Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
That's disappointing. I would expect it to be a lot faster as it's dyno numbers suggest. I am curious if that C6 is truly just a muffler delete. It spun hard when he shifted and I've never a stock C6 do that.

A manual LS3 C6 is a 116-118MPH car out of the box, so considering the MKV hung with it it's not that disappointing (but it is). The tire spin means nothing; easy to do on an aggressive shift unless you're on a really good tire. I'm sure the C6 was stock aside from the drivermod otherwise it would have been a beating. The LS stuff really wakes up with even basic bolt-ons.
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
A manual LS3 C6 is a 116-118MPH car out of the box, so considering the MKV hung with it it's not that disappointing (but it is). The tire spin means nothing; easy to do on an aggressive shift unless you're on a really good tire. I'm sure the C6 was stock aside from the drivermod otherwise it would have been a beating. The LS stuff really wakes up with even basic bolt-ons.
Well, I guess we will see what happens long term then! Never realized C6’s were so quick stock.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Apparently the Z4 might get axed and not repeat. I wonder what that means for the Supra going forward if BMW isn't that interested.
I mean, this was pretty much the last hurrah anyways, at least for petrol tech.
Yeah, it essentially took both manufacturers to make both cars happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the G29/A90 was a one-n-done-production-run. The GT4 concept is very much in it's infant stages primarily because of the lack of factory support from BMW.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Still a little ways out, but there's a reason that the majority of our R&D budgets have been in electric, autonomous driving, and AI for the past several years.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
More like 2036+, but there's a reason that the majority of our R&D budgets have been in electric, autonomous driving, and AI for the past several years.
There's a plan for an AI aircraft set for 2035 apparently, but as of now Camaro is dying in 2023, the S550 will get a facelift soon, then it will be in limbo till 2026, and the R36 might arrive in 2027, and the C8s endgame is electrification
This has me worried

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
A70, I know it's not going to be for everyone (not to mention the costs involved) but do you have any personal opinion on the viability of fully electric converting (with appropriate replacement of original horsepower at minimum) the classic sportscars and muscle cars we all love as a way of future proofing them past 2023 and 2026?

I've been studying how this is done on various chassis just to educate myself but I guess I'm not so much asking if it CAN be done but how, even if you happen to do it, this will play in the larger scheme of where the auto industry appears to want to take us in coming years.

I realize it may be a complicated thing to speculate on but... even if some of the propulsion paradigm changes I feel that all of us here simply love interesting enthusiast type vehicles, love driving them and always will want to keep them relevant and roadworthy no matter what.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I feel that is what the aftermarket is eventually going to be honestly, and I don't think it's gonna be all that hard or expensive once it's more prolific.

The issue for now is efficiency and weight, both of which are problems even for vehicles designed ground up as EV, which is why Toyota was pushing in the direction of fuel cell instead, but eventually we will get there.

But for now, viability is questionable at best. I've seen some cars that have been converted and there are few positives other than being a neat project .

Once the tech is efficient enough and can be downsized, then the retrofitting question will answer itself with some assistance. Needless to the say, the conclusion here is its a long way out right now.
Sponsored