aFe Momentum Cold Air Intake

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Thats awesome. It better be worth waiting for 4 months.
Full afe power bolt ons!;) fitment is perfect!

P.s. will not fit with verus turbo heat shield. Unless you do it like me and make it somehow work. Fitment will be tight if you Leave verus shield on.
Sponsored

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Full afe power bolt ons!;) fitment is perfect!

P.s. will not fit with verus turbo heat shield. Unless you do it like me and make it somehow work. Fitment will be tight if you Leave verus shield on.

Very nice, thanks, looks great :cool:

I considered getting Verus heat shield but was concerned about the Turbo getting hotter than it should as it couldn't dissipate the heat as fast ?

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
To be fair I paid for mine on 03-13-20, it was a pre-order & we knew it would be a while, then covid, then still waiting, such is life

At least I have a very nice car I can drive & I'm not waiting for that too :)
Ordered the intake on 3/11/2010, still waiting as well. I'll have to try to get mine to fit with Verus turbo heat shield like the last poster.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette

I considered getting Verus heat shield but was concerned about the Turbo getting hotter than it should as it couldn't dissipate the heat as fast ?
The more heat you can contain within the turbine exhaust housing the better. Ideally it would be enveloped in an insulating blanket to retain as much heat as possible. The less heat that is dissipated (wasted) the faster the turbo spools.

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

To my understanding itā€™s supposed to block excess heat around the turbo area
Ordered the intake on 3/11/2010, still waiting as well. I'll have to try to get mine to fit with Verus turbo heat shield like the last poster.
its definitely not meant to be compatible. But if You donā€™t mind the turbo shield rubbing with the intake shield then youā€™re ok. Itā€™ll just be a very tight fit

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
C30C7D26-5803-42B7-87CB-B64E945F6B48.jpeg
To my understanding itā€™s supposed to block excess heat around the turbo area

its definitely not meant to be compatible. But if You donā€™t mind the turbo shield rubbing with the intake shield then youā€™re ok. Itā€™ll just be a very tight fit
UPDATE: I fixed the verus heat shield issue. I simply drilled new holes exactly one inch apart on the intake heat shield to align the shield to fit away from the verus shield. Easy fix if you plan on purchasing a heat shield from verus or already have one. Here are some pics
C30C7D26-5803-42B7-87CB-B64E945F6B48.jpeg

E5F513D0-6D92-4725-BFD0-AEE3FD5DF1A0.jpeg

7A5D98EE-7B57-4E35-B863-A4C82CAFB743.jpeg

9F137B54-B45C-49D6-A759-B305BD046429.jpeg

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Same. They are taking way too long. I wanted to go with full AFE power bolts. Since I already have the chargepipe downpipe and exhaust. But the ams intake is looking pretty nice too
How do you like the exhaust? I have their downpipe, but have been considering the new single exit they released since it is straight piped and I am looking for a little more sound.

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
How do you like the exhaust? I have their downpipe, but have been considering the new single exit they released since it is straight piped and I am looking for a little more sound.
The exhaust sounds amazing. Just have to wait a minute or two for it to warm up and the flap will open (in sport mode). Iā€™m sure the straight pipe exhaust is much louder. Thereā€™s a video on YouTube on the afe power channel for reference

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
The exhaust sounds amazing. Just have to wait a minute or two for it to warm up and the flap will open (in sport mode). Iā€™m sure the straight pipe exhaust is much louder. Thereā€™s a video on YouTube on the afe power channel for reference
:thumbsup:

jay1k2

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, 2020 Cayman GT4
I'm looking for more sound too but considering the dual exhaust.

The dual afe exhaust basically become a straight pipe once the valve is open in sport mode. Only one side of of the exhaust has a muffler on it. The valve side has no muffler. I'm thinking you could also rig it so the valve is always open :hmm:

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

The dual afe exhaust basically become a straight pipe once the valve is open in sport mode. Only one side of of the exhaust has a muffler on it. The valve side has no muffler. I'm thinking you could also rig it so the valve is always open :hmm:
I was able to do that with the canbus feature from the jb4. Once I switched to mikeytune I couldnā€™t. I would have to ask my tuner if thatā€™s possible

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

Good thought.

Still intrigued by the single exit. Looks wise I wish there was something to cover up the other exhaust opening. AFE needs to let us hear some fly by's and see some pictures of it at different angles! BTW sorry if I am hijacking the thread. Certainly not my intention!
Sponsored