Anybody getting challenged more on the road?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Austin TX is full of Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. Now that the highways are pretty clear, thanks to COVID, I’m getting challenged nearly every day on the way to work or back (I work in the medical field, and so am I considered “essential”). I’d be lying if I said it isn’t kinda fun beating the muscle cars. Lost to a ZL1 today—no surprise—but I think he was shocked at the run I gave him (I have a Schnitzer tune).

Best runs I’ve had have been against a SRT 392 and a M2C: both very even. Their mods are unknown.

Any one else getting challenged?
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
i be kinda wanting people to challenge. But most never do. and if they do its more indirect than anything, like hard accelerations without asking to race. Almost like trying to get me to chase. Usually when that happens i let them take off, then i real them in hard. and they do want to go anymore.

Streets are so clear now though. Stil a little dirty and dusty in NY. but no cars are really out right now.

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
When I was stock I would get cars all over trying to race me, and now that I am running stage 2 I barely find any lol

Just recently I ran with a Hellcat from about 60 to 120 mph and he hardly overtook me with half a car gap near the top end, we were both surprised for sure

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
...(I have a Schnitzer tune)...

Was wondering about Schnitzer for myself...I know they focus more on torque than HP, but how do you like yours? Did you go through the Florida store to get yours? What did that do to your warranty?

My apologies for all the questions...the Supra is the first car I've owned...been a Jeep and Taco guy up to this point.

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I pray for a challenge every time I take my car out , especially during covid boredom Lol I’ve beat stock zl1, stage 2 c63 coupe, 2019 m5, c7 stock z06 and stock hellcats . I running a catless downpipe e50 tune into ecutek and a drop in filter.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Was wondering about Schnitzer for myself...I know they focus more on torque than HP, but how do you like yours? Did you go through the Florida store to get yours? What did that do to your warranty?

My apologies for all the questions...the Supra is the first car I've owned...been a Jeep and Taco guy up to this point.
Love the tune, better than bm3 and before that I had JB4; yes, the torque is nuts at 440, hp 395. It comes with a 3 year warranty, so I didn’t worry about Toyota warranty. I contacted the Florida store back in early Dec, before they had a price for it in the states.

GhostLE

First Name
Mansoor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, G63
Accepted a challenge from a GT350. Did a 20 & 30 roll up to 120. I walked away both times. Also ran a E92 M3 with a exhaust and tune. We did a 20 roll and 40 roll. First run had him by 4 or 5 cars second run had him by 3-4 cars. Noticed on the second run after 130 the M3 was slowly reeling back in but I hit the brakes didn’t want to go any faster. Btw I’m bone stock, the fuel I use is 101 octane. But even that shouldn’t make much of a difference without a tune. I was actually quiet surprised because I am stock so I assumed they would have both beat me. By the way they were both beautiful cars that’s the only reason why I accepted their challenges. Win or lose I would’ve had a smile on my face either way.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
All the time, Love it.

I lost to Alpha romeo Guila with a tune and dp. He traps 127, he got me by about a car, car.5 40-145

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I've had one race: a new Tesla Model S. It was from a stoplight so just pretty much like being at a strip. 0~40 we were dead even. After that I pulled away. I am on a Twisted 91 octane tune. E85 is pending.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I've had one race: a new Tesla Model S. It was from a stoplight so just pretty much like being at a strip. 0~40 we were dead even. After that I pulled away. I am on a Twisted 91 octane tune. E85 is pending.
How do you like the Twisted tune? Are you using it with MHD?

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I'm amazed at how much was gained on wimpy California 91 octane, but that is just scratching the surface compared to the gains that will come with E85. I am using MHD. Once I figured out the correct procedure it worked flawlessly.
Sponsored