Achieving 750WHP+ Without Port Injection - A Plug and Play Solution for 2020+ Supras

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Disagree the removal tool is like 130 bucks and places rent them for a fraction of that. Newer cars the DI aren’t seized into the motor so the job is overall much easier. I believe the new injectors come with the seal so you don’t need the seal tool.
oh nice. Didnt realize they came with seals. I still think if you cant remove an IM you shouldn't be doing either of these installs on your own. Setting the injectors incorrectly can oval the hole in the head causing a leak. Also meaning that head is now junk as they do not sell inserts yet for these heads like the older N54s.
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
oh nice. Didnt realize they came with seals. I still think if you cant remove an IM you shouldn't be doing either of these installs on your own. Setting the injectors incorrectly can oval the hole in the head causing a leak. Also meaning that head is now junk as they do not sell inserts yet for these heads like the older N54s.
Fair point. You definitely need to do the procedure correctly. Idk it’s some what appealing to me even at a slightly higher cost just because there’s less crap to deal with and I feel like I would be cursing a lot less with injectors then trying to get a PI plate installed. Personal opinion obviously.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Everybody... If the OP wants to try the DI solution and provides us with the data, how can we be against this? (yes I know he uses 'marketing language', but I read past those sentences... like every adult would do. Its like watching television and ignoring the commercials)

Me personally, love to see people taking initiative and try out new things.
I would say: thanks, go for it, share the results

Keep in mind that upgrading via DI has other benefits as well.
Assume (like in Belgium), you are by law not allowed to tune your engine
  • With port injection, this is very noticable at first sight when the police would 'pop the hood' (taking into account and aftermarket manifold here)
    • With the DI injection solution, good luck for them to really notice it
And obviously, with the DI solution, you are not relying on a third party controller (even if canbus integrated with ecutek), but you can use all 'factory maps' and have the benefit of good knock supression. You do not require to run extra cables, find a nice spot in the engine bay for the reflex controller,...

I mean... how many of you changed a couple of time to a different brand of turbo... and did not wait 3 years to see what comes available on the market? How many axles did you break while on the dragstrip? How many tires did you consume on the racetrack?

Owning and enjoying a car cost money. An engine and transmission build... costs a fortune, compared to the DI vs PI solution discussion.

You are all talking about 'PI costs less money, why would you do DI?'... while on the other hand, you throw money out of the window like it is nothing, just to enjoy yourselves at the racetrack.

Let's all enjoy ourselves here on the forum, and don't hate people for trying different things.

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
update : as of today we installed all the fuel upgrades I am extremely excited to be able to data log and post data , for people wanting to know how installation was , HPFP and injectors were very easy you just need the right tools for injectors but took less than 30 mins for injectors I also decided to go one step colder and gap to 0.022 as I track and I might lose efficiency if everything gets too hot ! Since everything was taken apart anyway . The LPFP was not hard just time consuming we routed cables in a very clean way you can’t tell at all the LPFP is hob switch activated with a vacuum sensor at 10 PSI . I wish it was like M340i where the fuel hat is in the rear and easier to look through on the supra it sits at an awkward location . The quality of the HPFP was very nice everything is machined and looks very high quality also just looks sick “ I lowkey want a billet cover now “ . as Of now we are working on the base tune to dial in PUMP and E50 tune and I’ll be posting 1/4 miles , 0-60 , 60-120 as well as temps and Dyno sheets . The injectors are also higher capacity so we need to figure out how it reacts ! Huge shoutout to Hassan at HTE Preformnace not only is he a beast when it comes to B58s but also responds extremely quickly which I appreciate it and is always down to help I’ll be posting results soon . As a side note “ my injectors which I have never ran Ethanol through and Spark plugs were not in good conditions after 23K Km , I have ran 13K Km tuned and 4K km on JB4 map 2 and did oil changes every 5K Kms . Below I post a video of condition of both which look a bit rough

IMG_0163.jpeg

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Update : I finally received the Map to be able to turn on the car with the upgraded fuel system ill be installing a surge tank setup soon . i am excited to turn on the car and dial it in while on PUMP and then slap a E50 tune . car is in the shop and since we could not turn it on it was stored there i will go tomorrow morning.
IMG_0242.PNG

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
to clarify the injectors needed a tool to remove them you can use B48 removal tool , its very easy just be very slow and steady they come out no problem its not like the n54 and the new ones just go back in no problem . very very easy install really

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
to clarify the injectors needed a tool to remove them you can use B48 removal tool , its very easy just be very slow and steady they come out no problem its not like the n54 and the new ones just go back in no problem . very very easy install really
also remove 3 at a time and insert 3 at a time

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Are you still doing dyno sheets with 1 product at a time or is it all together?

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Are you still doing dyno sheets with 1 product at a time or is it all together?
the flow of injectors can be adjusted to OEM spec so i can put dyno sheets of them maxed out at OEM spec and then do one at whatever it allows us to push it to

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
What I don't get is why OP is using marketing language. If you're going to sell out just do it don't be ominous about it. Also as far as my little knowledge goes. Isn't PI just straight up better than a HPFP?? Why not pair it with an LPFP if that's not enough fuel, and if that's not enough why not pair both of those with injectors, but pretty sure at this point engine would be drowning in fuel. Yes PI is a pain in the ass to install, and I get people don't want a piggy back controlling their PI, but do you honestly think that a HPFP, injectors, and a LPFP will be better than PI???

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
What I don't get is why OP is using marketing language. If you're going to sell out just do it don't be ominous about it. Also as far as my little knowledge goes. Isn't PI just straight up better than a HPFP?? Why not pair it with an LPFP if that's not enough fuel, and if that's not enough why not pair both of those with injectors, but pretty sure at this point engine would be drowning in fuel. Yes PI is a pain in the ass to install, and I get people don't want a piggy back controlling their PI, but do you honestly think that a HPFP, injectors, and a LPFP will be better than PI???
I don't get it as well, but hey it’s his thread. I am actually interested in this option over PI, and want to see results from him and other members. Having several vendors/options is always welcomed!

From Spool website they claim HPFP alone can support 800 whp/gasoline, 670 whp/e50, and 600 whp/e85.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't get it as well, but hey it’s his thread. I am actually interested in this option over PI, and want to see results from him and other members. Having several vendors/options is always welcomed!

From Spool website they claim HPFP alone can support 800 whp/gasoline, 670 whp/e50, and 600 whp/e85.
I don't quite understand why people are hesitant about PI. If your only argument is it's controlled by a piggy back or I don't want more wires in my engine bay, it does not make sense. PI is a missing link in this car, and BMW noticed that. That's why Gen 3 B58's have PI. I'm all for experimenting don't get me wrong, everyone is free to do what they want with their cars, and builds. Buuuuuuuuut you can't just pull up and say hey this is wrong when everyone knows it's the solution, and in fact the best solution there is.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
I don't quite understand why people are hesitant about PI. If your only argument is it's controlled by a piggy back or I don't want more wires in my engine bay, it does not make sense. PI is a missing link in this car, and BMW noticed that. That's why Gen 3 B58's have PI. I'm all for experimenting don't get me wrong, everyone is free to do what they want with their cars, and builds. Buuuuuuuuut you can't just pull up and say hey this is wrong when everyone knows it's the solution, and in fact the best solution there is.

If your only argument is "everybody knows it's the solution," it does not make sense.

Do you have some actual logic or data to back that up? Plenty of cars faster than Supras run just direct injection or just port injection.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If your only argument is "everybody knows it's the solution," it does not make sense.

Do you have some actual logic or data to back that up? Plenty of cars faster than Supras run just direct injection or just port injection.
I get that, but we are not talking about other cars here. B58's max out their DI, and their pumps. If you're pushing that much power, you need to expect some pain in the ass. I still don't see a real argument on why PI is such a bad thing. It's safe and delivers the power needed. There is plenty of data to back this up. That's why you need more than a HPFP to keep up with the power delivery of PI. The real question is, is this really better than PI? Also, first time I'm seeing someone go for this setup so if it is better than PI the data will prove me wrong.
Sponsored