Yes, the BMW Mineralweiss finish has a translucent mid coat, so I assume imperfections in paint application are more obvious than with opaque colours. I notice it on one rear fender bulge.Anyone else notice the mottling in the absolute zero paint?
Mine is all over the car. Did not notice it much at first, but now I can not unsee it.Yes, the BMW Mineralweiss finish has a translucent mid coat, so I assume imperfections in paint application are more obvious than with opaque colours. I notice it on one rear fender bulge.
I saw a mineral white BMW driving by the other day, and it had some certain areas that looked like my Supra. So i'm assuming that is just how it is suppose to be. I have a G37 which is Majestic White, and no mottling. The paint is very uniform across. But i'm go to a BMW dealership this weekend just to double check. This could also be why the Supra paint is thin, not enough passes, and it can be seen on white the most.I didnt look for this type of thing when I had my absolute 2023, although now that I'm thinking about it, it did seem like some spots looked slightly more metallic or something. I do now with my atmosphere 26 and I do not see it (looking now). However, I have to take another look at my Integra Type S to see if it has the same thing. I was polishing it last night and was thinking that I just did not wipe off some polish residue on the Type S but it could be mottling. Driving the Supra today while I polish and coat or I would go look but bleh, I suppose there really isnt anything that can be done about it?
Correct, I noticed that as well. On the hood, it goes left to right. While the door and rear quarter is up and down. Can see the orientation it was painted.It may be because for mica or metallic finishes the direction the paint is laid down on the surface is critical. It's to do with how the metallics in the paint orientate on the surface. If the robot gun that lays the paint down has a gun pass thats a little off due to programming then you may get a slightly different appearance on a panel. Also why although the paint colour match on some versions of things like fender reflector fillers and replacement badges is actually very good but the flop is different is because of the direction the paint is laid down compared to the main panel.