Anyone else keeping their Supra bone stock?

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Since my purchase on Sept 4 of 2020, having been on this forum almost daily, I wonder whether anyone else is merely(?) keeping their Supra stock, content to enjoy a solid ride, good handling and power without a care for 0-60 times, 1/4 miles, after market downpipes, piggybacks and other tunes. I can't possibly be out there in the Supra world all alone in keeping the car as is.

As a former P-car owner for the last 10 years, I am more interested in great rides, feeling at one with the machine, anticipating its moves, playing with it, in short...Driving!

My modification has been limited to one of the wind buffeting solutions. Anh oh yes, I found the handling so twitchy that i had a Hunter alignment done and toe adjustments made at all four corners...Different car!

And no, I have no interest in racing and I don't autoX anymore.

Mine is a daily driver that I regularly take up to 3 digit speeds a la Porsche and I keep asking
myself what I would do with more power/torque and where I would use it, especially when taking the cost of mods, the inherent risks attached to mods.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Supra. What a car at that price!
Sponsored

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
I have had mine as of July 23/19 and I have only added cusco front brace and rear brace and tint.
Nothing engine ,mechanical related.
This spring I will add lots off carbon fibre to the exterior and interior , I’ve ordered from rexpeed, NV , and Autotecnik.
I agree the car runs amazing as is .
Most people don’t really need anything more .
But for some this car has the flexibility that car enthusiast can easily tweak to get more out of it.
This is why the Supra is an incredible car ,it fits almost everyone’s pallet of what they need a sports car for .

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I guess it depends what your definition of stock is.

Am i keeping the engine stock and will not run any tunes, different fuel, or additional additives? Yes, full stock for me.

However i myself like to improve the driving characteristics of the car with other things like suspension, wheels, tires, aero and bars for rigidity. In that case no, my car is not staying stock.

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue
For a car like this, I am more interested in OEM+ at the least.

I think a part of it is, I am still pretty active in care meets/shows and honestly it is pretty cool to have a car that fits in with the line ups.

Just a slight drop, a lip and spacers is all I want aesthetically (Already tinted the windows).

With an exhaust to help it sound really nice.

Other than that, I'd probably only mod it as I need to. So maybe new wheels when I actually need new tires.

For actual modding, the plan is to make an American modded car soon (Either my 2015 Mustang GT I already have or pick-up a C7 Z06)

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
My car is stock with the exception of the 9 dollar wind buffeting solution..... likely best 9 dollars ever spent. I love my car as is and have no desire to shorten its lifespan - if I were to do anything in the future - cat back exhaust and CAI...... solely for sound alone. Also thinking about padding and porting the speaker box as described in another post.

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra
My car is lowered with H&R springs and spacers. I like the more firmer and sportier ride now. Also steering is a bit heavier which what I prefer after it has been lowered with spacers. I'm waiting for the 21 ecu to be unlocked. I just want a simple 91 tune hopefully putting out low 410-420whp. I just want it to be a bit faster than stock but not looking for a dyno queen.

Last edited:

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Since my purchase on Sept 4 of 2020, having been on this forum almost daily, I wonder whether anyone else is merely(?) keeping their Supra stock, content to enjoy a solid ride, good handling and power without a care for 0-60 times, 1/4 miles, after market downpipes, piggybacks and other tunes. I can't possibly be out there in the Supra world all alone in keeping the car as is.

As a former P-car owner for the last 10 years, I am more interested in great rides, feeling at one with the machine, anticipating its moves, playing with it, in short...Driving!

My modification has been limited to one of the wind buffeting solutions. Anh oh yes, I found the handling so twitchy that i had a Hunter alignment done and toe adjustments made at all four corners...Different car!

And no, I have no interest in racing and I don't autoX anymore.

Mine is a daily driver that I regularly take up to 3 digit speeds a la Porsche and I keep asking
myself what I would do with more power/torque and where I would use it, especially when taking the cost of mods, the inherent risks attached to mods.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Supra. What a car at that price!

For most of our customers, they tend to upgrade their wheels and suspension soon as they get the car!

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
I just picked mine up and i kept asking myself this prior to picking it, mind you I spent a hole year justifying the purchase kinda glad I did, but that's a story you can see in my introduction post lol. Ill def be getting the wind buffetting solution otherwise I think it stays stock for me.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
I've had mine since August 2019. Only things I've done far is add PPF and Ceramic Coating and the buffeting fix. In the spring I plan to do the @tadda speaker box upgrade and add ceramic pads all around (I hate brake dust). After that, I'm done. I like it just like it is.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Same here. Added the buffeting fix and that’s it so far. Care to share your alignment specs?

I may do the Tadda San speaker stuff come spring.......we’ll see. Car is fun as is.....

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
+1 not done anything to affect performance, just coding or small aesthetic mods