Aftermarket Seat Install Possibilities?

GOODWOOD

First Name
Wangjie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
How's it going everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any info on what OHMs resistor they are using for the airbag module?
I bought a 2.0OHMS Bride airbag cancellor but I haven't install it. Do you know where should we plug in the canceller?
Sponsored

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion FRS, B9 Audi S4, MK7.5 Golf GTI, GR Supra
I bought a 2.0OHMS Bride airbag cancellor but I haven't install it. Do you know where should we plug in the canceller?
If you could return it I would suggest you do so, I have the 2ohm one from Bride installed and unfortunately thatā€™s not the correct one.

GOODWOOD

First Name
Wangjie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
If you could return it I would suggest you do so, I have the 2ohm one from Bride installed and unfortunately thatā€™s not the correct one.
Do you have pictures of where we install the airbag canceller? In this case, I could try others. Thanks!

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hey man. Do you know where should we insert the airbag canceler? Do you have pictures? There are so many ports!!!
I donā€™t unfortunately, but I think thereā€™re a couple of pages on that part in the service manual, Iā€™m not the one gettin that work done, a local shop did it. At this point I donā€™t even sure the resistor only solution is the way.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Maybe a dumb question but did you clear the airbag light after putting in the resistor. It does not clear automatically even after reconnecting the system.

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe a dumb question but did you clear the airbag light after putting in the resistor. It does not clear automatically even after reconnecting the system.
I did, but it didn't clear that one out. I have someone coded it out yesterday so it's no more warning for me

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
I did, but it didn't clear that one out. I have someone coded it out yesterday so it's no more warning for me
So aftermarket seats and no air bag. Do you know how they coded it out?

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So aftermarket seats and no air bag. Do you know how they coded it out?
I don't unfortunately, it's done remotely and I can't see what magic he did, but it's gone afterwards, if you need his number send me a PM, I'll send you his number

Dreamcoding

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4, 328i
Did the airbag and seatbelt light go away or only the airbag light? I've been told by a couple coders that they can only disable the airbag light but the seat belt light will stay illuminated regardless if the seat belt is plugged in or not.

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did the airbag and seatbelt light go away or only the airbag light? I've been told by a couple coders that they can only disable the airbag light but the seat belt light will stay illuminated regardless if the seat belt is plugged in or not.
I donā€™t have bay lights on mine, but I retained the factory seatbelt so thereā€™s that, if you donā€™t plug it in it would light up

Dreamcoding

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4, 328i
I donā€™t have bay lights on mine, but I retained the factory seatbelt so thereā€™s that, if you donā€™t plug it in it would light up
So you left the little white plug for the seat belt receptacle plugged in correct and your airbag light is off as well as seat belt light as long as you're wearing the seat belt? I was told it needed to be unplugged as well, in doing so the seat belt light stays illuminated at all times on the cluster whether you're wearing your seat belt or not.

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So you left the little white plug for the seat belt receptacle plugged in correct and your airbag light is off as well as seat belt light as long as you're wearing the seat belt? I was told it needed to be unplugged as well, in doing so the seat belt light stays illuminated at all times on the cluster whether you're wearing your seat belt or not.
think you might be misinformed. Iā€™ve attached my gauge cluster after the guy coded out mine. Seatbelt light would shown only if I left the factory seatbelt unplugged (I just plugged mine in from the back of the seat when Iā€™m using my 6 point)

4F86D725-AE9F-4FEA-B3C1-97102C28A80F.jpeg

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
So which codes need to be reset and are they using ESTA?
(Iā€™m in Europe and need to get mine coded also after installing bucket seats).

Iā€™m also still using the original seatbelt so i only need the seats coded.
(seat airbags, seat position sensor)

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
So just wondering but what is the solution here?

Did you guys use resistors and then code out the rest of the warnings?
Sponsored