Active Autowerke Catted Downpipe Unboxing

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
This little gem just arrived today. Will see about getting it installed sometime this upcoming week. The packaging, welds and machine work are excellent.

They say it's guaranteed to not throw a CEL, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. With this weighing just under 8.5 lbs, I imagine there'll be some weight savings as well. Not sure what the factory downpipe weighs.

IMG_8098.jpg
IMG_8705.jpg
IMG_6059.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg
IMG_6908.jpg
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6885.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg
Sponsored

Aztec000

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Any raw sound clips ? Would like to hear the sound compare to stock dp.

OP
OP
satindragon

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
It's installed and the car sounds great with it. Deeper tone, no drone at all. Really the only real difference you notice is when you put your foot in it or when driving around in sport mode.

The pops and burbles are also louder which is just what I was going for. I have the fake engine noise disabled on my car so it got really quiet in the cabin after that. Post-install the sound is just where I want it. The car is still silent when cruising at 70 mph in comfort mode.

With the JB4 in map 2 or 3, the turbo lights off noticeably sooner and the torque is noticeably better. The best way to describe part throttle acceleration now is effortless.

No CEL to report. I put 50 miles on it post-installation. Highly recommend the AA downpipe.

In case anyone is curious the stock down pipe is 10lbs 4oz. so it's just under a 2lb weight reduction by going with the AA catted downpipe.
IMG_1289.jpeg

OP
OP
satindragon

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
4.5 inches. It doesn't reduce until the flex fitting.

From AA's website:
"This variant includes a 4.5" high flow GESI catalytic converter that will NOT produce a CEL! GESI has stamped N/GBL/4389/1119 on these cats as required by the EPA. The number represents the following: N (New) GBL: GESIā€™s Manufacturer Code / 4389 is the part number registered with the EPA / 1119: Manufacturing Month and Year. GESI can correctly claim that this specific technology has met test protocol 40CFR86, and has been verified by a third party laboratory, and most importantly has been registered with the EPA."

So definitely 4.5". There's a noticeable improvement in response everywhere.

Aztec000

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I had an Akra catback and added this after

Huge difference in sound

Should change stock exhaust sound too
sheeeeeee! Thatā€™s sound raw af! I thought you were tuned for a sec.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Canā€™t wait to get one.

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
who did you purchase it from?
This little gem just arrived today. Will see about getting it installed sometime this upcoming week. The packaging, welds and machine work are excellent.

They say it's guaranteed to not throw a CEL, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. With this weighing just under 8.5 lbs, I imagine there'll be some weight savings as well. Not sure what the factory downpipe weighs.

IMG_8098.jpg
IMG_8705.jpg
IMG_6059.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg
IMG_6908.jpg
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6885.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg
Sponsored