Any Cayman GT4 fans?

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
Cayman GT4 was revealed yesterday. To me this is a true enthusiast's car. Even more than the 911 GT3. 3.8 NA engine and manual only! Don't think we'll be seeing many more of these cars ever made :(

Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
The car looks great!

I wouldn't be so sad... after all this car is just getting introduced. ;)

I'd pick this GT4 over a base 911 any day. Still both of those cars are a little too pricey IMO for what's offered, particularly the base 911. Also personally I'd prefer PDK.

It is irritating that even in the "GT4" version the powerplant is limited by the marketing department.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Full of parts from the GT3, impressive! And all at a starting price equal to a well-spec'd Cayman S. This car will be a collectors type car after it's done.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Well if this detuned Carerra S engine is putting out 385 Hp at a lighter curb weight (?) than a Carerra S engine that puts out 430 Hp, can you imagine with a mid engine, if tuned up to its designed Hp, what it can do to all other Porsches (excluding the current model all wheel turn GT3)..., including the 2011 3.8 GT3?

I test drove a Cayman GTS at the track, sponsored by Porsche of America. Unfortunately they would not let me push the car much! But I tried weird steering inputs in the corners to try and unsettle the car, but it wouldn't budge! Very good handling for a car with street set up.

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
Runs the Nurburgring at least as fast as the previous gen 911 GT3 (7:40) damn!

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Weigh was recently announced at 2955 lbs. With 385 Hp on tap and sub 100" wheel base (97.5"), this starts to look and offer everything I'd want in a car....an awesome track witch that can go against big boys who "can" actually drive!

Toyota- better hurry up and get off the pot and commit before I get to retirement age, otherwise me along with a lot of other people will pull the plug and buy something that's real and here, as opposed to hold our breath for something that by the time is released has already been old news for quite sometime!

Boy, GT4, or a used GT3, or the imaginary FT1...? Decisions, decisions....hopefully before I die!

Last edited:

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
This is one of my favorite videos of the GT4 so far. I test drove Cayman S before and always though acceleration and sound were a little lacking, but this sounds and looks like it's on another level!

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I test road the Cayman GTS and Carrera Targa 4S at the track back to back. Although Porsche didn't allow me push their cars much, I tried to unsettle the cars in corners to see how they'd respond.

Targa 4S felt very much luxury sports sedan like to me, no surprise, since they are targetting fat cat execs...but the Cayman GTS with its (lesser than GT4) 3.4 lt engine seems it was agile and was capable, while still very civilized that wouldn't get novice drivers in trouble. I'm hoping the GT4 is a bit more edgy and can bite when asked:drive:, if FT1 doesn't become reality.

Last edited:

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Porsche considering more powerful and lighter Cayman GT4 RS

17452704791476849870.jpg

Depends on the customers demand

Porsche executive has hinted a more hardcore version of the Cayman GT4 could be launched in the future.

Speaking to EVO at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, Porsche Motorsport boss Andreas Preuninger revealed the company could produce an RS variant of the Cayman GT4 if there’s a customers demand for it.

“This is just the beginning of the era”, he commented. “I would be interested in doing a Cayman GT4 RS version, but at the moment we didn’t even talk about such a thing. If the customers call for something like this we could think about it”.

The recently introduced Cayman GT4 has a 3.8-liter flat-six engine with 385 HP (283 kW) and 420 Nm (310 lb-ft), sent to the rear axle via a six-speed manual transmission only. Preuninger explained the company’s decision to offer the car exclusively with a manual gearbox was taken “for good reason – to show people that we listened”.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115030890102/porsche-considering-more-powerful-and-lighter-cayman

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
More propaganda!

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Just talked to a sales mgr, the first allocation of GT4's are already sold out. I think the production number was supposed to be like GT3, in the 500-600 range (?). They might run a second production of 200-300, but not all dealers are getting them. It's questionable if they continue with manual GT4 in the future too....

Seems like the next generation of GT3 is going to be a few years from now too, since I understand there might be a 911 model change in a couple years. With GT3 to follow a couple of years later.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ that's crazy. So far nothing but great things have been said about the GT4 in reviews. It has caught my interest. Depending on what comes out of the FT-1 once it's all said and done, I may pick one of these up used in a few yrs.
Sponsored