kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Bad setup or tune is obvious.

I was more talking about stickier tires = traction = more stress on the transmission and axles
So was I, considering the same power-not having a dialed in set up with optimal weight transfer/grip due to the many of the factors that coming in when dragging an rwd car.. can do more damage. For example .. wheel hop is a drivetrain killer. Bad traction can send stress 10 fold to the other corner snap an axel faster than perfect forward motion traction
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
So was I, considering the same power-not having a dialed in set up with optimal weight transfer/grip due to the many of the factors that coming in when dragging an rwd car.. can do more damage. For example .. wheel hop is a drivetrain killer. Bad traction can send stress 10 fold to the other corner snap an axel faster than perfect forward motion traction
I have only gotten wheel hop on a bad prepped track with bad traction on slicks along with my race mounts was going bad. And agree with you! ^^^

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I have only gotten wheel hop on a bad prepped track with bad traction on slicks along with my race mounts was going bad. And agree with you! ^^^
I used to get wheel hop all the time in my awd ttrs, it wasnt until I upgraded all the trans mounts, dogbone, and tires that it went away. And my Mustang was terrible lol. Wheel hop Was also the cause of some broken GTR trans, that never went too public but it was acknowledge by nissan. I hope we have a strong powertrain but realistically I just want 10sec at anything above 126
Sponsored