Aftermarket Seats

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I searched and didn't find a thread like this. Let's see those aftermarket seats! Please specify brand, model, price, where you bought them, and any issues/resolutions for said issues if encountered, please. I'm considering buying a set and know a few others on here are as well. Would be good to have a catalog of what people are running that will fit in the car and have brackets available for our use-case.
Sponsored

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Not for a supra but I am running Recaro Sportster CS in black Alcantara for my 911. I am 5'7/slim fit and fits me perfect. My brother 5'11/175lbs has to tuck his body into place.
With racing seats in general, expect to have some lower back pain, soar buttocks, Air bag warning lights staying on the whole time unless you get the Air bag warning light bypass plug for professionally re code the ECU.

What ever you do, don't get the Bride seats because they aren't approved for SCCA and you won't be able to track your car with BRIDE seats. Plus, these seats are really meant as "Asian Size", if you know what I mean.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Here is my current setup. Took a bit of exploration of different parts to get it just right for me.

Seat:
Sparco Evo QRT

2DC28EFA-D867-4CFE-BFAD-05704DB6F42F.jpg

Side mounts:
Brey-Krause R-9261

2AFD036A-9DAE-473F-B4C1-2CFB2D892C3C.jpg

Floor mounts:
Macht Schnell liteweight floor mounts 70.10.111
note: I only used these to raise the seat up a little as it was too low for me with just the Brey-Krause side mounts.

IMG_0096.jpeg

Harness:
Schroth Profi II ASM + Six point add-on
Brey Krause R-9259 sub mount add-on for seat side mounts (allows six point addition)

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

OEM seat belt add-on:
Seat Belt Extender Pros
This allows the right side of the OEM seat belt to be safely used through the side of the seat instead of over (when driving on the street)

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

Airbag and seat position errors:
Coded out via BimmerGeeks Protool app
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/airbag-error-lights-warnings-easy-coding.14617/

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Not for a supra but I am running Recaro Sportster CS in black Alcantara for my 911. I am 5'7/slim fit and fits me perfect. My brother 5'11/175lbs has to tuck his body into place.
With racing seats in general, expect to have some lower back pain, soar buttocks, Air bag warning lights staying on the whole time unless you get the Air bag warning light bypass plug for professionally re code the ECU.

What ever you do, don't get the Bride seats because they aren't approved for SCCA and you won't be able to track your car with BRIDE seats. Plus, these seats are really meant as "Asian Size", if you know what I mean.
Without diving into the SCCA rulebook I'd hesitate to say "stay away from bride seats". SOME models are FIA approved, not all, but still. I'd assume that would carry some weight. My housemate is running bride zeta IVs in his S2k for gridlife, autocross, and TNiA events.

Someone with more knowledge and probably comment on this better than me however.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My last race seat purchase, a few local pro racing buddies couldn't stress enough to buy what fit me best. Sit in a ton of them! Sit in other people's seats at the track or a race shop if one is close to you. Makes a world of difference when it fits like a glove 🥰

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here is my current setup. Took a bit of exploration of different parts to get it just right for me.

Seat:
Sparco Evo QRT

2DC28EFA-D867-4CFE-BFAD-05704DB6F42F.jpg

Side mounts:
Brey-Krause R-9261

2AFD036A-9DAE-473F-B4C1-2CFB2D892C3C.jpg

Floor mounts:
Macht Schnell liteweight floor mounts 70.10.111
note: I only used these to raise the seat up a little as it was too low for me with just the Brey-Krause side mounts.

IMG_0096.jpeg

Harness:
Schroth Profi II ASM + Six point add-on
Brey Krause R-9259 sub mount add-on for seat side mounts (allows six point addition)

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

OEM seat belt add-on:
Seat Belt Extender Pros
This allows the right side of the OEM seat belt to be safely used through the side of the seat instead of over (when driving on the street)

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

Airbag and seat position errors:
Coded out via BimmerGeeks Protool app
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/airbag-error-lights-warnings-easy-coding.14617/
Why did you go Evo QRT over QRT-R? I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm ready to pull the trigger and was doing one last search. Also, who did you buy your Sparco seats through? Carid seems like a big sealer but I'd rather throw money at a forum sponsor if possible.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Why did you go Evo QRT over QRT-R? I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm ready to pull the trigger and was doing one last search. Also, who did you buy your Sparco seats through? Carid seems like a big sealer but I'd rather throw money at a forum sponsor if possible.
QRT-R is much bigger than the normal QRT. I fit perfectly in the QRT.

I bought mine from Jackie @PHD

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
QRT-R is much bigger than the normal QRT. I fit perfectly in the QRT.

I bought mine from Jackie @PHD
Interesting. Thanks. Were you able to sit in one before you purchased?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Interesting. Thanks. Were you able to sit in one before you purchased?
No, I did some measuring and looked at the seat specs. Then I interpolated that info based on the seat dimensions of buckets I had sat in before that I knew fit well and... somehow I got lucky. lol

btw, if I did it over again, I would probably buy an OMP, way more comfy.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
No, I did some measuring and looked at the seat specs. Then I interpolated that info based on the seat dimensions of buckets I had sat in before that I knew fit well and... somehow I got lucky. lol

Interesting! Thanks for the heads-up. I love the OMP safety gear and own one of their race suits, pair of gloves, and set of shoes. Hadn'*t considered their seats because I've always liked the Sparco's. Just no where close I can do a test fit.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

What OMP seat caught your eye?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wine country is a shop right in front of the track here at Sebring where you can try stuff out. Wife used to get pissed when we’d stop at Summit racing off I-75 (on vacation) and I try all kinds of gear out. So I got her into driving too. Problem solved 😉

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bit off topic but highly recommend, hire a professional coach. It’s expensive but the gains are incredible. Kind of like learning the right golf swing from the get go. Don’t have to unlearn bad habits. Also, everyone will know who the “professional” racer is and hope you two will stop by and ask about their seats. Speaking from experience - true story. Tons of drivers in IMSA do this and it’s not as expensive as you’d think. You’ll never drive with the nannies turned on again for sure and you’ll have a killer baseline lap in “your” exact car to always follow.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wine country is a shop right in front of the track here at Sebring where you can try stuff out. Wife used to get pissed when we’d stop at Summit racing off I-75 (on vacation) and I try all kinds of gear out. So I got her into driving too. Problem solved 😉
My bro went to the shop by Sebring to try out seats! This is a good idea. I may hop a flight down there to hit the shop and stop in to see my brother for a day or two before I pull the trigger. Ultimately, he ended up buying some cheap shit from Summit for his piece of shit race car (I say this in jest - it's an old 280z). It's funny, but since we both make the trip up and down I-75 a lot when we visit each other (I'm in Lexington, KY right off 75 and he's in Tampa, FL right off 75), we always stop to browse along the way. We figure it can't be too much of a delay given the traffic always coming to a stop for absolutely no reason at all around McDonough. 😆

Are you doing the PDG track day at Sebring on Jan. 6th?
Sponsored