Annoying Front Glass Fog

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
is the fog forming inside or outside?

if it's outside, it's due to humid weather condition and not much you can do. using wiper and pointing the fans toward torso and/or feet only.

If it's inside, pointing fan works as well. there are rainX for inside you might be able to use, also. A/C pumps cool air and it also pumps out drier air so fog should not form inside but if it does, there might be issue with your A/C system which I doubt given the condition of the car.
Sponsored

Usamgi

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Good Morning Fellas

Ive tried everything and I cannot get the AC tocool the cabin without fogging the front Glass, is either on defrost or in the process of getting fogged, here in FL. What am I missing here?
Thanks for your comments in advance!

20200414_105801.jpg
Good Morning Fellas

Ive tried everything and I cannot get the AC tocool the cabin without fogging the front Glass, is either on defrost or in the process of getting fogged, here in FL. What am I missing here?
Thanks for your comments in advance!

20200414_105801.jpg
Did you ever find a fix? My 2021 does the same thing. Thanks!

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
This has to be an issue with the mechanical Vent blender/ air direction flaps inside the dash. BMW called it the damper servo. They might not be switching from the defrost position to not blow air on the windshield and blow it out the correct facial / floor vents. Air should not be coming out of the upper windshield vents unless defrost switch is on. Also make sure you do not have the recirculate switch on A or M. With that switch off it brings in fresh air. With it set to a or m it recirculates damp air inside the cabin.

page 2683 of Supra service manual

5986D2D4-D8B2-412C-AB71-25615FD866EE.png

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
i just recently experienced this, I thought it would jut go away after a while but it stayed as i kept driving. had to divert the air straight rather than going up and straight, for both the passenger and driver side. It is a little quirk but what can we do now...

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
i just recently experienced this, I thought it would jut go away after a while but it stayed as i kept driving. had to divert the air straight rather than going up and straight, for both the passenger and driver side. It is a little quirk but what can we do now...
Ok let me get this straight . This is not a quirk of the car. Your not supposed to use the defrost vents (the vent blowing at the front windshield on top of the dash) for cold air . That vent is specifically to blow hot air at the window when it fogs up or has ice on the window. It’s called the defrost vent. If this is why your window is fogging up in the summer then it’s just user error.

P.S.A don’t use the defrost vents unless your windows are fogging up or covered in ice. If your window is fogged or iced you press the defrost button and blow hot air at the window. Then once the window is defrosted you switch the air back to the normal vents.

Are you guys who are getting fogged doing this? Or are your vents actually stuck in the defrost position blowing cold air at the windshield?
Your not supposed to use those vents for cold air in the summer. Just put the ac in automatic mode :doh::banghead:

Usamgi

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I dunno, it only happens when my partner has been driving my car and he is an air conditioning fiend, so maybe? We have tried it on the settings people recommend and it still seemed to happen. But I’ll double check and make sure the front vents are off. Thanks!

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
In my case, it turned out to be the position of the recirculation switch A/M. Here, in the Arizona desert, the outside humidity averages around 15% while the inside of the car is closer to 30% (breath).

My moving the switch to/from manual/automatic, my problem cleared.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Just another data point: mine does this too. Seems to help with the recirc. Button off, which is fine by me. I’d rather breathe fresh air unless I’m trying to get max. Ac or following a diesel truck.
Sponsored