AA Downpipe CEL

Scuffed.Supra

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Installed the active autowerkes downpipe with a AWE track exhaust, had it on for exactly a week about 300 miles. CEL came on very shortly after leaving work, any ideas on how to fix this issue? Was thinking of a jb4 with a custom map could tune it out if that’ll work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Active Autowerke has a no CEL guarantee, so unless something is wonky with the way it got installed, you can contact them and they'll send you a new downpipe.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Installed the active autowerkes downpipe with a AWE track exhaust, had it on for exactly a week about 300 miles. CEL came on very shortly after leaving work, any ideas on how to fix this issue? Was thinking of a jb4 with a custom map could tune it out if that’ll work.
Guessing you did check that the CEL flagged the emissions? Just making sure. Pretty unusual to get a CEL with the AA. Hopefully something didn’t go kerfunkle on install.
JB4 can clear codes but it cannot stop them from coming back.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Several valid questions have been raised:
  1. Did you opt for a catted or catless downpipe? The absence of a CEL applies only to catted versions.
  2. Have you checked the error code to confirm it is related to the downpipe?
  3. If you have a catted downpipe and the CEL is indeed related to it, reach out to Active Autowerke, and they will replace the downpipe for you.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
A dude on a Facebook Group had an AA throw a code. He was running the Sport+ mode that some Bimmer code guys enable from the Z4. He turned that off and the code went away. You running Sport+?

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
not as uncommon as you think. I’ve had 2 AA catted DP.

both threw a CEL within a day
Gee that’s crazy. Was that back when they were still using the 300 cell or with the newest 400 cell?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I get a CEL occasionally (3 times). However it only seams to happen when running JB4 map. I thought I had damaged the sensor when installing buts It’s less frequent now that I have 2k miles on the DP.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Did you make sure the 02 sensor or nothing else was loose?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
not as uncommon as you think. I’ve had 2 AA catted DP.

both threw a CEL within a day

It appears you've either encountered an exceptionally unfortunate situation or received two downpipes from the same defective batch with which Active Autowerke had an issue recently. As soon as they identified the problem, they temporarily halted sales of the downpipes, addressed the case, and resumed sales.

It's important to clarify that it's not typical to experience a Check Engine Light (CEL) with these downpipes. Thousands of users are running their vehicles without encountering a CEL, with only a handful reporting such an issue (with active replacing their downpipes asap).

Given these low failure rates, it's far from common to experience a CEL with these downpipes, unless, as noted, you've encountered a rather unfortunate stroke of luck.

golie25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@Extreme Power House I ordered one April 26th and just recently got a cel after about 500 miles, but I was running a trial tune at the time for some logging — is that date in the range I should worry about or is the tune a more likely culprit?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
@Extreme Power House I ordered one April 26th and just recently got a cel after about 500 miles, but I was running a trial tune at the time for some logging — is that date in the range I should worry about or is the tune a more likely culprit?
Depends on the CEL. Please read the code.

Regardless of your tuning, the Active Autowerke downpipe should not trigger a check engine light (CEL). However, considering you mentioned that you were running a test map, it's possible that the CEL was initiated due to an issue with your tune, rather than the downpipe itself.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
If it is a cat code please reach out to them they will send a replacement and return label back, gesi sent a bad batch of cats but a fix has been found and is working
Sponsored