any recommedation tires for supra a90 after tuning arround 550-600 hp

Machi Kie

First Name
Machi Kie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra a90
any recommedation tires for supra a90 after tuning arround 500-500 hp ?
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've had great luck with Cup 2's on other cars. Going to buy a set in the spring for the Supra. Consider the "R" version of the tire.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'm still driving around on my Maxxis R compound tires and really should stop doing that, lol. What a difference from the shitty stock rubber. I'll be looking for something similar and affordable I can daily when not on these weekend track wheels. It'll just be for short distances. The cups would be the best 4sho @underdonk but damn they're pricey!

I've really been happy with these on my other cars for daily driving:

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 | 255/35R19 - diameter Front | 275/35R19 - diameter Rear (tirerack.com)

Just did a search and found em for our Supra stock wheels.... So thx for the thread @Machi Kie and finding me a way to spend more money 😭

Firehawk $971 vs Michelin $1598 and the Firehawks Tirerack reviews are great!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm still driving around on my Maxxis R compound tires and really should stop doing that, lol. What a difference from the shitty stock rubber. I'll be looking for something similar and affordable I can daily when not on these weekend track wheels. It'll just be for short distances. The cups would be the best 4sho @underdonk but damn they're pricey!

I've really been happy with these on my other cars for daily driving:

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 | 255/35R19 - diameter Front | 275/35R19 - diameter Rear (tirerack.com)

Just did a search and found em for our Supra stock wheels.... So thx for the thread @Machi Kie and finding me a way to spend more money 😭

Firehawk $971 vs Michelin $1598 and the Firehawks Tirerack reviews are great!

The Indy's aren't much better than the OEM tires. I would pick any of the 200tw offerings over them if you actually want grip.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Appreciate that. Since I don't drive it much, I'd rather have the grip over the treadwear life. How about these:

Kumho Ecsta PS91 | 255/35ZR19 - diameter Front | 275/35ZR19 - diameter Rear (tirerack.com)

Otherwise, I might as well buy the Michelin cups. Everything else in between says on backorder.
Do you need rain capability?

Michelin cups are a waste of money for street use. Hell, they aren't even great on track for the money unless they are the R versions.

If you want sticky non-drag tires for the street, with rain capability, I would look at:

Yoko A052
Bridgestone RE-71RS
Falken RT660
Goodyear Eagle SuperCar 3

^ in order of stickiness and rain capability

This is also based on my knowledge that you live in Florida where it never gets cold.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
They are pricey, but I really think they ride the line nicely between street and track, though they are more of a track tire you can street than the other way around, IMO. I've read that the R version of the tire is the same compound but they change the tread pattern to provide more dry grip but even less water clearance. I say "even less" because they are already "not great" in the wet. Probably not something I'd run in FL with the pop-up afternoon thunderstorms you guys tend to get!