Anybody getting challenged more on the road?

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am going to assume the RS3 was stock, and I feel like stock power to the wheels they are making about 340whp as well due to DT loss?

From a dig I would think that RS3 would win, but that kind of cockiness is just poor taste, with basically same class vehicle (roughly). Audi guys lol
Stock for sure; he was just sure he had the more muscular car.
Sponsored

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe. I was next to a Model 3 about a month ago and for some reason said driver thought he wanted to show off, and launch from a stop at a light. Mind you I was not interested at all, nor did I race. However when that thing took off...it was a rocket, and even my Stage 2 I am positive would not keep up from a 0-60mph.
Yesterday I celebrated my 67th birthday, so it's safe to say the guy in the Tesla was half my age as evidenced by his weaving in and out of traffic and obviously not being shy about exploiting the performance his car had. I have no doubt he matted the accelerator when the light turned green.

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe. I was next to a Model 3 about a month ago and for some reason said driver thought he wanted to show off, and launch from a stop at a light. Mind you I was not interested at all, nor did I race. However when that thing took off...it was a rocket, and even my Stage 2 I am positive would not keep up from a 0-60mph.
Agreed. Rented a Model X P100D. That thing weighs over 5400 lbs and I destroyed a Bentley Continental GT speed...wasnā€™t even close.

Teslas are quick. Must have a rocket strapped to your Supra...

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Best kill yesterday: a M550i is next to me at a light. Thereā€™s about 1/3 mile before it goes to single lane. He revved, signaling he wanted to go off the line. OK, itā€™s on. I donā€™t know if he put it to the floor right off or what, maybe thinking cockily there was no way he was going to get beat, but I sure put the hammer down. Took him by a good car length. I have found that once this car has any kind of lead, it takes a super car to pull on you.

Last edited:

Malinkadink

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Celica GT 4 Speed
Model 3 Perf owner here, can confirm its fast and especially nuts off the line. Still i want to trade it for a 21 Supra. The Tesla is just boring in my opinion. It's on rails and there's no drama to get up to speed. Sure blowing everyone away at lights is still fun, and its a fantastic daily as far as creature comforts, but it lacks the emotion ICE cars have.

Also i must have gotten really unlucky but my car was riddled with almost every single QC issue Tesla has been known to have. Paint problems, misaligned trim, misaligned body panels, inconsistent panel gaps, one of the doors holds water by the door sill after a car wash or rain and needs to open the door to have it spill out lol. Also speaking of doors each of them makes a totally different sound when closing, none of them sound great. I really can go on, but for the 55k i paid i've been very disappointed with the fit and finish.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
This morning I was stopped at a light on a large, three lane 50 mph suburban street. I notice the guy behind me in an AMG SUV had his eyes in his lap as he texted away. I took off briskly and was about 100 yards ahead of traffic. Suddenly the AMG roars past me doing 100+. black smoke spewing from his exhaust. I was hoping to get side by side but he turned off. In this city of 550,000 I have yet to see another MKV but the news obviously has gotten around.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Model 3 Perf owner here, can confirm its fast and especially nuts off the line. Still i want to trade it for a 21 Supra. The Tesla is just boring in my opinion. It's on rails and there's no drama to get up to speed. Sure blowing everyone away at lights is still fun, and its a fantastic daily as far as creature comforts, but it lacks the emotion ICE cars have.

Also i must have gotten really unlucky but my car was riddled with almost every single QC issue Tesla has been known to have. Paint problems, misaligned trim, misaligned body panels, inconsistent panel gaps, one of the doors holds water by the door sill after a car wash or rain and needs to open the door to have it spill out lol. Also speaking of doors each of them makes a totally different sound when closing, none of them sound great. I really can go on, but for the 55k i paid i've been very disappointed with the fit and finish.
I know many owners of the S, 3, and X. All are nice cars observed in a macro manner. But when you start to inspect the cars, every single one has had small little quality issues which really concerns me for the S and X as those are around 100k or more cars. I have driven a few and they are awesome but they also lack the theater of a ICE car, hydrocarbons be damned.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I got walked at a light by a soccer mom in her Cayenne turbo S. Dayum.

Last edited:

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
This morning I was stopped at a light on a large, three lane 50 mph suburban street. I notice the guy behind me in an AMG SUV had his eyes in his lap as he texted away. I took off briskly and was about 100 yards ahead of traffic. Suddenly the AMG roars past me doing 100+. black smoke spewing from his exhaust. I was hoping to get side by side but he turned off. In this city of 550,000 I have yet to see another MKV but the news obviously has gotten around.
I know they are here, but I have only seen one other Supra in the entire metropolitan valley here (Phoenix)...and it was a dealer's car parked at the dealership...

Malinkadink

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Celica GT 4 Speed
I got walked at a light by a soccer mom in her Cayenne turbo S. Dayum.
Hybrids will do that, we're coming up to a transitional period where they start hybridization of performance vehicles to compete better with full EVs before everything turns into an EV.

Malinkadink

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Celica GT 4 Speed
Of course you did. Itā€™s literally double your vehicle in HP...
It's also significantly heavier, only reason it ran away from the light is because of the instant torque from the electric motor giving it an edge from a dig, also AWD helps.
Sponsored