BM3 Start-up Roar always present

skyviper80

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 WRX STI, 2020 GR Supra
I'll check what my setting is at but you can disable the GTS startup roar with BM3. I have mine turned off.

Edit: Mine is set to OEM.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
So, I switched back to turning on cold start and setting gts roar to oem and the roar is now gone. Very strange.. I guess it's programmed to not allow both cold start delete with gts roar turned off. idk.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
So, I switched back to turning on cold start and setting gts roar to oem and the roar is now gone. Very strange.. I guess it's programmed to not allow both cold start delete with gts roar turned off. idk.
I can confirm I have the same issue and this does appear to be the case. I would really like the option to have both cold start off and gts roar off for a stealth startup option

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 - 2000 S2000 - 2013 Civic Si Cpe
I was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this until I saw this. For me its almost 50/50 if it will start up roar. I have the start up roar set to OEM and cat heating cycle off and Ive noticed if my car is parked in my underground garage it will do the start up roar every cold start but if its left outside then it will not roar but like start up at around 1100rom then drop to the 8-600 idle unlike the roar which goes to like 2500 or so. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like it start up roaring on a cold engine to me doesn't feel like it can be good for the car. Every time it does the roar on start up after parking it over night makes me feel a bit uneasy especially since sometimes it does let out a pop or two.

OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
I was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this until I saw this. For me its almost 50/50 if it will start up roar. I have the start up roar set to OEM and cat heating cycle off and Ive noticed if my car is parked in my underground garage it will do the start up roar every cold start but if its left outside then it will not roar but like start up at around 1100rom then drop to the 8-600 idle unlike the roar which goes to like 2500 or so. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like it start up roaring on a cold engine to me doesn't feel like it can be good for the car. Every time it does the roar on start up after parking it over night makes me feel a bit uneasy especially since sometimes it does let out a pop or two.
This is EXACTLY what happens to me, yeah. It's annoying and makes me cringe a little inside when I'm starting my car on a cold start and it does the roar..

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 - 2000 S2000 - 2013 Civic Si Cpe
This is EXACTLY what happens to me, yeah. It's annoying and makes me cringe a little inside when I'm starting my car on a cold start and it does the roar..
If the only "solution" is to turn back the cold start than that's a bummer but I still want to get another opinion if that start up roar on a dead cold engine is bad for the car since it revs past 2k rpm for a second, if so I'll turn the cold start back on.

OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
If the only "solution" is to turn back the cold start than that's a bummer but I still want to get another opinion if that start up roar on a dead cold engine is bad for the car since it revs past 2k rpm for a second, if so I'll turn the cold start back on.
Yeah I wish to know this as well. I also turned cold start back on in the meantime. I contacted protuningfreaks (BM3) and they stated to contact my tuner. My tuner, Paul, stated the map shows everything as correct and that it is most likely an A90 thing.. rip. Hopefully protuningfreaks comes up with a solution cuz pissing off neighbors in the morning is never fun

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Yeah I wish to know this as well. I also turned cold start back on in the meantime. I contacted protuningfreaks (BM3) and they stated to contact my tuner. My tuner, Paul, stated the map shows everything as correct and that it is most likely an A90 thing.. rip. Hopefully protuningfreaks comes up with a solution cuz pissing off neighbors in the morning is never fun
I had the same exact experience when I reached out to BM3.. I then reached out to Sameh (my tuner) and there was nothing on his end he could see was wrong either.. I've been living with the start up roar for months now haha...

OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
An update.

I reached out to the guys at BM3 and they requested my tuner, F80Paul, reach out to them so they can discuss what's going on. I was asked to request Paul a new map so they can look at the values again and after some back and forth with new flashes, I think we figured things out and the roar delete + cold start delete is gone. Video included. @Yabai @jRuN @SilverMk5

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
An update.

I reached out to the guys at BM3 and they requested my tuner, F80Paul, reach out to them so they can discuss what's going on. I was asked to request Paul a new map so they can look at the values again and after some back and forth with new flashes, I think we figured things out and the roar delete + cold start delete is gone. Video included. @Yabai @jRuN @SilverMk5

Very nice! Now we need to teach the MHD crew the same thing, because my MHD tuned car behaves the exact same as described. I turned off cold start and since then start up roar when cold is seemingly random but is there more often than not, and I don’t like it. It should only be there in Sport mode, ideally, and when the engine is sufficiently warm.
Sponsored