Adro Lip Question

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I am on the brink of selling my second kidney and going all in on the Adro kit but was wondering just how much lower the Adro lip is compared to the stock one. I am completely stock as far as ride height goes and was hoping someone can help me work out exactly how much less clearance I will have if I put the full kit on.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
About an inch or less I believe, I believe one of our customers posted measurements and screenshots in another thread.

-Josh

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Damn how many times you going to post this lip job question? Someone came out with a measurement on the other post

I have seen one and it’s not much lower just sticks out more

Worst case just crack a lip and be a man or be a man and crack a lip whichever floats

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Damn how many times you going to post this lip job question? Someone came out with a measurement on the other post
Twice. Once in another thread where someone was nice enough to post photos.. but as he was already lowered, I found it hard to discern how much the ride height was reduced due to the Adro lip. Hence the second post.. may post a third if it riles you up further. 😂

I have seen one and it’s not much lower just sticks out more
Thanks. This is actually useful information.

Worst case just crack a lip and be a man or be a man and crack a lip whichever floats
🙄

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I am on the brink of selling my second kidney and going all in on the Adro kit but was wondering just how much lower the Adro lip is compared to the stock one. I am completely stock as far as ride height goes and was hoping someone can help me work out exactly how much less clearance I will have if I put the full kit on.

Thanks!
If worried about damaging the expensive Adro pieces and you would like a sim/ish look, the A91 CF front lip pieces I sell may be a more affordable safer option to get that look. Just another option to consider! The Adro does look great tho!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
For your comparison, about .5" below stock and a verus splitter. It's a nightmare going anywhere.

1000002377.jpg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
That is the worry! I want to drive the bitch not have anxiety every time I see a slight incline! 😓
You also have to keep in mind, with the Verus, its still the same measurement at the front. That alone makes it terrible for driveways. The Adro will be much better since the front sits up higher.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

Tugg Speedman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Thanks!
Valid question. I've struggled with similar concerns myself. Lowered cars definitely look better and front lips like the Adro complete the look. But I still want to drive the car everywhere, I don't want speed bumps and minor driveway/parking lot inclines to become 3" walls I have to watch out for.

Anytime there is even a small dip before an incline or or a small bump after a decline, you run the risk of the lip catching the dip/hump and getting ripped off when the car moves forward. Even a small dip/hump in uneven road or parking lot is all it takes to crack or rip off that lip. I drive to a lot of unfamiliar places and I can't predict how the road will be every time I set out, and I don't want to have to worry about it...

Common example: If you live in a neighborhood with wide drain systems next to the sidewalk, you're gonna have issues getting up the driveway unless you install one of those ramp cover channel things.

Stock height is already pretty low, but high enough that it clears most things. It's pretty perfect for daily-ability. I'm stock and I scrape the underside cladding here and there, but never the front bumper/lip.

So as much as I've always wanted to lower the car and add a front lip, I can't see myself ever doing it because:

A) I drive around NYC frequently and I will definitely stress about breaking/scratching it
B) I don't want to deal with the inconveniences of being lowered/having an extended or lower front lip
C) If I break it, I'm gonna be real sad. If it were a $200 eBay piece, that sucks but alright, I'll get another one. I can't see myself doing the same for a $1200 lip
Sponsored

Last edited: