METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
P2uned and Full-Race manifolds are nice but offer less control than OEM wastegate i.e. boost-by-gear and low boost pressure will be gone.. plus those manifolds require dual wastegates and BOV so there's a much higher upfront cost.

I suggest a different tuner. I've heard they are a pain but experienced tuners have a lot of the bugs worked out.
I've also been told the P2uned kit has a noticeably higher amount of lag compared to AMS or Pure. Info coming from a shop that has experienced each of those Turbos on their shop car.
Sponsored

hooligan317

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Any word on when AMS will release 2021 kits?
Unfortunately AMS told me yesterday there are no current plans to release the Alpha 6/8 kits for the 2021+

• Sad
Reactions: zrk

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Unfortunately AMS told me yesterday there are no current plans to release the Alpha 6/8 kits for the 2021+
I was told 2023 they start selling or start R&D.

I've already waited a year and will not wait any longer, especially with the issues I am hearing about on these kits. I'll still run all the AMS stuff but just with a Pure800 and stock charge-pipe.

Last edited:

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I was told 2023 they start selling or start R&D.

I've already waited a year and will not wait any longer, especially with the issues I am hearing about on these kits. I'll still run all the AMS stuff but just with a Pure800 and stock charge-pipe.
This is a smart move. At this point I’m contemplating alternatives. Pure is just reliable and efficient. If you want to go top mount look at the P2uned. They seem to have success.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
This is a smart move. If you want to go too mount look at the P2uned. They seem to have success.
For my use of street driving, top mount would only take away from the experience with more lag. This is coming from the shop that has the P2tuned installed currently and came from a AMS 8 and Pure 800.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is a smart move. At this point I’m contemplating alternatives. Pure is just reliable and efficient. If you want to go top mount look at the P2uned. They seem to have success.
“Seem to” lol.

extreme-eg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86, Evo IX, S13 200SX
Pretty soon both 2-port and 6-port guys will be able to choose from GC, GC Mid and GC+ options - which are excellent bang for buck. GC Mid seems like a good fit for street-orientated cars or those stuck on Pump fuel.

I'm just disappointed AMS didn't go with the G-series on these.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Pretty soon both 2-port and 6-port guys will be able to choose from GC, GC Mid and GC+ options - which are excellent bang for buck. GC Mid seems like a good fit for street-orientated cars or those stuck on Pump fuel.

@AMSPerformance @AMS_Brandon can we see the 6-port implemented with the G-series turbo?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

I'd google Vargas turbo reliability before going that direction.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I'd google Vargas turbo reliability before going that direction.
Most larger tuners won't want to tune your car with a Vargas turbo.