Always be careful about the shop you order parts from!

BottomGear

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, C43, A4, Jeep TJ
Decided to get a new Magnaflow xMod exhaust for my A91-MT. Decided to buy from Speed Industry because they had a decent price/no tax. The exhaust arrived damaged, used, and missing parts. Perfect start to the weekend!

Their communication was great when I was purchasing, but if you have an issue, they just ghost you. They tried to offer me to just buy another one from them, on top of the one I already bought from them, but when I told them I would rather just return it, because it did not make sense to spend x thousands over the x thousands I already spent to get 1 single exhaust on my car, they just ghosted me. I'm not sure how a company can function like this and still exist. Won't even let me return it. Won't respond to a single email. It's been over a month and I'm still sitting here with no exhaust.

Will only be buying from reputable companies moving forward. It is worth the extra price to avoid these headaches. Let my experience help you not make the same mistake!

Update:
Update: After posting a review and this thread yesterday, I finally got a response from them this afternoon apologizing. Happy to say we came to a resolution and they did everything they could to make it right. Shoutout to the sales person Alex at Speed Industry for picking up the ball where the claims department dropped it. If you do buy from them I would recommend going through him [email protected]. I initially purchased through him (which was smooth and he gave me a decent deal) and once he took over the dispute today from the claims department got everything squared away quickly. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

BottomGear

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, C43, A4, Jeep TJ
On a brighter note! What shops would you all recommend that are reputable with good service? I've heard good things about A90 Shop on this forum.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
On a brighter note! What shops would you all recommend that are reputable with good service? I've heard good things about A90 Shop on this forum.
My first step is always with the manufacturer themself (such as AWE) for my exhaust. Other than that Iā€™ve not had a problem with @MAPerformance or @Extreme Power House but I also have not had to contact them for anything.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Decided to get a new Magnaflow xMod exhaust for my A91-MT. Decided to buy from Speed Industry because they had a decent price/no tax. The exhaust arrived damaged, used, and missing parts. Perfect start to the weekend!

Their communication was great when I was purchasing, but if you have an issue, they just ghost you. They tried to offer me to just buy another one from them, on top of the one I already bought from them, but when I told them I would rather just return it, because it did not make sense to spend x thousands over the x thousands I already spent to get 1 single exhaust on my car, they just ghosted me. I'm not sure how a company can function like this and still exist. Won't even let me return it. Won't respond to a single email. It's been over a month and I'm still sitting here with no exhaust.

Will only be buying from reputable companies moving forward. It is worth the extra price to avoid these headaches. Let my experience help you not make the same mistake!
I hope you dispute via your CC. That always gets attentionā€¦.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
A90Shop can be hit or miss too. My co-worker had trouble with them recently. Ordered a part, no communication as to order confirmation and tracking, but his credit card was charged over $400. Days without contact resulted in him having to file a "dispute charges" case..

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
A90Shop can be hit or miss too. My co-worker had trouble with them recently. Ordered a part, no communication as to order confirmation and tracking, but his credit card was charged over $400. Days without contact resulted in him having to file a "dispute charges" case..
My friend also had a sub-par experience with A90shop. In the end they made it right, but it was apparently challenging to contact them to say the least. Unfortunately, a lot of these websites (Speed Industry and A90shop included) do not accept inbound phone calls, which I hate. Sometimes it's better to just pick up the phone and fix an issue, not go back and forth for 2 weeks via email.

On the other hand, I did personally have a slight issue with an item I purchased from @NitroYellowMKV, but Phillip was great to work with and resolved the issue immediately. We spoke on the phone multiple times, he answered phone calls or texts within seconds, and I would 100% purchase from him again. More companies need to follow Phillip's approach on keeping their customers happy. I know you're reading this... I appreciate what you did for me and I hope the best for your business, you deserve only good things brother šŸ«¶ If you are new around here, buy from this guy. Great prices, and even better customer service. He actually cares about his customers and the community.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
It hurts me whatā€™s happened to Speed Industry, they used to be so great.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
My friend also had a sub-par experience with A90shop. In the end they made it right, but it was apparently challenging to contact them to say the least. Unfortunately, a lot of these websites (Speed Industry and A90shop included) do not accept inbound phone calls, which I hate. Sometimes it's better to just pick up the phone and fix an issue, not go back and forth for 2 weeks via email.

On the other hand, I did personally have a slight issue with an item I purchased from @NitroYellowMKV, but Phillip was great to work with and resolved the issue immediately. We spoke on the phone multiple times, he answered phone calls or texts within seconds, and I would 100% purchase from him again. More companies need to follow Phillip's approach on keeping their customers happy. I know you're reading this... I appreciate what you did for me and I hope the best for your business, you deserve only good things brother šŸ«¶ If you are new around here, buy from this guy. Great prices, and even better customer service. He actually cares about his customers and the community.
Ah man this is so nice to read, thank you for the kind words, I really try my best to leave every customer as happy as possible, as a small one person enterprise I do make mistakes and not everything is not always perfect, I do my best to make it right when that happens.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
+1 for @NitroYellowMKV. His customer service is bar none.

I also have to say I've worked with @Extreme Power House and was extremely pleased. There were some pricing errors that I admittedly attempted to take advantage of and they contacted me right away about it. Refunded ezpz no harm no foul.

Third shout-out to Graveyard Performance. Joey has similar customer service to Phillip (nitro yellow)

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
Just bought a red FTP intake pipe from A90 and waiting for them to ship out a spoiler that had a few weeks lead time that I bought 2/3 weeks ago.... hope it goes well.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Just bought a red FTP intake pipe from A90 and waiting for them to ship out a spoiler that had a few weeks lead time that I bought 2/3 weeks ago.... hope it goes well.
as a fellow vendor and speaking to Will @A90 Shop on many occasions, He sounds like a good dude and true enthusiast, at the end of the day we all try our best but so often especially as of late our vendors fail us and we get stuck with upset customer. I urge everyone ordering parts right now to understand how understocked everyone is and how slow overseas shipments have been coming in!
Sponsored