

UnsatMKV

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Hey all - has anyone heard anything about allocations for the A91-MT? I’ve spoken to a number of dealers and basically been told they can’t really take deposits because they don’t know if they’ll have an allocation. Curious if anyone else had been told different.
My dealer said the same. Which sucks because they’re the only one in my area that refuses to mark up vehicles except the new tundra apparently. Bought a 2022 at msrp that is in route now. I was told specifically they’d be lucky to even get two as they usually only get one new Supra a year. Every other Toyota I called in Memphis and Nashville has openly stated a markup which I’m not down with. Might try and pick up a manual in two or three years depending on the market.

OP
OP

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My dealer said the same. Which sucks because they’re the only one in my area that refuses to mark up vehicles except the new tundra apparently. Bought a 2022 at msrp that is in route now. I was told specifically they’d be lucky to even get two as they usually only get one new Supra a year. Every other Toyota I called in Memphis and Nashville has openly stated a markup which I’m not down with. Might try and pick up a manual in two or three years depending on the market.
Interesting. I called a number of dealers in Nashville right after announcement and they didn’t mention markup to me at all. Wonder if that means they’ve heard they’re getting an allocation. Either way, it kinda sucks. Wish the A91 editions weren’t always in such limited supply.

UnsatMKV

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Interesting. I called a number of dealers in Nashville right after announcement and they didn’t mention markup to me at all. Wonder if that means they’ve heard they’re getting an allocation. Either way, it kinda sucks. Wish the A91 editions weren’t always in such limited supply.
It’s hard out here for enthusiasts

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
No allocations yet. I'll be quoting all the idiots on here in a few months when their "insider info,friends" dates for cars don't pan out

OP
OP

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m all for special editions, but wish it was more like 1000 units for each. Like people trying to get the Z proto will be funny 😂

Southtown

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sti
When do we think Toyota will announce pricing for the manual? I’ll start conversations with dealers once that happens.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
The dealer I bought my Launch Edition from took a refundable deposit from me for the A91-MT in mid-April.

Dealer confirmed I was the first deposit for the A91-MT and that they would sell it to me at MSRP.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The dealer I bought my Launch Edition from took a refundable deposit from me for the A91-MT in mid-April.

Dealer confirmed I was the first deposit for the A91-MT and that they would sell it to me at MSRP.
If they.. ya know, get an allocation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
If they.. ya know, get an allocation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obviously there were more LE’s, but they received several allocations for the LE and they are expecting to receive two A91-MTs.

However, I’m waiting for them to confirm that is the case before I sell my LE. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll get my deposit back. Win-win.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My dealer told me BMW stopped taking special orders in 2020.. So while my dealer knows I have been waiting for a long while for a A91CF, they cannot take deposit as they have no idea when they would receive allocation. I suppose that's fair..

With the war going on, I don't expect to receive my unofficial order any more. It's fine, I'm kinda over it now. Will look at getting a different car maybe next year..

OP
OP

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah everything is kind of a cluster right now. Would love to snag a matte white, but if it’s only going to be about a 250 unit run (with the other 250 presumed in the CU Later grey), then I think it could be pretty tricky.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I’m all for special editions, but wish it was more like 1000 units for each. Like people trying to get the Z proto will be funny 😂
How do you create a demand with 1000 units? There are only 1000 people that want this thing

OP
OP

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How do you create a demand with 1000 units? There are only 1000 people that want this thing
Maybe wishful thinking, but I would hope all the people clamoring for the 6 speed would show up. Problem with 500 or fewer is that dealers are just going to scalp them. It is what it is.
Sponsored